Started playthrough

Feelin' like the ol' west is about ta get the best o' ya, partner? Well, come get your prescription of help in these forums for Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist!
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: Started playthrough

Post by Rath Darkblade »

There's a CD version? I played this game once and once only - the floppy disk version, way back in the days of Windows 95 or thereabouts... ;)
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Re: Started playthrough

Post by notbobsmith »

And I just finished the playthrough with the CD version. Great voice acting. They cast pretty much all of the animation "regulars" from the time. Cam Clarke did a great job as Freddy with the overly self-important delivery. As far as I could tell, most of the script was intact from the text version. As someone else mentioned, only some of the item-to-item interactions got cut.

One quibble I forgot to mention from my first playthrough was the timer during Act II. It kind of discouraged exploration/experimentation and I really could have done without it. Plus you're supposed to have over a week with the snails!

Other things I missed:
Poor Cedric. :)
I also didn't realize who Kenny the Kid is modeled after until now.

I'll probably put up another poll for the next game in a bit. Colonel's Bequest was the runner up this time, but I'll still put up the poll to make it official.

Return to “Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist”