The D&D Corner (and other Pen & Paper - or virtual - RPGs!) <3

Just like the title says. Fun little forum related games and threads. Come in here and have some fun!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: The D&D Corner

Post by Tawmis »

Still playing catch up (have 3 more sessions after this batch to write up)...

Our heroes have defeated the Mini Boss "Doomsilk" - but almost at the cost of their lives - and as they tumble down a river, venturing further and further into the deep, dark lands... they find themselves on a new quest to help Darklings...

http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-not ... nturers-35

The adventure to help the Darklings continue, and for this game, first time using Roll20 - a virtual table top!

http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-not ... nturers-36
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Let's see. *cracks his Editing Knuckles of Doom-Doomity-Doom-Doom* :P Sorry, but I do work as an editor, y'know. ;)

1st Adventure.
1. Er, Who is Doomsilk again? :|

2. There's nothing particularly unpronounceable about the name Jur’nes’tunalisfar. Just take it in syllables: Jur-nes-tuna-lis-far. :) It would be more unpronounceable if it was something like Xqtsfgrhp. :P

3. Er, this ... "Plane of Air – to still an Air Elemental..." I think you mean "steal", not "still".

How would one steal Elementals? Aren't they beings of pure energy? If you touch a fire elemental, you'd get burned up. ;)

4. "In it’s attempt to hit Morsus again with it’s five attacks" ... no, no. You mean "its", not "it's". What's the difference?

"It's" is short for "it is". It's 12 o'clock = It is 12 o'clock.
"Its" is the possessive. The dog wagged its tail[/b] = The dog wagged the tail that belongs to it.

This distinction is small (and common) but important.

5. "Ragnaroc ... deliver a killing bow". I think you mean "blow", not "bow".

6. "...it releases it’s wire..." again, as in #4.
======================================
No errors in 2nd Adventure. (Yay!) ;) But I am confused. :( The ending of adventure #1 is in the Underdark, but adventure #2 starts in a forest somewhere? What's going on?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:02 am Let's see. *cracks his Editing Knuckles of Doom-Doomity-Doom-Doom* :P Sorry, but I do work as an editor, y'know. ;)
I typically go in and while doing notes - edit the audio files to take out the dead air, the ums and uhs, so it flows better - so I am going back and forth between notes and audio editing. So I am not the least bit surprise of typos.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:02 am 1. Er, Who is Doomsilk again? :|
Doomsilk was the "mini" boss (unintentionally so). He's the one who basically discovers, for the High Priestess, the process of creating Driders (half spider/half Drow) - and how to resurrect the dead goddess (Lolth).
It's all here:
http://tawmis.com/kneurth/campaign-refe ... es-and-npc

Goarus Doomsilk – Goarus Doomsilk is a vicious Drow alchemist who has little regard of any form of life – as understanding how magic works – and how beasts contain magical properties (such as the “shimmering” done by Displacer Beasts) will result in Goarus’ desire to dissect and understand how it works. He’s gone as far as to even dissect his own kind. He was the one who had Nor’Orn Greenskin, the goblin as a slave; and it’s from Goarus (at the hands of extensive verbal and physical abuse, including being subjected to various experiments) that Nor’Orn learned by sneakily watching Goarus and reading his notes and becoming just as good as Goarus (though Nor’Orn’s sanity did not remain intact – so his intelligence is often lost in the clouds of his insanity).
Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:02 am 3. Er, this ... "Plane of Air – to still an Air Elemental..." I think you mean "steal", not "still".
How would one steal Elementals? Aren't they beings of pure energy? If you touch a fire elemental, you'd get burned up. ;)
Quite right - should be steal. And as for Elementals - powerful wizards enslave elementals all the time.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:02 am No errors in 2nd Adventure. (Yay!) ;) But I am confused. :( The ending of adventure #1 is in the Underdark, but adventure #2 starts in a forest somewhere? What's going on?
The Underdark is full of (dark) forests and crazy things. Much of the Underdark is pretty much "Alice in Wonderland."
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:54 am Doomsilk was the "mini" boss (unintentionally so). He's the one who basically discovers, for the High Priestess, the process of creating Driders (half spider/half Drow) - and how to resurrect the dead goddess (Lolth).
It's all here:
http://tawmis.com/kneurth/campaign-refe ... es-and-npc
Ah, good ... but the page also says that Doomsilk is still alive (even though the party killed him). :shock: He wasn't resurrected, was he? ;)
Tawmis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:54 am
Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:02 am 3. Er, this ... "Plane of Air – to still an Air Elemental..." I think you mean "steal", not "still".
Quite right - should be steal. And as for Elementals - powerful wizards enslave elementals all the time.
They do? They must be very powerful. Elementals, as far as I understand them, would not put up with being enslaved for very long (especially if they are powerful themselves). Why would elementals put up with it?
Tawmis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:54 am The Underdark is full of (dark) forests and crazy things. Much of the Underdark is pretty much "Alice in Wonderland."
Ah, but who is the Mad Hatter in the Underdark? Who are the King and Queen of Hearts? Or the Cheshire Cat? :D
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:07 am Ah, but who is the Mad Hatter in the Underdark? Who are the King and Queen of Hearts? Or the Cheshire Cat? :D
If you ever play 5e D&D and play the Out of the Abyss campaign - it's even more like Alice in Wonderland - with mushrooms that make you shrink and grow and such; there's a guy with boots of speed you have to chase (the rabbit), etc.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Hmm. Is the Cheshire Cat a feline creature with a Ring of Invisibility? ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

The adventure to aid the Darklings against the Drow continues (still playing catch up with my notes, this game was actually back in Jan 2021).

http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-not ... nturers-37
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

So one of the games (first ones I was DMing for 5th Edition - current edition of D&D) - has been on hold since Covid became a thing.

Which is now just over a year - and so everyone's been texting, now that vaccines are being dished out to some people about playing again.

We'd tried doing D&D Digitally when Covid first happened - but it was clunky because you had to know commands for the bot to understand.

The Beyond20 extension for Chrome was a game changer.

And everyone's hype has me wanting to DM for them again until we can play in person (I already DM like three other games, but DMing keeps me sane)...

So I decided to make a silly video that I sent to them. :D

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

:lol: Love the enthusiastic squeak on your voice when you say "I'm so GREAT!" :D The whole introduction (listening to it) reminds me so much of Peter. :D

Now I wonder if the sword and shield are real. Are they? Does the shield have metal on the rim? Or a boss? Or a leather bag to keep the rain off your shield? ;)

Also, just wondering: is Kne'Urth pronounced "Knee Earth"? Does it mean we're kneeing the earth in the groin? :twisted: Does the earth even have a groin? :twisted:

(These are some of the thoughts that have kept me from going to business school!) :P
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:41 am :lol: Love the enthusiastic squeak on your voice when you say "I'm so GREAT!" :D The whole introduction (listening to it) reminds me so much of Peter. :D
Now I wonder if the sword and shield are real. Are they? Does the shield have metal on the rim? Or a boss? Or a leather bag to keep the rain off your shield? ;)
Also, just wondering: is Kne'Urth pronounced "Knee Earth"? Does it mean we're kneeing the earth in the groin? :twisted: Does the earth even have a groin? :twisted:
(These are some of the thoughts that have kept me from going to business school!) :P
Sword is real. Shield I made (so it's real wood). The arm straps are from a leather belt I had that had become worn. No boss or metal rim.

And it's pronounced "New Earth" :)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:51 am
Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:41 am Now I wonder if the sword and shield are real. Are they? Does the shield have metal on the rim? Or a boss? Or a leather bag to keep the rain off your shield? ;)

Also, just wondering: is Kne'Urth pronounced "Knee Earth"?
Sword is real. Shield I made (so it's real wood). The arm straps are from a leather belt I had that had become worn. No boss or metal rim.

And it's pronounced "New Earth" :)
Cool. :) Aw, too bad about the shield. Just think of how cool it would look if it had metal rim or a boss - then you could use the boss to imaginary-punch a D&D monster in the face! *KLONK* ;)

Of course I would never recommend to do that in real-life. Sigh. I've been playing a sword-and-shield warrior in Skyrim and Dragon Age for too long. :lol: They always do that. :P

Just wondering: did you forge the sword, also? How long would it take to forge a sword? *curious* I've seen some Youtube videos about forging, and I'm writing a story where a blacksmith does it. So I'd like to get (some of) the details right, to make it more authentic. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:11 pm Cool. :) Aw, too bad about the shield. Just think of how cool it would look if it had metal rim or a boss - then you could use the boss to imaginary-punch a D&D monster in the face! *KLONK* ;)
Of course I would never recommend to do that in real-life. Sigh. I've been playing a sword-and-shield warrior in Skyrim and Dragon Age for too long. :lol: They always do that. :P
Just wondering: did you forge the sword, also? How long would it take to forge a sword? *curious* I've seen some Youtube videos about forging, and I'm writing a story where a blacksmith does it. So I'd like to get (some of) the details right, to make it more authentic. :)
I have plans to put a boss on the shield.

My end goal - except for the symbol - is to make it look like this.
6906e9a794bae6f34aabc789b5ee5eb6.jpg
(Only the hottest woman ever)

The symbol on mine is the symbol of Odin; not just for Norse reference, but more so, Odin my dog.

Sword, I did not forge. I have about eight real swords, two or three are replicas of stuff (like Aragorn's sword from LOTR). I do not know the first thing about forging swords.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Who is the woman? *curious*

Yes, I thought it would be for Odin the dog. :)

Eight real swords? :shock: Do you need a special permit or license? Here in Australia, you need a special license to own swords.

As for forging swords -- that's OK. I don't know anything about forging either. :) All I know, I learned from watching blacksmiths on YouTube. :)

For instance, here's an 18-year-old machinist from Connecticut who makes a two-handed claymore:

Part 1: Making the blade

Part 2: Grinding, polishing, and tempering the blade to make it straight

Part 3: Making, cleaning and fitting the sword guard, hilt and pommel! And putting everything together! :-)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:02 am Who is the woman? *curious*
It's Lagertha, from the show "VIKINGS" (was on the History Channel, then went to Amazon).
I highly recommend it. Other than some parts later (season 3 and 4 have some slow parts) - the rest of the show is very amazing.
Easily probably my favorite "normal" (as in non HBO/Cinemax/etc) TV show.
Finally beat out "Hell on Wheels" which was my favorite (which was, also, ironically from the History Channel).
Rath Darkblade wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:02 am Eight real swords? :shock: Do you need a special permit or license? Here in Australia, you need a special license to own swords.
No license required, as long as I don't go around brandishing them in public like a mad man.

You might dig this show - weirdly, also from the History channel (see a theme here?) - called "Forged In Fire." - I've watched a few (used to come on either before or after VIKINGS).
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Sigh. I tried watching it, and History TV told me I wasn't allowed to watch it due to "geographic restrictions". *shrug*

Yes, I've seen the show "Vikings". I liked it very much, but I missed a few episodes, so when I tried to come back to it, I couldn't understand what was going on. New characters, new situations etc ... oh, well. :|

Return to “Community Games”