The D&D Corner (and other Pen & Paper - or virtual - RPGs!) <3

Just like the title says. Fun little forum related games and threads. Come in here and have some fun!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: The D&D Corner (and other Pen & Paper - or virtual - RPGs!) <3

Post by Tawmis »

See the previous post (viewtopic.php?p=94891#p94891) about the Voodoo Doll... this was from the most recent session. :D
Attachments
Help_Out_Vindri_Greater_Than_Pabu.mp3
The Druid tries to upsell the voodoo doll of the wizard - that's now alive
(2.91 MiB) Downloaded 108 times
It_Wants_To_Kill_You_Dramatic.mp3
The Druid warns the wizard that the voodoo doll may want to replace him...
(2.76 MiB) Downloaded 103 times
Keep_Going.mp3
Voodoo doll tells the Druid to keep going...
(754.46 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Tomato_Tomatoe.mp3
Druid tries to explain the situation to the wizard...
(3.12 MiB) Downloaded 88 times
Vindri_Real_World.mp3
When the player who controls the Wizard has Discord issues...
(3.18 MiB) Downloaded 109 times
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

So ... sorry I haven't been keeping up with this. My online time has been severely reduced these past few weeks, since I'm going to Italy soon.

The talkies (mp3 files?) are very amusing. I wonder where the music came from? :?

I get it that Sindri (the voodoo doll?) wants to kill Vindri (the Wizard?), but what is Pabu? And why doesn't it do anything?

"Tomato, tomatoe." :lol:
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:22 pm So ... sorry I haven't been keeping up with this. My online time has been severely reduced these past few weeks, since I'm going to Italy soon.
The talkies (mp3 files?) are very amusing. I wonder where the music came from? :?
I get it that Sindri (the voodoo doll?) wants to kill Vindri (the Wizard?), but what is Pabu? And why doesn't it do anything?
"Tomato, tomatoe." :lol:
For the music - I am adding that in post edit - One of my players purchased FANTASY COMPLETE II (this year they released FC III)
Which is - once ye purchase it - you have the license to do whatever you want with the music (use it in movies, videos, etc) - and it's all open licensed to you, if you own it.
More here:
https://www.monumentstudios.net/fantasy2

And other way around - Vindri is the voodoo doll, Sindri is the wizard.
Pabu is one of the Monk's pets (a red panda, who hasn't done anything in the campaign but trash the party's hotel room when they left it and a blink dog unattended for a day) :D
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

:lol:

I accidentally misread your post as: "Pabu ... who hasn't done anything in the campaign but trash talk the party." (Instead of "...trash the party's hotel room").

Then I googled what a blink dog is, and found this in an online D&D manual: "A blink dog takes its name from its ability to blink in and out of existence, a talent it uses to aid its attacks and to avoid harm."

I accidentally misread that as: "... a talent it uses to aid its attacks and to avoid ham", and for a split-second, I thought: "Aw! What's wrong with ham?" :shock: ;)

Sigh. I probably really need new glasses ... 8-)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Just uploaded the 10th installment of D&D Character backstories I write - each of these is at least 50 pages - which means, as of this one - I have written over 500 pages of character backstories for D&D!
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/437608 ... s-Book-Ten
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

I had been putting notes from my game on my youtube channel I made for it Last Time On D&D...

But life ... got really, really complicated... and I also got into a lot of games... and so this fell by the way side. The last one had been October 2022.

Well, caught up with all my notes, I am trying to get through these again and just uploaded the next one...

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Me? Play Quest for Glory III? Sure...

No. Been doing this...

Which wrapped up that game.

And then I began my work game notes....

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

More cultists...!

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Still have many more to do for "The Adventurers" sessions (that's like on session 80... I can't recall about when that game we started recording)...

So I figured I'd take a break from that one, to do the "off week" game (Servants of the Wizard) - because that one begins with session 2 with the players recorded (only because I wasn't sure if this game would last...)

Session 0 explains all that...

Session 1, as I said, wasn't recorded, so it's me recapping the notes...

Session 2, the players are officially a part of the recording now...

Just finished Session 3's converting to youtube...

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Tonight's session I ran was fun!

We were down our High Elf Cleric as well as our Tiefling Artificer. (Another player, who is off playing other RPGs I no longer consider being down - they've been up on the Spelljammer as a way to explain why they're not partaking). However, it so worked out that last session - the High Elf leapt from a mountain and the Artificer (Armorer) tried to fly up and catch her and did so - but with momentum - sent them both spiraling out of control into the ground.

So tonight, I explained that the Artificer would be hanging back, working on fixing his "Iron Man" armor while the High Elf Cleric had suffered a bad blow to the head and was slipping in and out of consciousness.

So, to back track - the party is chasing a Beholder who has gained a powerful artifact that grants him infinite wisdom and whispers endless secrets. The Beholder is off to become a god because he's learned how it's possible. The party (they're all level 13 right now) is in pursuit - but gets sidelined by Githyanki who ambush their spelljammer giving the Beholder time to escape them in the "Astral Plane." (In my world the entire "Astral Plane" includes Wildspace and all of that - it's just all lumped as 'The Astral Plane'). So the party fights the Githyanki (who in my world have their own lore) - and defeat them and take their Spelljammer as a second ship. Chasing after the Beholder's magical signal - they trace it down to the Plane of Earth. However, the Spelljammer can't land - some barrier prevents it (this was way back, my way of excusing the one player who may not return) - as they remained in the Spelljammer ready to "beam up the party" when they give the signal.

Now, the problem that goes further back - is a large war broke out between the Four Planes - someone had stolen the Titan Rings (these are rings that allow them to summon each "ultimate" Elemental - Leviathan, Phoenix, Zaratan, and I forgot the custom air one I made, because it doesn't have its own cool name). Rumor had started that the other Planes had conspired against each other. So Earth believed Water stole theirs, while Water believed Air stole theirs, and Air believed Fire stole theirs, and Fire believed Earth stole theirs - all due to the evidence left (read: planted) behind.

In truth, it'd been the Drow who had done it - in an attempt to enslave the Titan Elementals to help raise their Spider Queen (essentially Lolth), which they succeeded in doing.

So anyway, one of the players is a Air Genasi - so when they arrive on the Earth Plane, they meet a squad of seven Earth Genasi and she explains (the party uncovered all of this) what truly happened - and that she has all the rings, except her own people's ring (the Ring of Air). She gives the Earth one to the Cleric. (I made an NPC Earth Genasi Cleric and Earth Genasi Warrior for tonight's session to help balance out the party).

The Cleric dumps a bunch of lore as to what's going on in the Plane of Earth, and how the Githyanki have organized under the power of a Dao (or the Dao to them, the Earth Genasi are not clear). The party, naturally, agrees to help. So the Earth Genasi say they can't go to Everstone Kingdom overland due to the Dao and its forces flying in the skies - they will need to use secret passages in the mountains.

Now tonight was gonna be a short session because one of the players had a hard stop to take their kid to get ice cream, while another had just got their dog back from surgery - so I was just thankful to even play.

So the party enters into the caves, gets their long rest - speaks with the Earth Genasi to RP and get some lore. Then the following morning make their way into the caves; the party is warned about creatures known as Piercers; the party assures them they're very aware of them (encountered them quite a bit during the Dwarf/Drow war in my campaign to stop the Drow Priestess from ascending and awakening the Spider Queen). They also know that Ropers are adult piercers; and despite this - a Roper gets the drop on the party, snagging the Rogue and beginning to drag her towards it. The Paladin cuts her free and helps her up. One of the Earth Genasi change and get caught and bitten - literally 103 damage - the Earth Genasi had 104 HP. So the party rushes in to save her. They do so - an in killing it recover some gems in the roper's gullet.

Party moves on and enters a cave where they Earth Genasi explain the purple crystals are called "living crystals" because they provide light and channel it from areas in the mountain that they stick out of - giving life to creatures and plants (similar to the Underdark kind of setting). They moved next into an area where the crystal floors are all red - but it's not naturally red. The Earth Genasi explain that long ago a battle had been fought here and the blood has seeped and been absorbed into the crystal floor itself - and all around, odd plants grew. (They're corpse flowers, but the Ranger calls them "Murder Maples" and rolls a Natural 20 on his persuasion convincing everyone that's what they're called). I allowed him to roll a Nature check at advantage, explaining he may be right on what they're called and he's read about this kind of plant - and he rolled high enough that I provided some of the abilities of the corpse flower to them but calling it "Murder Maples." When they asked how many I said, "Each of you roll a D4, and I will let fate decide." They each rolled a 4. So I said, "There's 12 scattered about - you will need to move cautiously to not attract their attention." Ranger did pass without trace, and I had them reach an underwater lake, with 15 minutes to spare, and said they make camp there for the night.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Some of the kids from Stranger Things play D&D.....

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Today's OotS is comedy gold. D'you ever think about Hit Points? :D
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:50 pm Some of the kids from Stranger Things play D&D.....

"Do we have passports?" :lol: I can see these guys don't know their D&D. ;)

Gloom the Bugbear? :roll: Umm - how does the bugbear become a ranger - and start protecting a human town called Hawk's End? ;)

Lady Applejack has no CON. Neither does Chad Handstand. How are they still standing? :P
===================================
Here's a D&D story for you. ;)

A D&D strolls down a dungeon corridor, feeling a little bored. There's a human cleric, a dwarf fighter, and a halfling rogue - level-15 each.

There are skulls set into niches in the rough-hewn walls, but they're clearly decorative.

The party is complaining to the DM. This is boring! Do something more interesting. We're high-level! Give us something to fight!

Suddenly, one of the skulls speaks up and snarks at the party. ("Cleric, huh? I bet you couldn't Turn me!" etc.)

The party is annoyed. The dwarf fighter whips out his axe and SMASHES the skull ... but nothing happens.

The skull is amused, in a 'nyah nyah' way. "Ha ha! You can't smash a skull!" :P Suddenly, all the skulls in the corridor start laughing too. "Ha ha!"

The dwarf is angry and embarrassed. "Ah, bite me!"

At which point, glowing lights appear in the skull's eyeholes, and it starts to vibrate. What's going on?

"As you wish," the skull says.

DM: The Demilich bites you for 4d8 damage. Since you weren't expecting it, you don't get a save. Roll for damage.

Dwarf Player: I didn't mean that literally! *rolls*

Cleric Player: Give him a break!

Halfling Player: Yeah! Stop being such a killer DM!

DM: And since you all stand there arguing with a Demilich, it casts a Meteor Swarm at you all, followed by a Lightning Bolt and Fireball. Since you're busy arguing, none of you don't get a save. Roll for damage.

*roll*

Dwarf Player: Oh, great. We're all dead.

Cleric Player: Is this because I took the last slice of pizza?

Halfling Player: And where did those stop laughing skulls come from?

Dwarf Player: The Demilich cast an illusion, I guess?

DM: *thinking* I'm not telling. :twisted:

Cleric Player: This blows!

Halfling Player: Yeah! You wasted twenty bucks on this module? What a rip-off!

Dwarf Player: Let's play it again. I want revenge for my fallen character!

All three: YEAH!

Moral of the story:

1. Do not meddle in the affairs of DMs, for they are subtle and might get a Demilich to eat you for breakfast. :twisted:
2. Do not underestimate some players' capacity for revenge. :twisted:
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:00 am Gloom the Bugbear? :roll: Umm - how does the bugbear become a ranger - and start protecting a human town called Hawk's End? ;)
1. Do not meddle in the affairs of DMs, for they are subtle and might get a Demilich to eat you for breakfast. :twisted:
2. Do not underestimate some players' capacity for revenge. :twisted:
Bugbears are a playable race now in 5th Edition. :) A lot of humanoid "monster" races are now.

As for the Wrath of DMs...
Image4.png
For some reference - the Discord event button - you click "Interested" to the event to let folks know you're going. (It's mostly just a reminder for everyone when the game is... but it is nice when people do use it correctly!)

So the player who plays Twilight in this game... is in all of my other games... She plays Korra in another game... Galiena in another game... and Kasumi in another game (there's actually one more game she's in that I didn't cite here)... but she'd been the only player not to click the Interested button so I did this... :D

Return to “Community Games”