Lost in Time: Subtitles for English (US) version of the game

Feeling lost? Running out of time? This would be the forum to post about the game LOST IN TIME!
marlene55m
Sierra Fan Wanna Be

Lost in Time: Subtitles for English (US) version of the game

Post by marlene55m »

Is there any way to get subtitles for the 3rd person dialogs in the US version of the game? I've tried a lot of stuff, even read somewhere that this is not possible but saw a YouTube video which has them....

Any idea, anyone? I am planning a Let's Play of the game, and subtitles would be helpful.

Thanks!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: Lost in Time: Subtitles for English (US) version of the

Post by Collector »

I quickly tried to get subtitles with ScummVM, but didn't get anywhere. I seem to remember them with the DOS version, but the game has been problematic in DOSBox in the past. It has been a few versions since I last tried, so it might work OK, now. If I get a chance, I'll see what I can find.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

marlene55m
Sierra Fan Wanna Be

Post by marlene55m »

Thanks for replying. Yeah, that's what I tried, too. You get all kinds of subtitles, including Chinese as I remember, but not the English ones. Doesn't matter. I turned the sound up for the dialog parts and play the game without subtitles :-)
Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

I'll check it out too. I seem to recall having the option for subtitles under DOSBox when I recorded the S.O. release.
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
marlene55m
Sierra Fan Wanna Be

Post by marlene55m »

Hi Rudy,

I remember that, too. But to LP Lost In Time in DOSBox is a pain in the neck, to express it politely. I play it in ScummVM flawlessly and got through with no crashes.

I also checked your playthrough on YouTube :-) - there are no subtitles in the dialogs...

Return to “Lost in Time”