Hero-U

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Summer Daze at Hero-U Kickstarter.

Post by Tawmis »

I got out of the habit of posting it here; but I always post Sierra related Kickstarter stuff on LarryLaffer.net - so here's a search result for all things Hero-U.

I've yet to play even HERO-U (the first one) more than 15 or 20 minutes.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Hmm ... have I missed something? :| I can't see anything except a link to Lori and Corey's patreon page.

And Hero-U is great. Well worth playing, even with the lack of speech etc. :) The monsters "level up" as Shawn does, so the combat is always challenging. But if you know what you're doing, it's (slightly) easier. :D
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

I will get around to it; maybe after I do my Sierra game stuff; put it on the Youtube channel.

http://larrylaffer.net/?s=Hero-U&submit=Search

Should show you a list of Hero-U updates in the middle (title, and the first sentence or two of each update I've posted).
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

It's really close.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

"Art is well along on part 3, Sami’s Story, which has an anthropomorphic Corgi as your player character!"

I'm sold!

(No joke. He looks adorable.)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:14 pm "Art is well along on part 3, Sami’s Story, which has an anthropomorphic Corgi as your player character!"

I'm sold!

They're trying to appeal to me and my Corgi! I know it!
Attachments
IMG_5187.JPG
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Corgis are beautiful. :)

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Coming back to the point of the thread ... what is "Summer Daze"? Is it a separate game from Hero-U? Is it an extension/DLC? I'm a bit unclear on that.
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

It's a smaller game that was intended to be made in between Rogue to Redemption and the next full on Hero-U game. It's more story based (no combat, only a couple minigames) and is in more of a visual novel style of game genre. It's separate, not a DLC. Entirely different interface/UI.

01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Tawmis wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:53 pm
notbobsmith wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:14 pm "Art is well along on part 3, Sami’s Story, which has an anthropomorphic Corgi as your player character!"

I'm sold!

They're trying to appeal to me and my Corgi! I know it!
Daaawwwww! :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

For those following/interested -

First ten minutes of one of many paths through our upcoming game, Summer Daze at Hero-U: Tilly's Tale. This is from the current beta version. We plan on releasing the game on March 31, 2022 on Steam, GoG, and other stores.

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Huzzah! :D I haven't been able to play or even start the demo, so I'm looking forward to this. But I won't watch the gameplay, because I'd like it to be a surprise :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Hero-U

Post by Tawmis »

unnamed (1).jpg
Summer Daze: Ifeyo's Adventure visual novel cast
https://summerdazegame.com/

Lori and I would like to wish you God Jul, Hopeful Solstice, Happy Chanukah, Merry Christmas, and a Joyous New Year! In short, Happy Holidays from Hero-U!

We have several cool releases coming up in 2023, starting with Summer Daze: Tilly's Tale on Jan. 31. We think of the Summer Daze series as adventure games in visual novel form, and we hope our players will love the new books/games. If you haven’t yet supported and preordered Summer Daze, make sure you wishlist it on Steam at

The attached poster/wallpaper is a look ahead to Summer Daze: Ifeyo's Adventure. From left to right, the characters are Chang Jiao Hu, Lea, Ifeyo Kinah, Charlotte Ruse, Meria Thálassa, Percival Parsival Peterson, and Sergei Sokolav. As in Rogue to Redemption and Tilly's Tale, each character has their own backstory and motivations. We plan to release Ifeyo's Adventure in 2024.

We're also working with Neoclassical Games on a new release of Corey's tabletop RPG module, Tower of Indomitable Circumstance. Lori and Corey met at Westercon in San Francisco, where Corey showed off the scenario. Corey designed it as an introductory scenario for beginning D&D players and characters.

As with the 1980 Judges Guild version, Neoclassical will release Tower as a "generic RPG" suitable for use with multiple game systems. Pathfinder, D&D 5th Edition, and other role-playing gamers should find the new module readily adaptable to their systems.

We're continuing to work with Silesia Games on Nintendo Switch releases. Expect Summer Daze: Tilly's Tale for the Switch in March or April. We're also talking with them about porting Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption to Sony PS4 and PS5 consoles!

Our next livestream will be Saturday, Dec. 31, 2022 starting at 6 pm PST. We plan to stream until after midnight to welcome in the new year. We stream on Twitch at twitch
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: Hero-U

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Again - huzzah. :D I hadn't heard much about this through the year, so I thought Lori and Corey had given up (or it was taking a really long time, like Hero-U).

Thanks for letting me know, Tawm :)

Return to “The Quest for Glory Series”