King's Quest V (Well, Any MUNT selected game)...

Is the game being a ROYAL pain? Need a hint? Got a problem? This is the place to discuss King's Quest!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

King's Quest V (Well, Any MUNT selected game)...

Post by Tawmis »

I had reported it earlier with Les Manley, where in the game - the munt/ROLAND sound plays just fine - but when DOSBox captures the video, there's no audio.

Well, I set up King's Quest V to use Munt/Roland - as I play the game, it's all beautiful - but when I go to the video, it didn't work either. So based on Collector's suggestion from the Les Manley thread - I thought, "Why not capture Death Gate, which has Roland/Munt enabled, through Collector's installer and see what happens?" Again, the game has sound - but the video capture? No Sound.

So for some reason, DOSBox doesn't capture Roland/Munt if it's through the emulator?
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Re: King's Quest V (Well, Any MUNT selected game)...

Post by notbobsmith »

Tawmis wrote:I had reported it earlier with Les Manley, where in the game - the munt/ROLAND sound plays just fine - but when DOSBox captures the video, there's no audio.

Well, I set up King's Quest V to use Munt/Roland - as I play the game, it's all beautiful - but when I go to the video, it didn't work either. So based on Collector's suggestion from the Les Manley thread - I thought, "Why not capture Death Gate, which has Roland/Munt enabled, through Collector's installer and see what happens?" Again, the game has sound - but the video capture? No Sound.

So for some reason, DOSBox doesn't capture Roland/Munt if it's through the emulator?
Like Collector said, I think you may need a version of DOSBox that has Munt built in. In the past, I've used ykhwong's build. Lately, I've been using DOSBox-ECE, which I really like. I just tried recording a KQ5 video and it recorded the audio just fine.
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

DOSBox has no "input" for outside audio to stream into its recordings. MUNT (on its own) is an outside program that receives MIDI information that DOSBox outputs. There's no way to record MUNT audio with DOSBox unless you use a build of DOSBox with MUNT built-in as notbobsmith said. DOSBox video recordings only capture sound that DOSBox produces. MUNT produces the MT-32 sounds so DOSBox can't "hear" it.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
envisge0ne
Sierra Veteran

Post by envisge0ne »

Kinda off topic, but I decided to plug in my old MT-32 & see if it still worked. I bought it when I was 17 (27 years ago). Still works great on my Win 10 64 bit system :) I'll use MUNT for the most part, but it's fun to see that it still works

Return to “The King's Quest Series”