The Brainless Box (aka Television Shows)

Talk about anything you want here
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: The Brainless Box (aka Television Shows)

Post by Tawmis »

UPtimist wrote: So, I'm just watching stuff like .... Modern Family, Big Bang Theory...
Good stuff there.
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

We didn't care for the main character of Grimm that much to begin with, but we liked the supporting cast and the premise, so we continued to watch. Nick does get more likable as the season progresses and the supporting cast can be quite entertaining. Plus, they do start to get more into the connecting story arcs later in the season too, which I prefer over exclusively self-contained episodes.

I actually think the police angle works quite well with his role as Grimm in terms of investigations, and it also leads to some interesting dilemmas between the two roles.

I do agree that they could do a better job of fitting the fairy tales with the episodes at times, instead of just having each one revolve around a different type of anthropomorphic animal. It kind of falls into the same trap that Angel did with demons. The Goldilocks (and Bluebeard to a degree) episode of Grimm actually did the best job of combining all the elements together, in terms of the Fairy Tale and the police case. It's disappointing they didn't do more with some of the others.

I do like some supernatural shows, like Buffy and Angel, but I never liked the approach of others, like X-files or Supernatural. I'm not really sure why, but there was just something that didn't click for me with how they handled the content.

I actually really like the Fairy Tale theme of Grimm (and Once Upon a Time), since I love Fairy Tales and seeing modern, urban adaptions of them. It's a refreshing change.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Maiandra wrote: I never liked the approach of others, like Supernatural.
I... I thought we could be friends.... :cry:

I was wrong.

:lol:
Maxor127
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Maxor127 »

Sounds like it's time for a Sam & Dean vs Grimm Guy & uh... someone else from the show deathmatch, not that death ever stops the Winchesters.
Moon Dragon
Sierra Veteran

Post by Moon Dragon »

Maxor127 wrote:Have you watched Supernatural? I'm interested in what someone who watched the first seasons for both shows thinks of Grimm compared to Supernatural.
Yes, I've watched supernatural. I think it all depends on what you like. I do agree that grimm could have made a better job of trying to fit the fairytales into moderne crime fighting, but I still found it a bit refreshing. Aswell as being more divers (at least to beging with) I think that Supernatural, ironically enough, is more grim, than Grimm. However, while I personally loved the first two seasons of supernatural, I think they have taken a turn for the worse (or should I rather say silly?) with the later seasons (I still watch them, mind you, but I don't know if I would ever buy them or rewatch more than specific episodes I liked). I think my preferences would be supernatural S1+2, grimm, supernatural S4+ and lastsly supernatural S3 (although some of the supposed to be funny spoof episodes of the later seasons, easily compare to my opinion of S3).
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Just watched the HELL ON WHEELS season 2 finale...

Damn you, Hell on Wheels. Damn you to Hell.

I loved and hated it all at the same time...

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”