New Acquisitions Thread (image heavy)

Where to Find Sierra classic games. Please note: Most of the Sierra games have areas on the forum designated for them! If you have an issue with one of the Sierra games, please post them in the correct forum!
Moon Dragon
Sierra Veteran

Re: New Acquisitions Thread (image heavy)

Post by Moon Dragon »

I feel more and more de-nerdyfied when I see such great collections that far surpasses my own :shock: .
cpages2
Sierra Obsessed

Post by cpages2 »

Moon Dragon wrote:I feel more and more de-nerdyfied when I see such great collections that far surpasses my own :shock: .

What is in your collection?
Love Vintage Games??? Check out our site for news and "unboxing" videos of the classics:
www.YouCantBeSRSLY.com
Moon Dragon
Sierra Veteran

Post by Moon Dragon »

cpages2 wrote:
Moon Dragon wrote:I feel more and more de-nerdyfied when I see such great collections that far surpasses my own :shock: .

What is in your collection?
on the top of my head I can remember: The GK collection with the book aswell as GK 1 and 2, GK 3, a LSL collection (Bought it second hand in a shop, but when it arrived it was unopened :shock: ), spacequest collection, KQ kollection(The blue box with 1-6), KQ 7, KQ:MOE, PQ 1, PQ collection, Lighthouse, Rama, Lords of the Realm 2, The Last Dynasty, Torin's passage, Phantasmagoria 1 (only jewel case, unfortunately), PH 2, Woodruf, Lost in Time collection and I think Gobliins collection (No box, but they where in a paper case thing reminiscent of the plastic covers of mordern games)...

That's what I can remember on the top of my head. It may not be as big as some people's, but it's too large for me to remember by heart :P . I'm not home, so i can't take any new pictures, but I have some old ones online.

You can't see that many Sierra titles, but they are there somewhere. I think my sierra games are about half of my complete games collection if we only look at the games that came in a box.

Again, you can't see the sierra titles, but that's because this is where i keep the not so pretty boxes.

EDIT: atm I'm at a very low connection, so i don't know whether the pictures aren't shown for just me or for others aswell. In case they aren't here's the links:

Picture 1
Picture 2
beigemore
Sierra Enthusiast

Post by beigemore »

Hello there. First post here. I just happened to stumble across these forums while looking for info on the Space Quest comic books. I've had #2 and #3 for years (found them in a comic book store in the 90's) and I was trying to find out what their value may be. I used to have a website with lots of Rolan MT-32 mp3's for download, but I kind of ran out of web space for it. Anyhow, here's a few pictures of my PC game collection. I've enjoyed seeing everyone's collection. I really need to get a dedicated shelf for this stuff sometime. I used to have a LOT more old PC games, but I stupidly gave a bunch of way trying to make room -- thinks like Daggerfall, Mortal Kombat 3, Stunts, Jill of the Jungle, etc. :(

...and, since this is a new acquisitions thread, here's something I recently got within the past week. I traded someone a Sega 32x game for it. What do you think?

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Nice collection and nice first post! :) Welcome to the forums!
audiodane
A Member Of Cap'n Tawmis' Scurvy Crew

Post by audiodane »

haha, I think my first post was questioning Collector on some of his installer option choices... hahah.. what a great way to make a first impression. I like your approach much better! :)

welcome!

..dane
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

audiodane wrote:haha, I think my first post was questioning Collector on some of his installer option choices...
But that is in large part what theses forums are about. That and to keep something of the old Sierra community alive.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

audiodane
A Member Of Cap'n Tawmis' Scurvy Crew

Post by audiodane »

:) glad you're not the easily-offended type. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

audiodane wrote::) glad you're not the easily-offended type. :)
He has ME on the forum. Clearly he's not easily offended. :lol:
cpages2
Sierra Obsessed

Post by cpages2 »

nice collection!!!

very jealous for your large box half-life and Maniac Mansion (also LOL @ the LSL5 flyer in it)
Love Vintage Games??? Check out our site for news and "unboxing" videos of the classics:
www.YouCantBeSRSLY.com
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Just acquired Shivers and Return to Krondor today. Jewel cases.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Shivers is one of the few remaining SCI games that I am waiting for ScummVM to support as it is a Win only 16-bit game. There is the Squirt the Cat installer for Shivers 2.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

cpages2
Sierra Obsessed

Post by cpages2 »

Went on the fleamarket hunt today and came home with these 4 gems for $5.00

Sierra - Civil War (Sealed)
Blizzard - Diablo
Activision - SPYCRAFT (Sealed)
Interplay - Soulbringer (Sealed)

Really happy about Spycraft, been looking for that now for a while, to find it sealed and for 1$ was the best.

- Mike

P.S. If anyone is interested I have listed some of my surplus items from my collection on ebay. Here is a link to one item, just click see other items to see everything

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT
www.YouCantBeSRSLY.com
Hedegaard
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Hedegaard »

Nice!

Wanna trade your Police Quest games for my 3x Sierra things (see post above yours) ?
I'll organize the shipping both sides, so you don't even have to worry about that?
beigemore
Sierra Enthusiast

Post by beigemore »

I've got a couple more coming in the mail that I'm really excited about, but these are what came in today. I already had a complete Dark Forces, minus the game, so I picked up a nice disc/case only copy and now it's back to being fully complete. Rayman is the same situation, but the disc I got in the mail is in pretty poor condition, so I'll still be looking to replace that in the future. Unreal Gold is brand new, but the front is severely sunfaded, and then I got a copy of Unreal Anthology, but it's a French box. I guess that's what I get for relying on "stock" photos for items. I usually don't purchase them if they only use stock photos, but they were described as "new" so I had to assume. Sim City 2000 Special Edition is brand new and even still in the shrink wrap. There's a very slight amount of warping on one side, but it's hard to see just from looking at it. Can't wait to show you guys the other items on the way -- I just hope they don't get crushed during transit.

Return to “This Old Game”