The D&D Corner (and other Pen & Paper - or virtual - RPGs!) <3

Just like the title says. Fun little forum related games and threads. Come in here and have some fun!
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Re: The D&D Corner (and other Pen & Paper - or virtual - RPGs!) <3

Post by notbobsmith »

Tawmis wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:03 pm Always enjoy digging these up...
Ah, the Satanic Panic of the '80s. I guess even Canada wasn't immune. I recognize the anchor as Keith Morrison who does those murder mystery stories on Dateline NBC.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:04 am
Tawmis wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:03 pm Always enjoy digging these up...
Ah, the Satanic Panic of the '80s. I guess even Canada wasn't immune. I recognize the anchor as Keith Morrison who does those murder mystery stories on Dateline NBC.
It was interesting because back then there was M.A.D.D. (Mothers Against Drunk Driving)... and then, apparently... B.A.D.D. (Bothered About Dungeons and Dragons)... one of those two, I can take more serious than the other...
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

What if they switched, and became M.A.D.D. (Mothers Against Dungeons and Dragons) and B.A.D.D. (Bothered About Drunk Driving)?

Or they could become a conglomerate. B.M.A.D.D.D.D. (Bothered Mothers Against Drunk Dragons Driving in Dungeons).

Or, if I were to take a more cynical view, there could be a splinter group: M.A.G.G.M.A.P (Mothers Against Gary Gygax Making A Profit. :roll: It's pronounced "magma pee", which might happen if they eat very spicy food).

(Yes, I am having a hard time taking these seriously. What gave it away?) ;)
===============================
And to change the subject slightly, yesterday's OOTS is made of all kinds of win. I particularly like the final panel. :D
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:14 am And to change the subject slightly, yesterday's OOTS is made of all kinds of win. I particularly like the final panel. :D
I am way behind on OOTS! I do need to make the time to catch up on that again.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

How far back are you? *curious* I check in weekly - the artist usually has a new OOTS strip on Tuesday/Wednesday. :)

This little comic strip (from "Ozy and Millie") is fun too. They are in the Smithsonian, and Ozy examines the "draft" copy of the Declaration of Independence. Millie remarks: "I didn't know Jefferson used the expression 'fo' shizzle'." :lol:

And that gave me a random D&D idea. "Fo' shizzle, my nizzle" (meaning "For sure, my brother") was popularized as a catchphrase of the rapper Snoop Dogg, and is meant as a playful way to express affirmation.

So, to tie it back to D&D ...

1. Pick a canine or dog (i.e. "dogg") monster from the Monster Manual. Obviously, dog-headed is fine.
2. Make him spy (i.e. "snoop") on the PCs.
3. When they catch him, give him the "Fo' shizzle" catchphrase. ;)

All right, that's very silly (and needs more work, sure) ... but I'll bet your party won't expect it, and will have fun trying to figure out who you're referring to. :D

I was a bit worried that someone could misinterpret this as racist and take offence, but it's only a reference to Mr. Dogg's name and catchphrase. *shrug* Surely that's not racist? I don't think so, but I don't know - some people seem to read "racism" into almost anything. *shrug*
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Today is a work holiday (Mental health kind of day they do every 3 months)... So I thought I'd do a few more of these...

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Recorded: May 5, 2020.
This is where it all begins - the idea of recording the sessions. We'd been playing in person the entire time - then COVID-19 came, we were forced to bunker down, work from home... and as such, had to improvise in order to keep playing our D&D game. We all wanted to keep playing because it was a break away from reality. So using Discord for our means to chat, and discovering the Avare bot (we weren't aware of Beyond20 yet - however, Beyond20 released, exactly one year before on May 5, 2019! Odd coincidence). Avare was great because it allowed us to play, but remembering the commands and typing them in, was slowing down the game. But we were thankful none the less!

"The Adventurers" game was a game that started with my co-workers. None of them had ever played D&D (but were all familiar with things like World of Warcraft). There were two people who were not co-workers of mine - the person who played Morsus. He'd been a friend of the person who played Apostrophe and had played 5e before (both as a player and a DM) and Rex Jams, who was a friend of the player who controlled Dick - however, like my co-workers, he'd never played D&D.

Return to “Community Games”