Report forum or site issues.

Notices and what's new on SHP and the forums
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Who/What am I? (The Yes/No) Game.

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:58 am His last login was 12/27/22 at 5:05pm (I assume Eastern time since that is where I am). Can you tell what he did at that time? This would have been the time when he made the post. Is there a record of it?
No, it doesn't have any "tracking" for any posts done - it will, if a post is deleted by someone (whether user or admin) - but there was nothing there.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: Report forum or site issues.

Post by Rath Darkblade »

How weird. :shock: And yes, I did reply "Yes" in that thread.

By the way, I'm not sure what's going on -- but the old forum still works for me? *shrug* I'm using Microsoft Edge, and the old forum loads just fine.

It doesn't work for me in Chrome, but that's not a new issue. (In fact, I started using Edge exactly for that reason). ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:52 pm How weird. :shock: And yes, I did reply "Yes" in that thread.
So. It dawned on me. With Rath being in Australia, I wonder if the time difference was breaking something. Because his posts were "in the future" - which led me down a rabbit hole.
And I found a thread - where QUITE A FEW people were reporting the same error.
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=657755

And one of the people mentioned a "bad time clock"...
But you'd think that'd be every post? Assuming Rath, you're posting from the same machine always.
But next time, you do reply (from your machine) - can you note the date after it posts?
See if it seems off? Maybe not by years, but maybe hours or something?
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Sure. In fact, I just replied to Collector on the Wikis and SHP Forums Restored thread. The date/time was Dec 29, 2022 and 5:24 pm. Here's a screenshot:
2.png
2.png (6.26 KiB) Viewed 46128 times
And yes, I always post from the same machine. (You mean, I'm posting from the future? Huzzah! :D I always thought that DeLorean would be good for something). ;)
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Is that date and time your local time?

Just out of curiosity, what time zone are you in? I had to check Wikipedia, and I guess Australia has 3. Some have half-hour increments and some do not have daylight savings time.
Australia-states-timezones.png
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Yes, that date/time is my local time.

I'm in the +10 time-zone - but that map is inaccurate, since it leaves out Victoria (the wonky triangle-shaped state, at the bottom right) and Tasmania (the other wonky triangle-shaped island). ;) Both VIC (Victoria) and TAS (Tasmania) are +10.

Just out of curiosity, where did this map come from? No Australian map I know has ever left out two states! :)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I'm experiencing time-outs as well - but this time with the new URL (see below):
Lots of time-outs this morning!
Lots of time-outs this morning!
Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm getting this time-out error every time I try to do something with the forum, like login, open a thread, or post a response. :( Once I reload the page, everything seems to be normal again. But ... what the heck? *shrug*

EDIT: Moved this to the issues thread. - Tawmis
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:44 pm Just out of curiosity, where did this map come from? No Australian map I know has ever left out two states! :)
You need to watch Catfish and learn about reverse google search. :lol:
(Mind you, it's a joke - because it's one of the big things they do on the show to see if profiles are real) :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Australia
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:48 pm I'm experiencing time-outs as well - but this time with the new URL (see below):
Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm getting this time-out error every time I try to do something with the forum, like login, open a thread, or post a response. :( Once I reload the page, everything seems to be normal again. But ... what the heck? *shrug*
I am pretty sure this is a provider (hosting site) issue. Because my Wordpress for my game has been non stop "Bad Gateway" errors left and right since last night.

So I believe it's something with Arvixe having issues.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:29 am Sure.
And yes, I always post from the same machine.
I'd say keep ... uh, keeping track. (Ye don't have to post it - maybe in a Word doc or something?)
So the next (few?) times it happens - we can see if there's a pattern of some kind.
I am convinced it's because of some weird time clock thing, because you being "so far in the future" :D
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

So far just once - but gonna keep track see if others see it:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 506: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 1836: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3268)

When trying to post.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Got it again.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 506: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 1836: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3268)

But the post still went through both times.
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

I just had the same thing:

I had to delete a few copies of the same post because it didn't know it was actually posting them.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:58 pm I just had the same thing:

I had to delete a few copies of the same post because it didn't know it was actually posting them.
Yeah - if ye hit back - it will say "Review posts that have been made" or something - and you will see your post.

I did some digging - and it's related to older versions of phpbb, which I believe Collector runs here on SHP.
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2515136
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

It may be a little late (sorry), but I've seen this error too.

I think it shows up more often if I try to use a non-standard English letters (like a "u" with an umlaut, as in this).

Return to “Announcements”