My Longbow playthrough

Feel like your conquest has you questing in circles? This is for the Cristy Marx games, Conquests of Camelot: The Search for the Grail and Conquests of the Longbow: The Legend of Robin Hood. You can ask for help with these games here! (Beware of the rabbit... it's got fangs!)
notbobsmith
Village Elder

My Longbow playthrough

Post by notbobsmith »

I've been playing for the last few days and so far it is very enjoyable. Again, like Camelot, it brings historical context to something that I am only familiar with through popular culture. So far the puzzles are challenging without being impossible. Right now, I've been working on helping the three brothers escape from jail. So far, so good.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: My Longbow playthrough

Post by Tawmis »

You're going to enjoy it, I promise. :)
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Christy's games are very well researched.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

And I'm finished! That seemed to go rather quickly, but I did have the long weekend free so I could spend more time on it. Final score was 6920 out of 7325 with 65300 in ransom and 34 outlaws (no deaths). Very good game. Like Camelot, it was well written. Robin strikes the right balance of a chivalrous noble and a rogue. The puzzles were just challenging enough.

Collector wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 10:19 pm Christy's games are very well researched.
That is one of the things that I liked about these games (along with Jane Jensen's Gabriel Knight series). It told its own story while still sticking to the core elements of Robin Hood's lore. And actual history was included as well like King Richard's capture. I've never heard of Watling Street before. Interesting what the 12th century definition of a street was. I didn't even think that was a word at the time. The Romans built "roads".

Some amusing Easter eggs at the fair. I found Christy Marx! Heraldry from Daventry and Lytton. A Police Quest shout-out! Nice! :)

So a lot of fun all around. Next up is a playthrough with a point list. The one that I found here say the final points are 9800, but most other lists have just 7325.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

That was remarkably quick and not even getting stuck on anything and asking for help! :D
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Tawmis wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:19 pm That was remarkably quick and not even getting stuck on anything and asking for help! :D
I've had more practice now. It also might not the most challenging game, and the death screens often clued me in as to what I was missing. I was stuck for a bit near the end rescuing Marian. The game seemingly wouldn't let me do anything, but the death screen indirectly let me know what I was missing. Plus I had a lot more time this weekend so it seemed like it went by fast.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:30 pm
Tawmis wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:19 pm That was remarkably quick and not even getting stuck on anything and asking for help! :D
I've had more practice now. It also might not the most challenging game, and the death screens often clued me in as to what I was missing. I was stuck for a bit near the end rescuing Marian. The game seemingly wouldn't let me do anything, but the death screen indirectly let me know what I was missing. Plus I had a lot more time this weekend so it seemed like it went by fast.
I love games that give you a clue if you die... it lets you know where you can try to go and fix it.
adeyke
Oldbie

Post by adeyke »

I also think it's a good thing, provided that it just reminds you about things you should already be aware of (and that you might just have forgotten or overlooked) and doesn't provide any new information.
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Just finished playing with a walkthrough. Nothing really new to add. Again, a really enjoyable game. I also tried to find the Easter Eggs that were mentioned. I found the "bug" but couldn't get the Loch Ness monster to appear.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:06 am Just finished playing with a walkthrough. Nothing really new to add. Again, a really enjoyable game. I also tried to find the Easter Eggs that were mentioned. I found the "bug" but couldn't get the Loch Ness monster to appear.
I wasn't even aware there was a Loch Ness monster easter egg? :o
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Tawmis wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:44 pm
notbobsmith wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:06 am Just finished playing with a walkthrough. Nothing really new to add. Again, a really enjoyable game. I also tried to find the Easter Eggs that were mentioned. I found the "bug" but couldn't get the Loch Ness monster to appear.
I wasn't even aware there was a Loch Ness monster easter egg? :o
There is. Although I can only imagine how long it took to paint. :lol:

Oooh. Sorry. That was bad.

The easter egg was listed in my point list, and I found a picture of it here.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:48 pm The easter egg was listed in my point list, and I found a picture of it here.
Yup, for sure never saw that!

Return to “The Conquests Games”