Sierra Lover

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by oberonqa »

Welcome aboard :)
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

Rath Darkblade wrote:(Bonus points and choc-chip cookies to anyone who points out the two references to pop culture (and one to a Sierra game) in this post!) ;)
Because I have Harry Potter on my mind, is it that for the pop culture and EcoQuest as the Sierra reference? :D
QuestCollector
Sierra Veteran

Post by QuestCollector »

Welcome to the boards Cpages2!

Your name seems very familiar to me, I believe I may have sold some games on eBay to you quite some time ago.

Hope you continue to post here. It's a great place.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Jules wrote:
Rath Darkblade wrote:(Bonus points and choc-chip cookies to anyone who points out the two references to pop culture (and one to a Sierra game) in this post!) ;)
Because I have Harry Potter on my mind, is it that for the pop culture and EcoQuest as the Sierra reference? :D
Sorry... nope, and nope. ;) I don't know HP or EcoQuest that well to quote them... sorry.

(BTW, where are the HP and EcoQuest references?) *curious*
oberonqa
Sierra Lover

Post by oberonqa »

Rath Darkblade wrote:
Jules wrote:
Sorry... nope, and nope. ;) I don't know HP or EcoQuest that well to quote them... sorry.

My guess would be bonus points and choc-chip cookies. Bonus points being the Harry Potter reference (one can score bonus points in Quidditch) and choc-chip cookies being the EcoQuest reference (the main character likes to eat chocolate chip cookies). And actually... it also doubles as a Harry Potter reference as well I believe... as one of the Quiddich team members for House Slitherin goes by the name "Chip".
oberonqa
Sierra Lover

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Post by oberonqa »

Jules wrote:Welcome to the boards, David!

Yeah, those new full body scanners are a real pain eh? ;)

What's the GK3 Xplosion version? Have you played the first to GK's? :)
Xplosiv is a name of a European value-ware company that was pretty big for a while. They made a name for themselves by obtaining the distribution rights to older games, repackaging them and then selling them at a discounted price.

Here's some nice info about Xplosiv:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/company/i ... pany=77473

And yes, I have played and beaten both Sins of the Father and The Beast Within. I actually own both of them. I was digging through some of my old computer CD boxes and stumbled across GK1 CD, which I had forgotten I even had. It's just the CD though... no box or manual.... so now it sits in my GK3 DVD case so I can keep track of it and not loose it again. :)

I also broke down a couple of days ago and purchased the 2006 repack of the Leisure Suit Larry Collection on Amazon. I was trying to hold off so I could get either the Collection Series edition or the Ultimate Pleasure Pack... but I got a hankering to play them.

I still need to get a copy of the Quest for Glory Anthology... but that will need to wait until I am working again. Of all the "Collections", that one is the most expensive and it's really hard to justify spending $50+ USD for it... at least right now.
cpages2
Sierra Obsessed

Post by cpages2 »

QuestCollector wrote:Welcome to the boards Cpages2!

Your name seems very familiar to me, I believe I may have sold some games on eBay to you quite some time ago.

Hope you continue to post here. It's a great place.

It is very possible as I get a lot of my stuff from eBay and have been buying from there for years now. Small world!!!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

- Mike
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Note: I split off the posts about setting up games from the introduction thread. The new thread can be found here.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

oberonqa wrote:
Rath Darkblade wrote:
Jules wrote:

My guess would be bonus points and choc-chip cookies. Bonus points being the Harry Potter reference (one can score bonus points in Quidditch) and choc-chip cookies being the EcoQuest reference (the main character likes to eat chocolate chip cookies). And actually... it also doubles as a Harry Potter reference as well I believe... as one of the Quiddich team members for House Slitherin goes by the name "Chip".
:D Good guesses but I was thinking the "ever-growing army of the undead" for HP and "greetings and salutations" for EQ, although I forget which character I was thinking of. Gregarious, I think?
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Sorry - it's not the bonus points or choc-chip cookies. ;)

Ah, well, Jules got one half-right! Combine the 'vampire fangs' with "Ah, fresh people for my ever-growing army of the undead", and the reference to "*thunder rolls, lightning flashes* Pennsylvania!" :twisted:, and you get the fourth Treehouse of Horror episode on the Simpsons. This is where the Simpsons go to visit Mr Burns in Pennsylvania - cue thunder and lightning - and Mr Burns becomes a vampire, and greets them thuswise:
Burns: [over the intercom] Welcome, come in. Ah, fresh victims for my ever-growing army of the undead --
Smithers: Sir, you have to let go of that button.
Burns: Well, son of a bitch --
;)

"Greetings and salutations" is a little generic... I've heard it in other games besides EQ. I was thinking of "Welcome again, and thrice welcome", which is how Sarra the katta greets you in QfG5. ;)

*gives Jules the cookies* ;)
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

Yay! *munches cookies*

Ahh that makes sense now about Sarra.
Zapher
Bad Sierra Gamer

Post by Zapher »

hello all resident FNG Zapher here
i was introduced to Sierra games at a young age and grew up playing various titles from the space quest kings quest and police quest series. i was introduced to quest for glory when shadows of darkness was released on the cd rom and it has remained to this day my favorite game of all time

recently i have been re exploring all my old favorites and some of the ones i did not get to play when i was young (LSL) i think what you guys have done here is a great thing! its really nice to see how loyal the fans of these amazing games really are!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Welcome to the forums! Plenty of here to discuss! Even if you find an old discussion - if you have something new to add - or even just agree - feel free to post! It's a great way to get to know everyone here who shares a passion for Sierra games!
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Welcome Zapher!

You're definitely in the right place! ;)
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

Welcome ;)
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.

Return to “Announcements”