Sierra Games: Where Do I Belong?

Just like the title says. Fun little forum related games and threads. Come in here and have some fun!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Sierra Games: Where Do I Belong?

Post by Tawmis »

Such a great view.
Such a great view.
Untitled1.png (3.31 KiB) Viewed 2279 times
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Because it was so obvious that it should have slapped me in the face at first glance.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Collector wrote:Because it was so obvious that it should have slapped me in the face at first glance.
Oh! You face palmed because you didn't get it! Right. That makes more sense!
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

This appears to be a view from one of the earlier games, which I'm unfamiliar with (except for the early LSL, PQ, SQ and QfG games). That only leaves... an early King's Quest... which I know nothing about. :(

So here's a complete shot in the dark: it wouldn't happen to be from KQ4, would it? Rosella washing up on the beach?

*BANG!*

*falls down, dead*

I told you it was a shot in the dark... :twisted:
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote:This appears to be a view from one of the earlier games, which I'm unfamiliar with (except for the early LSL, PQ, SQ and QfG games). That only leaves... an early King's Quest... which I know nothing about. :(
Would it help if I said it's from one of the games you said you ARE familiar with. :)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Hmm... well, it's definitely not QfG, and I don't think it's an early SQ (though I've only played SQ1, 2 and 3 - but I'm sure the graphics improve after that). ;) I also don't think it's a PQ... so, hmm. Would this be a view from LSL2?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote:Hmm... well, it's definitely not QfG, and I don't think it's an early SQ (though I've only played SQ1, 2 and 3 - but I'm sure the graphics improve after that). ;) I also don't think it's a PQ... so, hmm. Would this be a view from LSL2?
Well, how about this - it's actually one of the games, you don't think it's from. :)
(That's a much bigger clue than you realize...)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Hmmm... well, if this is SQ, it must be a view from either SQ2 (when Roger gets "flushed" down into the pool) or from SQ3, right at the end (when Roger lands his escape pod near Sierra HQ), since I don't remember anywhere else in the early SQ games that has that much greenery and light blue water. ;)

Am I close?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote:Hmmm... well, if this is SQ, it must be a view from either SQ2 (when Roger gets "flushed" down into the pool) or from SQ3, right at the end (when Roger lands his escape pod near Sierra HQ), since I don't remember anywhere else in the early SQ games that has that much greenery and light blue water. ;)

Am I close?
Hah. I didn't even need to highlight the spoiler space areas to say, you're incorrect. Look at what you said, when I said that's a bigger CLUE than you realize... ;)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Humm. I realise that's a clue, but I don't understand it. =( It's one of the games that I don't think it's from? That would be either a QfG, an SQ, or a PQ. We've already ruled out SQ, and I've played QfG to death and never came across that scene. So it must be PQ, but I cannot think which - especially since there's no beach scene in PQ (at least, not so far as I can remember!). :(
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote:Humm. I realise that's a clue, but I don't understand it. =( It's one of the games that I don't think it's from? That would be either a QfG, an SQ, or a PQ. We've already ruled out SQ, and I've played QfG to death and never came across that scene. So it must be PQ, but I cannot think which - especially since there's no beach scene in PQ (at least, not so far as I can remember!). :(
It looks like a beach, doesn't it.

But it's not quite a beach...
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Tawmis wrote:
Rath Darkblade wrote:This appears to be a view from one of the earlier games, which I'm unfamiliar with (except for the early LSL, PQ, SQ and QfG games). That only leaves... an early King's Quest... which I know nothing about. :(
Would it help if I said it's from one of the games you said you ARE familiar with. :)
Tawmis wrote:
Rath Darkblade wrote:Hmm... well, it's definitely not QfG, and I don't think it's an early SQ (though I've only played SQ1, 2 and 3 - but I'm sure the graphics improve after that). ;) I also don't think it's a PQ... so, hmm. Would this be a view from LSL2?
Well, how about this - it's actually one of the games, you don't think it's from. :)
(That's a much bigger clue than you realize...)
Tawmis wrote:
Rath Darkblade wrote:Hmmm... well, if this is SQ, it must be a view from either SQ2 (when Roger gets "flushed" down into the pool) or from SQ3, right at the end (when Roger lands his escape pod near Sierra HQ), since I don't remember anywhere else in the early SQ games that has that much greenery and light blue water. ;)

Am I close?
Hah. I didn't even need to highlight the spoiler space areas to say, you're incorrect. Look at what you said, when I said that's a bigger CLUE than you realize... ;)

See, I was trying to lead up to a police theme...
:lol:
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

All right then, it must be PQ. But which? The somewhat unrefined EGA graphics lead me to believe that this is from PQ1. Am I right? ;)
adeyke
Oldbie

Post by adeyke »

That screenshot is SCI, not AGI. AGI games like PQ1 have the double-wide pixels.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Hmm... I really don't know where this is from. I give up. :(

Return to “Community Games”