Favorite Quest for Glory game and why?

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Favorite Quest for Glory game and why?

Post by Tawmis »

All right - let's get this section of the forum rolling by discussing your favorite QFG game - and why it's your favorite. After we get a reply or two in here I will give my answer (because I know you're sitting on the edge of the chair wanting to know, right?)
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Re: Favorite Quest for Glory game and why?

Post by AndreaDraco »

As I already told Collector elsewhere, I might have said Quest for Glory 4 if it wasn't for the huge amount of bugs and glitches. So, I guess I'll stick with Quest for Glory 2, partly because I loved the Arabian setting and partly because I love Kattas ;)

Beside the bugs, anyway, I have to admit that Shadow of Darkness has a way better story and characters, not to mention the grim atmosphere which I'm absolutely fond of!

I have yet to play Dragon Fire, but I hope that it will be a great conclusion to a great series*

*And think that, until this summer, I haven't ever played the games. Dork that I was :D
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Funny, before the forum melt down I had said the same. I loved QFG4 but the bugs drove me insane - making QFG1 my favorite. What I disliked about QFGII was the desert - I kept getting lost. And in QFGIII - I disliked the sort of side scrolling fight thing. QFG1 was definitely a favorite - difficult to get lost - everything was very fun and light hearted - combat was easy to control (but the fights weren't always easy).
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

QfG4. Great feel, good graphics, compelling story, perfect balance of adventure and RPG. with a soundtrack forever burned into my minds ear. Besides, you can't beat the voice of John Rhys-Davies for narrator.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Collector wrote:[...]a soundtrack forever burned into my minds ear.
True. Wonderful score.
Collector wrote:Besides, you can't beat the voice of John Rhys-Davies for narrator.
Again, true. Rhys-Davies did a superb work, top-notch.
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

QfGIV
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

JasefWisener wrote:QfGIV
Go on and explain why.

(I promise we won't crash the forum this time - I got the #2 spot. I back the forum up every three - hold on - there! - seconds!)

:lol:
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

I'd go with QFG4 as well. Mixing action-adventure with gothic horror was an interesting turn for the series, and I love how well they developed the game's haunting atmosphere without losing the sense of humor.
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

Tawmis wrote:
JasefWisener wrote:QfGIV
Go on and explain why.

(I promise we won't crash the forum this time - I got the #2 spot. I back the forum up every three - hold on - there! - seconds!)

:lol:
:D

Really it's because there's (almost) nothing about IV that I don't completely love. Story. Setting. Music. Characters. Mystery/Intrigue. Simple style. They all blend together into something amazing. Sure, nowadays there's a crapton of glitches, but almost all can be fixed with a couple of downloads.

Plus, IV was the first QfG game I owned and completed, and no other one in the series lived up to it in my opinion.
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

JasefWisener wrote:They all blend together into something amazing. Sure, nowadays there's a crapton of glitches, but almost all can be fixed with a couple of downloads.
When I first played it, this summer, I remember annoying Collector almost every day, at the Adventure Gamers forum, 'cause I've found yet another bug that the patch didn't resolve. Near the end, I was so mad at the game that I nearly removed it from my HD, and that's a shame 'cause it has everything, and it could have been, at least for me, the highest top of the series!
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

AndreaDraco83 wrote:that's a shame 'cause it has everything, and it could have been, at least for me, the highest top of the series!
See, to me, Shadows of Darkness is just....everything that I could want in a QfG game. I think that's why I'm so wary about getting/playing QfGV. I know it won't be what I want from a sequel to IV.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

I understand your point and I totally agree, but the bugs were way too redundant to let me really enjoy the game, even after all these years!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

I agree about the bugs in QFGIV... they were very bothersome. But I did manage to get through it. I can't remember the ending for QFGV - so I am not entirely sure I ever finished it.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Andrea, I forget. Did you have the floppy or CD version of the game?
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Collector wrote:Andrea, I forget. Did you have the floppy or CD version of the game?
I have the Quest for Glory anthology

Return to “The Quest for Glory Series”