Cyberstorm on Windows 7

Before there was Pacific Rim, there was Metaltech! Enter the Earthseige! Enter the Battledome! Enter this section of the forum for any comments, questions or problems with any of the Metaltech games!
Akira
Sierra Enthusiast

Cyberstorm on Windows 7

Post by Akira »

I just got Cyberstorm today and though I can just get the game to run, it doesn't allow me to save or anything like that. I was wondering if there was a fix to this, or if an installer can be made for this classic game.
Resident Mecha Fan of the Forum, especially when it comes to Earthsiege.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Cyberstorm on Windows 7

Post by Tawmis »

Collector will probably have the real answer - but since it's Windows 7 - does the game install in the PROGRAM FILES folder (or PROGRAM FOLDERS (x86)) folder? If so, you may wish to reinstall into a C:\SIERRA type folder - and see if that resolves the issue. I knows Windows 7 (depending on how it's configured) will lock down the Program Folders and Windows directories. As I said, something to try until Collector comes here and gives you a real answer. :)
Akira
Sierra Enthusiast

Post by Akira »

It didn't install to the programs or programs x86 folders of my computer. But its not in my C:\Sierra folder either, I'll try installing it to the C:\Sierra directory
Akira
Sierra Enthusiast

Post by Akira »

I apologize for the double post, can't figure out how to edit my previous post, but I can't even get the game to install on my computer anymore. Its Windows 7, 32-bit.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

I took a quick look, but it will be more involved than I have time for now. It looks like it is a DirectX version conflict problem. Also, the installer is a 16-bit installer that will not run on 64-bit Windows. I do not have Win7 x86, so I can't say if there are additional installer issues.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

juanitogan
Noob

Post by juanitogan »

Akira,

I have good news. I have completed a patch for CyberStorm that should fix all the issues. Please take it for a spin and let me know if it works for you.

My landing page for these fixes is here:

https://namethattech.wordpress.com/2016 ... ter-games/

That will take you to the wiki where you will find the patch and other instructions.
Matt

Return to “METALTECH Series”