Hero-U

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: Hero-U

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Well, I'd grab the game if I didn't already have it... ;)

How can I join in the fun of the live-stream broadcast? Or is it only to watch, not to participate in? :?

Also, it says "Oct. 31 from 1 pm PDT until probably 1 am on Nov. 1". For anyone who's not sure how that works with your local time, I just googled something that might help: World Time Buddy. ;) You plug in the timezones you want to convert from and to, and it tells you what the time will be. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:36 pm How can I join in the fun of the live-stream broadcast? Or is it only to watch, not to participate in? :?
Go to their Youtube channel - you can even set a reminder.
11111.png
But the video (above the SET REMINDER) will be LIVE when it's actually happening. And you click it and watch it as if it were a normal video. :)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Ah! :) I watched the video for about an hour, but midnight for Lori and Corey is about 1:30pm for me (and it's now past 2pm). So I went and made myself some lunch. ;)

'Tis a shame I couldn't join in the conversation, though. But I don't have a YouTube channel. I did some investigation of it, negotiating with music makers and so on, and I thought that the whole point of YouTube channels was to make money (isn't it?), which is why I didn't bother. :(

So ... isn't the whole point of a YouTube channel to make money? Or can I create one just to share videos with friends? :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Thank you, Tawmis! Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and to the Coles, too! :)

Just for that illustration, here's a Christmas quatrain:

'Twas the Night before Christmas, and all the kitchen,
They rolled up their sleeves and then said "Let's all pitch in!"

The apples were stewed by the fire with care,
But the kwerk ate them all - and he left the cores there!

Feel free to continue if you wish. It's fun! :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Hero-U Spin Off Coming...
https://adventuregamers.com/news/view/37636

Summer Daze is a interactive adventure tale set the semester before Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption. The Summer session is almost over and the Harvest Festival is approaching. Somebody has to be in charge of making sure the festival is a success – whether they want to or not. You play as either a Rogue or a Wizard who is assigned the task of running the festival. There are other students at the school who may or may not help you. You need to find ways to recruit them to your team. It’s all about finding friends, fixing a festival, and having fun.

Many of us are probably looking forward to warmer weather and more sunshine in the coming months, but the creators of Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption have already their sights set a year beyond that with the announcement of a spin-off prequel story called Summer Daze at Hero-U.

The new game is set during "the semester before Shawn finds his way to the Hero University." It's getting late in the Summer session and "the Harvest Festival is approaching. Somebody has to be in charge of making sure the festival is a success – whether they want to or not." Players can choose to play as either a Rogue or a Wizard, but in both cases you will need to "find ways to recruit" your fellow students at the school who "may or may not help you."

We don't yet know much about the gameplay of an experience designed to be "all about finding friends, fixing a festival, and having fun." We do know from the early artwork released that the game will feature an "elegant 2D illustrative style with a bright palette and tone that fits this lighthearted story." The choice of two protagonists is far from merely cosmetic, as the challenges will not be the same and Tilly Appleberry and Ifeyo Kinah are "very different people." The former is "a carefree Rogue who gets through life with a twinkle in her eye, a grin on her face, and a talent for mischief," while the latter is "a serious Wizard student who loves to study magic."

While currently targeting a final release in the summer of 2020, Lori and Corey Cole and their team are hoping to have Tilly's part of the story completed before the end of this summer, "just in time for a fall Kickstarter to help fund the rest of the project." To follow the progress of Summer Daze at Hero-U in the coming months, be sure to stop by the official website.

http://www.summerdazegame.com/

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Yes, I've noticed this before. It looks interesting - I'll check it out. :) Thanks, Tawm!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Summer Daze at Hero-U Kickstarter.

Post by Tawmis »

http://larrylaffer.net/archives/3316
or
http://blog.sierrahelp.com/2019/10/01/s ... at-hero-u/

Join Lori and Corey Cole, award-winning game designers of the Quest for Glory game series, Castle of Dr. Brain, Shannara, Mixed-Up Fairy Tales, and Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption in a new Hero-U story adventure.Page Summer Daze en françaisSummer Daze Seite auf DeutschPágina de Summer Daze en español

Summer Daze at Hero-U is a light-hearted interactive tale of friendship, fun, and folly suitable for all ages. It’s up to you to save the upcoming Harvest Festival at Hero University from imminent disaster… or make it even worse! Will you forge life-long friendships? It all depends on how you play the game.

With a diverse cast, and narrative-driven gameplay, Summer Daze is part visual novel, part adventure game, and a dash of “light RPG” for everyone who enjoys great storytelling. New players will enjoy the simple point-and-click interactions and lighthearted humor. More experienced players will dig into the nuanced puzzles and masterful game design by two of the most acclaimed game designers.

“Summer Daze at Hero-U is a new direction for us. We’ve crystallized the story and characters into a fast-paced illustrated adventure that can be played anywhere.” – Corey ColePlay day 1 of Tilly’s story

The best way to learn about Summer Daze at Hero-U is to try our playable demo. You can download it now from itch.io at https://transolar-games.itch.io/summer-daze. You’ll be able to play the full first day of Tilly’s game.

NOTE: Anything in this demo is subject to change in the full game.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: Summer Daze at Hero-U Kickstarter.

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Oh, no ... more puns!!! :lol: That's all right. I like Corey and Lori's games, even with (or especially because of) the dreadful puns. ;)

Pun for all and all for pun! :P I'll give it a try. Thanks, Tawm. :)
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I'm particularly excited about this one! :)
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

MusicallyInspired wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:56 pm I'm particularly excited about this one! :)
Wild guess.

You....... did the music for it?
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

No. I have not done the music for it.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

MusicallyInspired wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:18 pm No. I have not done the music for it.
All right, so why particularly excited about it? :D
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Because MI did the voices (or <a> voice) for it? :twisted:
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Haha def no.

Return to “The Quest for Glory Series”