Designing Codename: Iceman II

Losing your cool? Can't figure out the sub sequence? Finding this game brutally difficult? You're not alone! Come over here super agent and transmit your CIA codes with other agents to help you out!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Designing Codename: Iceman II

Post by Tawmis »

The idea came to me to post some threads about other Sierra games, when I was just digging through my email and found an ancient story I had written where the next King's Quest game would be Edgar (from King's Quest IV) seeking out Rosella to try and win her hand in marriage. It was, in my head, a cool idea because Edgar would technically be a king (with his mother - spoilers! - now dead).

So, I thought - given the chance, if you were brought in to help, or pitch ideas, or help direct (so let's avoid answers like, "I'd call in Jane Jensen/Al Lowe/Roberta Willians/Scott Murphy/Mark Crowe/Jim Walls/Christy Marx/etc" - and assume they're there too :lol: ) - to work on the next game.

So in this case - if you were a part of the creative team, what would you hope for in the next CODENAME: ICEMAN II?
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Re: Designing Codename: Iceman II

Post by Datadog »

You wake up alone on a submarine floating aimlessly in the ocean. The only other person in the sub is a guy who likes to play poker and only plays poker.

The whole game is about getting to shore, but you don't know where you are, you've never driven a submarine before, and you literally have to run back and forth between stations just to operate the sub by yourself. Also, you have no sonar. You can go in circles for the entire game and never know if you're making progress.

In other words, it's everything you hated about the first game and nothing else!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: Designing Codename: Iceman II

Post by Collector »

LOL
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Return to “Codename: Iceman”