Manhunter (And The Future That Almost Happened)

Checking MAD not giving you the answers you need, and you find yourself getting mad? Check here Manhunter, for more clues...
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Manhunter (And The Future That Almost Happened)

Post by Tawmis »

On FB, I was looking for a HQ picture of the trio in their robes for someone who was asking... and began poking around and stumbled across this (November 2000) - :

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... mFHdSYTXog

Hi.
Just to set the record straight:

1. Evryware did not leave because of poor sales. Not to brag but... Manhunter was very profitable and actually was "Game of the Year for 1986".

We are now contacting Sierra about the rights (as JuntMonkey) said, to redo the originals and hopefully carry-on due to high demand. As little information as I can give, it will most likely use the Wild Tangent engine and will be release in small "episodes" (days, if you know the series) and available for download. The first will be free and the next will be very cheap, maybe $1 or $2.

2. The Link for Manhunter 3 was taken down because we decided to remake the originals like I said.

3. Where did Evryware go? We decided to focus on web design and are now also working with record companies and independent artists.

One more thing, we are looking for modelers, level designers, and texturers for the game. If you are interested, contact me.

-Thanks
--Michael Murry
--Evryware Inc.
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Re: Manhunter (And The Future That Almost Happened)

Post by notbobsmith »

I do remember learning about a proposed Manhunter 3 in the early 2000s. I think by that time it had already fallen through. There was a webpage for it, but a flash animation that was there had already been disabled when I learned of it. I wonder if it was an issue with getting the rights from Sierra.

I took a look at Evryware's webpage just now. The front page is still there, but it looks like it reverted back to what it was a few years ago. They had released The Ancient Art of War for mobile devices pretty recently and had information for it on their homepage, but that is gone now. All of the links on the homepage now are dead.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Manhunter (And The Future That Almost Happened)

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:25 pm I do remember learning about a proposed Manhunter 3 in the early 2000s. I think by that time it had already fallen through. There was a webpage for it, but a flash animation that was there had already been disabled when I learned of it. I wonder if it was an issue with getting the rights from Sierra.

I took a look at Evryware's webpage just now. The front page is still there, but it looks like it reverted back to what it was a few years ago. They had released The Ancient Art of War for mobile devices pretty recently and had information for it on their homepage, but that is gone now. All of the links on the homepage now are dead.
I noticed that as well. I even went to archive.org to go to the Manhunter 3 url - but it was never archived.

Return to “The Manhunter Games”