Hero-U

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Hero-U

Post by Tawmis »

Yup! Like sharing info with my fellow SHP... er, SHP is a user... so Sierra Help People. :D
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Corey Cole wrote: Our games are the lead feature in this Silesia Games video about their 2023 releases for the Nintendo Switch and Sony Playstation. Summer Daze: Tilly's Tale is coming out January 31 on the Steam store for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The Nintendo Switch release is scheduled for March or April 2023. Silesia is also working on a conversion of Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption to PS4 and PS5 for later this year.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Um, who is Silesia Games? Where is the video? This is good news, but I'm confused.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:47 pm Um, who is Silesia Games? Where is the video? This is good news, but I'm confused.
Ah, the power of google...

https://www.silesiagames.com/

Who we are?
We are a game developer and a game distribution company located in Poland, Silesia Region.

notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

GOG was not mentioned. Will it be available there? I don't mind Steam, but I like supporting GOG when I can.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:38 pm GOG was not mentioned. Will it be available there? I don't mind Steam, but I like supporting GOG when I can.
I prefer GoG too. I did the kickstarter so I have the original Hero-U. I can ask the Coles and find out if it's headed for GoG too.
The original Hero-U ended up on GoG - so I hope/imagine this "expansion" will too.
https://www.gog.com/en/game/herou_rogue_to_redemption
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Per Corey Cole -
Corey Cole wrote: No, GOG has declined to distribute Summer Daze. They didn't think it would sell well. We hope to prove them wrong.
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Odd that GOG would say that. Some of the titles they've released in the past are pretty obscure. At least the Coles are known for the QFG series.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:07 am Odd that GOG would say that. Some of the titles they've released in the past are pretty obscure. At least the Coles are known for the QFG series.
I am wondering, since Hero-U was a kickstarter first - that overall sales on GoG were low, and that's what they're basing it on (since people already owned it via KS support, and some may have even split and got it on Steam, etc).
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

notbobsmith wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:38 pm GOG was not mentioned. Will it be available there? I don't mind Steam, but I like supporting GOG when I can.
I got a GOG survey this morning. Did anyone else get one recently?

I only use two platforms - GOG and Steam - because I don't need anything else. ;)

GOG has more frequent sales, and a bigger selection of games that are familiar to me (i.e. from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, and 2010s). They also have games that Steam doesn't.

On the other hand, Steam has a faster download rate (in terms of MB/s), and has more recent games.

Everything else (like mod stores, online collectibles/badges, etc.) mean very little to me. As far as I'm concerned, they're nothing more than useless online gimmickry. I don't play online games, so I don't need them.

How about you? Just wondering. :)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:11 pm
Corey Cole wrote: Our games are the lead feature in this Silesia Games video about their 2023 releases for the Nintendo Switch and Sony Playstation. Summer Daze: Tilly's Tale is coming out January 31 on the Steam store for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The Nintendo Switch release is scheduled for March or April 2023. Silesia is also working on a conversion of Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption to PS4 and PS5 for later this year.
Hmm ... strange that Steam hasn't announced this yet, then.

It just says "Coming soon". *shrug* Does that happen often? Any ideas who's in charge of updating it?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:00 pm Hmm ... strange that Steam hasn't announced this yet, then.
It just says "Coming soon". *shrug* Does that happen often? Any ideas who's in charge of updating it?
Probably waiting to closer to release date in case there's any set backs.
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:54 pm
I got a GOG survey this morning. Did anyone else get one recently?

I only use two platforms - GOG and Steam - because I don't need anything else. ;)

GOG has more frequent sales, and a bigger selection of games that are familiar to me (i.e. from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, and 2010s). They also have games that Steam doesn't.

On the other hand, Steam has a faster download rate (in terms of MB/s), and has more recent games.

Everything else (like mod stores, online collectibles/badges, etc.) mean very little to me. As far as I'm concerned, they're nothing more than useless online gimmickry. I don't play online games, so I don't need them.

How about you? Just wondering. :)
I did not get a survey.

I don't care about the collectables either.

For me the big thing with GOG is the ability to download an offline installer. It gives me a greater sense of ownership of the game. If GOG Galaxy goes away, I can always run the installer.

GOG does have a decent selection of new games and their library of DOS classics is more extensive. Steam does get more of the big titles though. They also have a lot of small indie games which can be a good and bad thing. Some gems have a chance to be discovered. On other hand, some people put up horrible games that sell for hundreds of dollars just to troll people. You can find videos of people playing these on Youtube.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Yes, I googled "indie game developer steam horrible game youtube" and got lots of results, with names like "This game is HORRIFYINGLY bad" and so on. (I didn't click on any of them. Life's too short). ;)

Which indie games do you consider gems, NBS? Just curious. I thought that 80 Days was very good, but then I like the Jules Verne novel. :)
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:19 am Yes, I googled "indie game developer steam horrible game youtube" and got lots of results, with names like "This game is HORRIFYINGLY bad" and so on. (I didn't click on any of them. Life's too short). ;)

Which indie games do you consider gems, NBS? Just curious. I thought that 80 Days was very good, but then I like the Jules Verne novel. :)
The puzzle games from Amanita Design are pretty good. I've played the Samorost games and Machinarium. Fun puzzles and I love the art style. MOLEK-SYNTEZ is an interesting concept that probably only appeal to a particular player, but I enjoyed it. There are a bunch of others that I haven't played but the concepts look interesting. I'm kind of curious about Card Shark which I guess does show actual card cheating techniques.

Return to “The Quest for Glory Series”