Did Roger tell the two guys?

In Space No One Can Hear You Clean, er, Scream. But if you post in this forum about Space Quest - someone's sure to hear you. I think. Try it, anyway!
SierraDude81
Sierra Lover

Did Roger tell the two guys?

Post by SierraDude81 »

After they successfully escape the dreaded pirates of pestulon, do you think Roger and the two guys ever discuss Roger's past adventures up to that point?

I personally think they did, or how else would the games exist for us to play?

I remember reading the companion years ago, which claimed that Roger never told the two guys about his past, but through a paradox they somehow learn of his adventures, or something along those lines.

I remember not caring for that interpretation at the time, as I always thought they'd want to know more about their mysterious space ranger rescuer, and his stories would inspire them to create the Space Quest games when they get hired at Sierra
The Procestuousity begins here!
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Re: Did Roger tell the two guys?

Post by AndreaDraco »

I always thought that too. Granted, it's a a bit difficult to explain how the following chapter came to be, but I'm pretty sure that the first three installment come from the tales Roger told the Two Guys while voyaging in space...
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Re: Did Roger tell the two guys?

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I like to think the Two Guys met Roger for the first time at that point in SQ3 and made up his history in SQ1 and SQ2 how they thought best to explain the role in SQ3 that we know and play today. Maybe the real history of Roger Wilco prior to meeting the Two Guys is a mystery...
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001

Return to “The Space Quest Series”