Differences between the non-CD versions?

Feeling lost? Running out of time? This would be the forum to post about the game LOST IN TIME!
Spikey
Sierra Obsessed

Differences between the non-CD versions?

Post by Spikey »

Does anyone know if there are any differences between the two floppy disk releases, the two-part EU release and the one-part USA release?
Want to replay it for some good old fashioned nostalgia - so prefer to find out what version I used to have before I start. I *think* I had a pirated US version of this one back in the day, because I remember it being just one whole.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: Differences between the non-CD versions?

Post by Collector »

Don't know if there are differences between the EU floppy and NA floppy versions, but the CD added speech and digital music.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

He probably means like Goblins 3 had some different assets and dialogue. The NA floppy version had a completely different title screen (checkerboard background similar to the box cover with a brawler goblin from level 2) and dialogue than the European version which had a bunch of credits and an image of Wolfie in a circle like the CD version (kind of like Gobliins 2's logo) and completely different dialogue (probably translated from French differently). Actually, some of the text I was always confused about in the NA version made more sense in the European version's translation.

I'm afraid I have only played one floppy version of Lost in Time, though. So I don't know. I'm very intrigued to find out, though.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

I have both, but have never played through the floppy version, so can't say beyond the CDA track.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Spikey
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Spikey »

MusicallyInspired wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:20 am He probably means like Goblins 3 had some different assets and dialogue. The NA floppy version had a completely different title screen (checkerboard background similar to the box cover with a brawler goblin from level 2) and dialogue than the European version which had a bunch of credits and an image of Wolfie in a circle like the CD version (kind of like Gobliins 2's logo) and completely different dialogue (probably translated from French differently). Actually, some of the text I was always confused about in the NA version made more sense in the European version's translation.

I'm afraid I have only played one floppy version of Lost in Time, though. So I don't know. I'm very intrigued to find out, though.
Yeah, those kind of more subtle differences are the ones I'm looking for! I hate that feeling when booting up an old game and somewhere along the line feeling "wait, this isn't how I remember it." It is like listening to an album version of a song where you would expect the radio edit. I will try and track down all versions of Lost in Time I guess to try and compare.

Also... I never knew that about Goblins 3. Thanks MI, another slew of versions of games no one but us cares about I have to track down! :lol:

By the way, I uncovered the pirate from my dusty collection where this game is on! So I still have the version of LiT I used to play. By the time I got this, I already had many of these games in other forms, but still, for 1 CD, it was a good collection back in the day. It was called "Oh no more games 03", I looked it up, it was distributed by some specifically Dutch pirate. Many of the games were hacked and cracked to annull the copy protection, but for example, the Colonel's Bequest contained a "Word Perfect" file with the fingerprints. :lol: That is seriously cool now, isn't it. These were the games on it (ripped this index from the web);

Coktel

Gobliiins
Gobliins 2
Goblins 3
INCA
INCA II
Lost in Time
Ween: The Prophecy

Dynamix

A10 Tank Killer Enhanced +
Aces of the Pacific +
Aces over Europe
Betrayal at Krondor
Front Page Sports Football Pro
Heart of China
The Incredible Machine (deluxe)
Nova 9
Red Baron
Rise of the Dragon
Stellar 7
Tiny Toons
Willy Beamish

Gamearts

Silpheed
Sorcerian
Thexder
Thexder II
Zeliard

Sierra

Astro Chicken (from SQ3)
Astro Chicken II (from SQ4)
The Black Cauldron
Castle of Dr. Brain
Codename: Iceman
The Colonel's Bequest
Conquests of Camelot
Conquests of the Longbow
Eco Quest I
Eco Quest II
Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist
Gabriel Knight
Goldrush
Hoyle's Book of games vol. I
Hoyle's Book of games vol. II
Hoyle's Book of games vol. III
Hoyle's Classic
Island of Dr. Brain
Jones in the Fast Lane
King's Quest (+Enhanced version)
King's Quest II
King's Quest III
King's Quest IV
King's Quest V (+ CDROM version)
King's Quest VI
Laura Bow II
Leisure Suit Larry (+VGA version)
Leisure Suit Larry II
Leisure Suit Larry III
Leisure Suit Larry V
Leisure Suit Larry VI
Man Hunter New York
Man Hunter San Francisco
Mega Math
Mixed-up Fairy Tales
Mixed-up Mother Goose (+VGA CDROM version)
Oil's Well
Police Quest (+VGA version)
Police Quest II
Police Quest III
Police Quest IV
Slater & Charlie go Camping
Space Quest (+VGA version)
Space Quest II
Space Quest III
Space Quest IV
Space Quest V
Turbo Science
Twisty History
Quest for Glory / Hero's Quest (+VGA version)
Quest for Glory II
Quest for Glory III
Quest for Glory IV
Christmas Demo '90
Christmas Demo '92

Sierra.win

Alphabet Blocks
Beginning Reading
Yobi's Basic Spelling Tricks
Hoyles Classic
Johnny Castaway screensaver
Kid's Typing
Take-A-Break Pinball
Take-A-Break Crosswords
The Even More Incredible Machine

There are a few quirks here and there, Pepper is called "Twisty History" for example.

Return to “Lost in Time”