Introduce Yourself!

Notices and what's new on SHP and the forums
Sonny Bonds
Noob

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Post by Sonny Bonds »

:lol: Thank you everybody for your warm welcome! Grazie a tutti!
I'm really happy the forum is active! i didn't want to offend you :oops:

As a lot of other guys of my generation I grew up on Sierra and Lucas games. My favourite Sierra adventures are
POLICE QUEST 1&2
SPACE QUEST and LEISURE SUITE LARRY saga !

I really love text parser games (even freeware ) and...what else? it's great to be here!!

@Andrea Draco: Grazie per il benvenuto, è un sito meraviglioso, è bello sapere che ci sono ancora così tanti appassionati retrogamer e non!
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Well... sorry. My Italian, as I said, is quite elementary. ;) Apart from the words that everyone knows (pizza/pasta/etc.), I know the following scene from Gilbert & Sullivan's "The Gondoliers" (set in Venice) - although, if you watch that scene, warning: the singing isn't very good. :P

Apart from that, I know the Italian words that I need to know in order to read music (e.g. pianissimo, fortissimo, poco a poco, tutti, crescendo, diminuedo etc.), but for other things, I have to rely on online translators - which are obviously not very good! ;)

(But at least I was close - as in, I got most of the individual words right!) :)
UPtimist
Sierra Fan Wanna Be

Post by UPtimist »

Hi, my name is UP and I'm an alcoho- wait, that's not right. I mean, I'm a... Sierraholic? Well, maybe not quite, but there's nothing quite like a bit of Gabriel Knight on a late summer's day...

Anyway, some of you should know me at least vaguely, Andrea at least, and I was at the other GK forums as well (in fact, I've been an irregular at GK forums for a veeery long time, just veeeery irregular also :P). Mainly I'm at Adventure Gamers.

So, basically, I need my Gabriel Knight talk!

(Edit): Also, I did never crack the code in the registration form of "what genre is Sierra On-Line famous for?" (or however it's phrased) :D I tried everything I could think of. Just lucky it wasn't the only question (though came up very often, eventually I just had to retry until I got a different question).
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

Welcome to the boards! :) What other GK boards were you at?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

UPtimist wrote: (Edit): Also, I did never crack the code in the registration form of "what genre is Sierra On-Line famous for?" (or however it's phrased) :D I tried everything I could think of. Just lucky it wasn't the only question (though came up very often, eventually I just had to retry until I got a different question).
Welcome to the boards, but I think the answer is "Adventure."

Collector can verify if I am right or wrong.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Tawmis wrote:
UPtimist wrote: (Edit): Also, I did never crack the code in the registration form of "what genre is Sierra On-Line famous for?" (or however it's phrased) :D I tried everything I could think of. Just lucky it wasn't the only question (though came up very often, eventually I just had to retry until I got a different question).
Welcome to the boards, but I think the answer is "Adventure."

Collector can verify if I am right or wrong.
Of course that is the answer.

Welcome, UPtimist.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

UPtimist
Sierra Fan Wanna Be

Post by UPtimist »

Thanks for the welcomes :)

I'm pretty sure I tried that too, but maybe I wrote it wrong :P
Maiandra wrote:Welcome to the boards! :) What other GK boards were you at?
Thanks! Well, I was at the previous GK forum underneath the GK4ever campaign (and there I did actually post a bit), and before that I was (at least) way back in the day in what I believe were official Sierra GK forums, and I think I was also at least registered to something else in between. Never really posted much of anything (and I certainly didn't use this name back then), but I did read the boards more... But anyway, I did post a bit in the previous incarnation of GK forums.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Welcome UPtimist! It's nice to see you here! This is a truly great place, and not just for Sierra fans!
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Lounge Lizard
Sierra Enthusiast

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Hello, babay!
I am Lounge Lizard, who first register for the Larry Laffer.net forums, for has now come to the mothership of Sierra game forums after it mysteriously disappeared. Although I bear the name brand of sleazy reptile musicians, I'm too nice and self-aware to be an oblivious sleaze. My first Sierra game was Torin's Passage, and I steadily discovered most of the Sierra classics later on. Rediscovering the class 1980 computer parser interface adventures was an mind-bending thing to experience. The first Sierra games certainly pioneered the nonlinearity, high interactivity, and multiple approach aspect to PC and Apple gaming long before Deus Ex or other experimental games would come out decades later. I am primarily a fan of Lowe's erotic comedy games (or pseudo erotic as they are usually called, but the writing and animation are still erotic), but I am a also a fan of the King's Quests and Space Quests (though for awhile, I tended to thinking with a satirical mindset when I first played the King's Quests). I have yet to play the Police Quest or Quest for Glory games (geeze, for how many games did Sierra think they could get away with putting on games?), or Freddy Pharmacist, Laura Bow, and other low key Sierra adventures. I'll enjoy discussing any game with any retro-dude. That is all. Glad to be aboard!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Welcome to SHP!

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Lounge Lizard wrote:Hello, babay!
I am Lounge Lizard, who first register for the Larry Laffer.net forums
Welcome to the best Sierra forum ever! (Glad to see you make it over here from LarryLaffer.net!)
PvP
Noob

Post by PvP »

Hi, Peter here.. I grew up with our first computer 80286 on which i played many games.. The first sierra game i played was leisure suit larry 1 which probably teached me the english language as i can remember sitting behind the computer with my english language book. Then i was asking for more copies of other sierra games all around the place. I came upon the Space Quest series which made a huge impression on me. A little later Space Quest 6 was being released which i bought and still have :) Also played a lot of other sierra games afterwards...

I've always had somekind of collection drift, and always wanted to own some special things (however most of the games i own i probably should sell and keep the nice ones).
So since a year or so i've been looking more on what there is to get via ebay.com . I've bought: Space Quest 3 new condition with Unpunched Glasses.

Then i'd seen 2 roger wilco comic books.. but probably someone of the people on this forum overbid me in the absolute last second and i could not react quickly enough because i was at work in the car and only had my iphone for ebaying ;)

What i really wanted was a Space Quest 1 Black Box and in good shape. A few came along but always in damaged boxes.. and for lots of $$$
And now yesterday i FINALLY found a Space Quest 1 Black box new and sealed.... and on the same day roger wilco comic #1 the sarien adventure

For some reason this makes me stupidly happy :) so though i'd come and say hello!
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Welcome Peter!

We have plenty of SQ fans here and I'm sure they will perfectly understand your happiness! ;)
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Welcome to the forums! I would say probably after GK, SQ fans rank the most passionate here.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Welcome!

Return to “Announcements”