introduction

Voodoo got the best of you? Need a hint? Want to talk about Gabriel Knight? This is the place to do it!
albertix
Noob

introduction

Post by albertix »

Hi everybody!
Wonderful to find some fellow-Sierra-fans and especially Gabriel Knight.
I am Albert, an old (very old, 58 :)) dutch retired social worker and longtime gameplayer. Strangely, though I fully know Sierra, I missed GK back in the day. I just recently picked it up and started -almost in reverse- with GK1 the 20th anniversay version and loved it. Especially Gabriel's spinning head, how appropriate -I know, it's a glitch, as well as the gliding and constantly sitting and standing up, didn't bother me. It started me on the entire series and I loved playing the GK1 original demo and full version, marvelous artwork and storytelling. Had no idea Tim Curry and other celebs were involved.
Now moving on to The Beast Within and boy, that's a huge change: live-actors and an incredibly agressive Grace who -judging by her eyes- seemed on ....something. Ploughing on though with the help of an official -even dutch!- guide. The story is still fascinating.
Being a hopeless collector, I started diggin' up data about GK online, games, magazine scans, props, ravaging the archive and more. I particularly loooove original art (and props/making of, storyboards, concepts, etc) and did manage to find some online -physical ones are scarce and probably very expensive. And thus amounted an archive of -running- about 25 gb , including games that is. Love to share, fandom is after all about sharing, preserving and restoring and havin fun.
Glad to be onboard. Stay safe y'all.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: introduction

Post by Tawmis »

albertix wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:10 am Hi everybody!
Wonderful to find some fellow-Sierra-fans and especially Gabriel Knight.
I am Albert, an old (very old, 58 :)) dutch retired social worker and longtime gameplayer. Strangely, though I fully know Sierra, I missed GK back in the day. I just recently picked it up and started -almost in reverse- with GK1 the 20th anniversay version and loved it. Especially Gabriel's spinning head, how appropriate -I know, it's a glitch, as well as the gliding and constantly sitting and standing up, didn't bother me. It started me on the entire series and I loved playing the GK1 original demo and full version, marvelous artwork and storytelling. Had no idea Tim Curry and other celebs were involved.
Now moving on to The Beast Within and boy, that's a huge change: live-actors and an incredibly agressive Grace who -judging by her eyes- seemed on ....something. Ploughing on though with the help of an official -even dutch!- guide. The story is still fascinating.
Being a hopeless collector, I started diggin' up data about GK online, games, magazine scans, props, ravaging the archive and more. I particularly loooove original art (and props/making of, storyboards, concepts, etc) and did manage to find some online -physical ones are scarce and probably very expensive. And thus amounted an archive of -running- about 25 gb , including games that is. Love to share, fandom is after all about sharing, preserving and restoring and havin fun.
Glad to be onboard. Stay safe y'all.
Glad to have you aboard!
In many ways I am envious - discovering GK recently - lets you experience it all for the first time. GK always felt like a movie I was a part of when I played it because it's so well done.

Return to “The Gabriel Knight Series”