Great Scott, Marty!

Talk about anything you want here
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Great Scott, Marty!

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Fire up your DeLoreans - a new musical, based on the Back to the Future films, is being made. The director is Robert Zemeckis, the same man who directed the original films.

To be honest, I have my doubts about this project. There will inevitably be comparisons with the original, and some (even many?) people will feel that the new actors are not a patch on Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd et al. *shrug* Still, I wish them the best of luck... ;)

Also, personally, I feel that the original Back to the Future film was the best of the three (and yes, I did see all three). I felt the second film was tacky overall, and the third felt weak, story-wise - like it was simply trying to cash in on the Back to the Future name. But that's just me. ;) How about you? What did you think? :-)
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Re: Great Scott, Marty!

Post by Datadog »

Wow, this is heavy, doc!
Maiandra
Oldbie

Re: Great Scott, Marty!

Post by Maiandra »

That's kind of odd. I'm not sure if I'd like it or not. I do like musicals, but I think I would have a hard time not comparing it to the movies constantly.
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”