The D&D Corner (and other Pen & Paper - or virtual - RPGs!) <3

Just like the title says. Fun little forum related games and threads. Come in here and have some fun!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: The D&D Corner (and other Pen & Paper - or virtual - RPGs!) <3

Post by Tawmis »

Here's the (Work Game) session notes (I am catching up! Almost all caught up!) from October 26 - where the party finally fights the Sand Giants!
http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-not ... nturers-53
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Off Week Game Session Notes - The Hollowing (AKA "The One That Has A Lot Of Dirty References Unintentionally")
The Hollowing Session Notes are now done!
http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-not ... -wizard-12
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Here's the session notes from **The Hollowing** event for the monthly game I run ("The Ben Group")! (Almost caught up doing all the notes for all my games!)
http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-not ... scovery-14
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Off Week Game - Session 13. Lots of story / plot development in this session.
http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-not ... -wizard-13
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Ack, they are too many! :shock: Help me, Obi-wan! ;)

Let's see ...

The Sand Elemental Business.
- That doesn't look like any camel I've ever seen (and I've seen a few). ;)
- A Sphinx, eh? I don't want to look like I've got a big ego or anything, but I've been working on a Sphinx story as well (for the past year or so), and asked you a few questions about them. Coincidence? :) Just wondering!
- Oh, dear. If the party goes to the pyramid, will there be traps and guardians and such? I hope not. ;) The ancient Egyptian mythos clearly teaches that once a person dies, whether he is a pharaoh or a peasant, he does NOT come back for revenge. (The whole "Tut-ankh-amun's revenge" thing is, frankly, a bunch of phooey). :P OTOH, there are (and definitely can be) such things as deadly diseases, unmaintained floors to collapse underfoot, snakes or scorpions that have crept in, etc.
- Um, a little correction (sorry): you've confused "reigns" with "reins" (e.g. "Buppido reigns them in", "the reigns of the horses"). Buppido is not a king. :)
- "Done fires" - I think you mean Don.
- What the heck is a Sand Shark? *shrug* Is that a reference to Bill Murray? Land Shark? :lol:
- "Shark Sharks" - I think you mean Sand Sharks. :)
- "...they can replenish their water supply from somewhere in the cat..." The cat??! :shock: Um, do you mean "cave" or something? I'm confused.

Off Week Game.
- Baldur asks "...what could possibly go wrong?" That had better be a rhetorical question. ;) Climb and get attacked by stinging insects, or swim and get attacked by piranhas? (Or whatever?) :twisted:
- "Let me toss you to the shore.” As Oghren would say: Hey! :x No dwarf halfling tossing! ;)
- Yay, the party levels up! :D Boo sucks to you, Fey Hunter! :P
- A Deep Dragon?! Uh-oh. :shock: Aren't they much stronger and more dangerous than normal dragons? IIRC, they can breathe acid and daze/dominate (depending on their size), but they are vulnerable to direct sunlight. Huzzah! Rip off the curtains and let in the sun! :D Bang - no more deep dragon! :P OK, it won't be that easy, but... ;)
- The Draconians found Baldur! Uh oh. ;) To be continued?! Cue the "Big NO" ;)

Thanks, Tawm! :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:56 pm Ack, they are too many! :shock: Help me, Obi-wan! ;)
I'd gotten WAY behind in my notes - so I've been trying to power through them and catch up so going into the new year, ideally, I do them the same week as the game.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:56 pm The Sand Elemental Business.
- That doesn't look like any camel I've ever seen (and I've seen a few). ;)
Fantasy world, slightly different looking animals. Over all, still camel-ish. :)
Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:56 pm - A Sphinx, eh? I don't want to look like I've got a big ego or anything, but I've been working on a Sphinx story as well (for the past year or so), and asked you a few questions about them. Coincidence? :) Just wondering!
There is definite plans for the party to eventually encounter a Sphinix.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:56 pm - Oh, dear. If the party goes to the pyramid, will there be traps and guardians and such? I hope not. ;) The ancient Egyptian mythos clearly teaches that once a person dies, whether he is a pharaoh or a peasant, he does NOT come back for revenge. (The whole "Tut-ankh-amun's revenge" thing is, frankly, a bunch of phooey). :P OTOH, there are (and definitely can be) such things as deadly diseases, unmaintained floors to collapse underfoot, snakes or scorpions that have crept in, etc.
The pyramid is foreshadowing; the sphere they need to find is in one of them; and they will hire an NPC as a guide - who in truth, is going to end up being a player character - when one of the characters has a planned death that I am going to make happen - and he will resume control of the NPC as a character. This has been planned since they found a parchment of soul swapping back with the Drow.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:56 pm - Um, a little correction (sorry): you've confused "reigns" with "reins" (e.g. "Buppido reigns them in", "the reigns of the horses"). Buppido is not a king. :)
- "Done fires" - I think you mean Don.
- What the heck is a Sand Shark? *shrug* Is that a reference to Bill Murray? Land Shark? :lol:
- "Shark Sharks" - I think you mean Sand Sharks. :)
- "...they can replenish their water supply from somewhere in the cat..." The cat??! :shock: Um, do you mean "cave" or something? I'm confused.
Thanks! Will go make those edits.
Also if you ask Buppido - he will tell you he is king. (That's his character flaw, no kidding - he thinks he's on an important mission for his god to fix the broken star - and everyone he encounters are minions that his god has placed in his path to help him achieve his goal).
As for Sand Sharks, they're real. I mean, not ones that swim in sand. But a sand shark is a real name of a shark. ;)
But in my game, I yanked the idea from Star Frontiers, an old SciFi RPG made by TSR (same folks who made D&D back in the day) called Sand Sharks.
I just made them into a D&D thing and made them very lethal.
So far, the most memorable thing the party agrees, from this leg of the adventure so far.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:56 pm Off Week Game.
- A Deep Dragon?! Uh-oh. :shock: Aren't they much stronger and more dangerous than normal dragons? IIRC, they can breathe acid and daze/dominate (depending on their size), but they are vulnerable to direct sunlight. Huzzah! Rip off the curtains and let in the sun! :D Bang - no more deep dragon! :P OK, it won't be that easy, but... ;)
- The Draconians found Baldur! Uh oh. ;) To be continued?! Cue the "Big NO" ;)
Deep Dragons are indeed very, very bad news.
And it was such a fun spot to stop - with Aros failing his stealth check - while Baldur was impersonating the wizard.
Not sure if you caught the King's Quest reference?
The party knows the evil Wizard as "Mordak" which is a reference to Mordack, the evil Wizard from King's Quest.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

This is from 2 weeks ago - the Work Game.
Originally the "Fallen Angel" story was for what I called the Anita Group.
But that game went on hold when Covid hit, because it was all in person.
And no one wanted to try digitally, sadly. They all still want to do in person now that things have calmed down and everyone's got their shots.
But there's things going on with Amiee's health that prevent me from easily leaving her without someone caring for her while I am DMing in person.
So I shifted that story over to the work game.

http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-not ... nturers-54
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

:( Sorry to hear about Amiee's health, Tawm. I hope she recovers soon! *crosses fingers for Amiee and Tawm*

Some general comments here.

- "Aros closes his eyes and communicates to Ms. Claws"...

Who is Aros? Who is Ms. Claws? I don't think I've come across them before. Is Ms. Claws Santa's daughter, or something? ;) I think we've seen a Santa-equivalent.

- Minor correction: "...he [the last gnoll] turns and fights the party rather than be tore apart by sand sharks..."

You mean "torn apart". :)

- "...when Buppido looks at the people, he sees what looks to be black tadpoles swimming inside of them..."

That sounds like illithids/mind flayers creating more illithids. (Yuck). Is it?

- Sheesh. That old man is very talkative for someone who's dying. ;)

Thanks for the notes! :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:09 pm :( Sorry to hear about Amiee's health, Tawm. I hope she recovers soon! *crosses fingers for Amiee and Tawm*
Some general comments here.
- "Aros closes his eyes and communicates to Ms. Claws"...
Who is Aros? Who is Ms. Claws? I don't think I've come across them before. Is Ms. Claws Santa's daughter, or something? ;) I think we've seen a Santa-equivalent.
Good catch - Mike (who plays Aros in the Off Week Game, plays Adrian in the normal Work Game).
So that should be Adrian closes his eyes.
Ms. Claws is his raptor steed (Paladin ability) which allows him limited communication.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:09 pm - Minor correction: "...he [the last gnoll] turns and fights the party rather than be tore apart by sand sharks..."
You mean "torn apart". :)
Oh, correct!
Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:09 pm - "...when Buppido looks at the people, he sees what looks to be black tadpoles swimming inside of them..."
That sounds like illithids/mind flayers creating more illithids. (Yuck). Is it?
- Sheesh. That old man is very talkative for someone who's dying. ;)
Thanks for the notes! :)
Not tadpoles; I just liked the idea of the disease, being visible due to Detect Magic, and thought tadpoles seems pretty gross to be swimming around the body.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:09 pm - Sheesh. That old man is very talkative for someone who's dying. ;)
I had a lot of fun talking as the old man. This is me, as the old man, no effect. Just me changing my voice, trying to sound old and sickly.
Attachments
the_old_man.mp3
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 109 times
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Monthly Game (now officially caught up with that game's notes) - the party takes a lot of hits. A lot. Blood. Everywhere.
http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-not ... scovery-15

Included some of the fun audio takes too. :)
Attachments
Bonus_Action.mp3
(274.69 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Critical_Fail_Do_Not_Punch_Me.mp3
(291.43 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Fisting.mp3
(177.55 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Maybe_It_Needs_More_Blood.mp3
(130.61 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Pull_Me_Up.mp3
(71.84 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Sindri_Fire.mp3
(623.26 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Tired_Of_Being_Tired.mp3
(173.06 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

All caught up!

This is just last week's Work Game!
http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-not ... nturers-55
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Here's some inspiration, since there are dragons in your sessions! :)

Be nice to dragons ...

... because being nasty often offends ;)

Enjoy! :D
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:29 pm Here's some inspiration, since there are dragons in your sessions! :)
Be nice to dragons ...
Pretty much the idea - without the crying dragon - of what I did with Episode 21/22 of Neverending Nights.
Our dynamic hero kicks down the door - ready to slay the dragon.
Only to discover there's such a thing as GOOD dragons?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Notes from yesterday's Off Week Game (look at me, doing these in a timely manner!)
In this week's "Off Week" game - the party is headed for the evil wizard's tower to destroy the "Cauldron of Shadows" which is being used to do horrible things to dragon eggs...
http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-not ... -wizard-14

Return to “Community Games”