Manhunter (Fan) Website.

Checking MAD not giving you the answers you need, and you find yourself getting mad? Check here Manhunter, for more clues...
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Manhunter (Fan) Website.

Post by Tawmis »

That looks really cool. :)

As a side note - MHSF is now updated with the images pointing to the hosted site rather than the archive.org site.
http://larrylaffer.net/non-lsl-games/th ... francisco/
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Tawmis wrote:Along the lines of IPs and such - Marvel (Comics) sold off various "characters" to various movie studios (before they were saved by Disney), so for example, FOX owns the X-MEN related movie rights and FANTASTIC FOUR, and SONY owns the SPIDER-MAN movie rights... So one thing a lot of fans have been wanting is the "Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends" cartoon on DVD (to bring this along the lines of the Batman fiasco)... But it's the same thing - the "rights" to the "movie/cartoon/comic" fiasco is a mess. :( So the fans suffer.

And to slingshot this back around to Manhunter - I just finished updating MHNY, so that the images are now pointing to the LSL site. Plan on doing MHSF tomorrow.

http://larrylaffer.net/non-lsl-games/th ... -new-york/
I loved that show! It's actually available for "purchase" on Amazon.com's streaming service (quotes because you don't actually own physical media) and may be available through other services. Though I'm not sure why there would be a DVD rights issue since the characters and production company are both Marvel. Or how this would differ from a streaming service. Part of it may now be economics. The trend seems to be streaming now. I've noticed some pre-BluRay movies available in HD on streaming services, but don't have a BluRay release. So the HD content exists, but I guess they don't feel it's worth manufacturing the disc. Plus, since Marvel is Disney now, they have always been reluctant to release things on DVD. Their Disney Afternoon shows have always been popular, but only and handful of series have been released, often incomplete.

And nice work on the Manhunter pages.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote:
Tawmis wrote:Along the lines of IPs and such - Marvel (Comics) sold off various "characters" to various movie studios (before they were saved by Disney), so for example, FOX owns the X-MEN related movie rights and FANTASTIC FOUR, and SONY owns the SPIDER-MAN movie rights... So one thing a lot of fans have been wanting is the "Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends" cartoon on DVD (to bring this along the lines of the Batman fiasco)... But it's the same thing - the "rights" to the "movie/cartoon/comic" fiasco is a mess. :( So the fans suffer.
And to slingshot this back around to Manhunter - I just finished updating MHNY, so that the images are now pointing to the LSL site. Plan on doing MHSF tomorrow.
http://larrylaffer.net/non-lsl-games/th ... -new-york/
I loved that show! It's actually available for "purchase" on Amazon.com's streaming service (quotes because you don't actually own physical media) and may be available through other services. Though I'm not sure why there would be a DVD rights issue since the characters and production company are both Marvel. Or how this would differ from a streaming service. Part of it may now be economics. The trend seems to be streaming now. I've noticed some pre-BluRay movies available in HD on streaming services, but don't have a BluRay release. So the HD content exists, but I guess they don't feel it's worth manufacturing the disc. Plus, since Marvel is Disney now, they have always been reluctant to release things on DVD. Their Disney Afternoon shows have always been popular, but only and handful of series have been released, often incomplete.
And nice work on the Manhunter pages.
Yeah, it's also available as NON US DVDs (not sure the legality of those). The thing is Marvel owns the character rights - but the "video" rights may belong to someone else (sort of like how Marvel owns the X-Men comics, but does not own the X-Men movie rights; that belongs to FOX). As for streaming, it seems that it's also a way to combat piracy (if you can't geta physical copy, you can't exactly get it distributed illegally). So I wonder if Marvel/Disney has not released this DVD set, because the movie rights belong to SONY, and they may not want to promote the Spider-Man franchise if they don't own all of it. :) Who knows. I just know that a piece of my childhood is missing. :)

And thanks, about the Manhunter page. I did not of the "work" - I just redirected all the images to the host site I run. Folks who originally created it deserve the credit. Only additions I made was in the About page, throwing in screen shots of the other games that the Murry's did.

Return to “The Manhunter Games”