Can't Help Tanya!

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
SierraDude81
Sierra Lover

Can't Help Tanya!

Post by SierraDude81 »

I'm playing for the first time as a pure wizard. I've done this part several times and can't figure out why I can't tell Tanya about the Staff of Erana so I can bring her back to life. I get the doll from the domovoi, and I talk to Magda and learn of the Destiny
Spell, and when the domovoi says to go to the castle I did. And usually I just give Vana to Tanya and then am able to tell her about the staff. Is there an additional step I'm missing as a wizard?
The Procestuousity begins here!
jujigatame
Sierra Lover

Re: Can't Help Tanya!

Post by jujigatame »

Oh my god this thread takes me back. When I got QFG4 for what I believe was my 14th birthday (this was quite a while ago) I first played it through with the fighter class. Then I started from the beginning with the magic user class. I got stuck at the very same part!! I went back and forth doing all the required actions over and over again, and could never get to the point where I had the option to tell her about the staff and the sacrifice spell. I eventually just gave up and never completed the game with the magic user.

Sorry to not offer any useful information, but you just brought a bunch of memories flooding back. Hopefully someone can give you an answer. I'd love to know myself.
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Re: Can't Help Tanya!

Post by Datadog »

Have you met with the elves in the forest yet? One screen south of Erana's Garden at night, you'll sometimes find elves conspiring to use you to get Erana's Staff, and this is exclusive to the Wizard role. I recall that you need the staff in order to eventually beat them and get one of the rituals, so maybe you can't get the staff until after meeting with them first.

Return to “The Quest for Glory Series”