Dark Horizons entering open beta soon!

Talk about anything you want here
Expack3
Sierra Obsessed

Dark Horizons entering open beta soon!

Post by Expack3 »

Hey everyone! Dark Horizons (formerly known as Dark Horizons: MAV), an arcade-like 'Mech game I've worked on previously as an alpha tester, will soon be going into open beta! Dark Horizons takes the arcade elements of Hawken and combines them with the simulation aspects of the Mechwarrior and Earthsiege series to create a unique multiplayer experience. Battle it out in fully-customizable Mechanized Assault Vehicles (MAVs) on a wide variety of destructible battlefields, from small arenas to massive floodplains.

Interested? Go to http://www.playmech.com/ and join the Dark Horizons community today!
You like manuals. You like manuals. You love them. You cannot resist manuals.
Your gameplay experience is meaningless without manuals.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Dark Horizons entering open beta soon!

Post by Tawmis »

Looks like the Mech Warrior MMO.
Expack3
Sierra Obsessed

Re: Dark Horizons entering open beta soon!

Post by Expack3 »

Tawmis wrote:Looks like the Mech Warrior MMO.
Believe me, it plays nothing like it.It's more like an arcade experience - not to the level of Hawken, which is basically an arcade-style 'Mech game - as the controls are dramatically simplified and your 'radar' is more like a minimap. Also, the 'Mechs (MAVs) you can customize only have an overall armor level (no individual armor settings), all chassis are available immediately, and nothing costs you any currency, real or in-game - the only restrictions are build points, which restrict how much firepower you can fit on your MAV, and hardpoint availability.

Also, don't take my word for it - here are some official videos which show off just how arcade-like Dark Horizons is:
You like manuals. You like manuals. You love them. You cannot resist manuals.
Your gameplay experience is meaningless without manuals.

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”