New Acquisitions Thread (image heavy)

Where to Find Sierra classic games. Please note: Most of the Sierra games have areas on the forum designated for them! If you have an issue with one of the Sierra games, please post them in the correct forum!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: New Acquisitions Thread (image heavy)

Post by Collector »

I have them all, now. The only thing I am missing KQ wise is all of the different colors of the KQ6 floppy version and the 2nd release of the 1st collection. I have the very first release of KQ1 (the original plastic case) published by IBM, both the gray or silver and the gold boxes of 1-3. Both the SCI and AGI versions of KQ4, 1st and 2nd releases of KQ5, 3 different colors of KQ6 floppy release and the MPC CD-ROM version. The original box for KQ7 and Version 2. I have all three collections. I am not sure that there is much reason to get all the different colors of KQ6. perhaps there my be some justification for the 2nd release of the 1st collection, as the KQ7 demo may be an interactive version.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

cpages2
Sierra Obsessed

Post by cpages2 »

Been on the hunt for foreign copies of Sierra games and landed this gem. German/French Space Quest V

- Mike
Love Vintage Games??? Check out our site for news and "unboxing" videos of the classics:
www.YouCantBeSRSLY.com
Daventry
Sierra Fan

Post by Daventry »

Collector wrote:I have them all, now. The only thing I am missing KQ wise is all of the different colors of the KQ6 floppy version and the 2nd release of the 1st collection. I have the very first release of KQ1 (the original plastic case) published by IBM, both the gray or silver and the gold boxes of 1-3. Both the SCI and AGI versions of KQ4, 1st and 2nd releases of KQ5, 3 different colors of KQ6 floppy release and the MPC CD-ROM version. The original box for KQ7 and Version 2. I have all three collections. I am not sure that there is much reason to get all the different colors of KQ6. perhaps there my be some justification for the 2nd release of the 1st collection, as the KQ7 demo may be an interactive version.
I think I've mentioned this elsewhere, but just wanted to say the second release of the first KQ Collection is vastly inferior to the original, as there is no real manual included.

I read that the KQ7 demo is interactive (Chapter 1?) on Sierra Planet, but I'm not sure. The two CDs looked identical though (I recently bought the game but sent it back without checking out the discs)...
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

A couple of new ones:

And

Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

Ah, the Roberta Williams Anthology. Though the same content as the 1997 KQ Collection (aside from the additional Phantasmagoria Chapter 1) it is much harder to get. Nice one.
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Rudy wrote:same content as the 1997 KQ Collection
Close, but the RWA has the first two Mixed-up Mother Gooses and the KQ Collection Series has Mixed-up Mother Goose Deluxe. Now the only KQ that I am missing is the 2nd release of the first collection and about four different colors of the floppy release of KQ6.

Hedegaard
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Hedegaard »

I got this one today at the 2nd hand junk rubbish shop.

Its still shrink wrapped & never been used. Just a few marks on the corners, but the plastic is completely intact (even on corners).
Therefore I don't know the contents, but obviously presume its all still inside. Even has the price on it from the original shop - not the 2nd hand junk shop price sticker.
It looks to be a UK version, because it has "www.sierra-online.co.uk" on the front.

I don't have any interest in this sh*t, so its free for anyone that may be interested.
Yes, I bought it because its "Sierra" and thought someone from here would like to have it?

Just please pay for the postage. I'm from Denmark, but depending on where you're at (I imagine USA is where most forumers are from) postage shouldn't be too pricey.
Anyway, its free for anyone that wants this totally useless piece of crap and my wife already wants me to get rid of it, like live cockroaches are crawling out of it or something.....

So please someone get it before I get violent, use real swear words and shake it so that the contents get crushed because of the amount of G-forces I induce upon it :twisted:

Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

Yes, it's the UK release (US release has a green front cover and "M" ESRB rating). Nice RPG, not sure why you wouldn't try it out. I already have it, so...
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
Moon Dragon
Sierra Veteran

Post by Moon Dragon »

If there's noone here who really wants it, I'll take it. I live in DK too, so postage shouldn't be too much :-).
Hedegaard
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Hedegaard »

Moon Dragon from DK?????
Thats about as rare as finding Sierra titles at normal shops ;)

Sure, you can have it, please send me a pm for details.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Awesome gesture!
cpages2
Sierra Obsessed

Post by cpages2 »

Hey guys!!! Been a while since I have been on here (thank you Tawmis!)

I just recently moved so I have had sometime to organize the collection and get them on shelves. I still have a lot of stuff packed up, in drawers and filled in a closet but here is a pic.

Here it is alphabetized

- Mike
Love Vintage Games??? Check out our site for news and "unboxing" videos of the classics:
www.YouCantBeSRSLY.com
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Freaking insane collection. I know I asked before, but I noticed multiple copies of some games? (I know some had different covers and such, so I can see getting those - like KQ and SQ, for example - but I noticed, for example 2 PQ3 games?)
cpages2
Sierra Obsessed

Post by cpages2 »

I am a hoarder when it comes to vintage games. lol

I like to preserve a lot of the titles, especially my favorite sierra stuff. When I see a classic for sale, I usually think "well if I dont buy it, someone else might and they wont take care of it like I will".

I recently sold some of the items in order to clear up some room. I had 10 copies of PQ2 for example.

- Mike
www.YouCantBeSRSLY.com
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

cpages2 wrote:I am a hoarder when it comes to vintage games. lol
Fair enough! At least what you horde is awesome! :lol:
cpages2 wrote: I recently sold some of the items in order to clear up some room. I had 10 copies of PQ2 for example.
- Mike
10?!? Wow... LOL

Return to “This Old Game”