New Game: "Dumb Ways to Die in Sierra Games that No-one Told You About"

Just like the title says. Fun little forum related games and threads. Come in here and have some fun!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: New Game: "Dumb Ways to Die in Quest for Glory that No-one Told You About"

Post by Tawmis »

In Quest for Glory 2, he keeps asking the Katta if they wanna smoke some Catnip - they eventually get pissed and ban him from the city. He wanders, and eventually dies of starvation/dehydration.
Wait... that's not our hero...
egg13.png
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:42 am
Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:32 pm :lol: But I am curious. Which "other alley" is that? Whenever Larry goes into an alley, he is beaten up (except that alley behind the bar, where the dumpster is).
The other side of Lefty's will get you mugged. :)
You mean this?

I thought the thug just beat Larry up, not mugged him. :)

Quest for Glory 2. The hero gets the magic map of Shapeir. After putting it in his pocket, he walks into the streets, and quickly gets lost. He pulls out the map, only to find that it's a game of Snakes and Ladders! The hero quickly gets lost in the streets and starves to death.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:29 am
Tawmis wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:42 am
Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:32 pm :lol: But I am curious. Which "other alley" is that? Whenever Larry goes into an alley, he is beaten up (except that alley behind the bar, where the dumpster is).
The other side of Lefty's will get you mugged. :)
I mean, he could be beating up Larry for fun; but I assume, it's the idea of being mugged because you're in a dark alley.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Larry goes to meet his fiance' at the hotel in Leisure Suit Larry 1 and gets tied up... only to have Big Momma from Leisure Suit Larry 2, who in a twist of fate, was a cleaning lady at Lost Wages, come in and find Larry just how she likes her men...
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

In KQ1, Graham plants the magic beans inside the castle, killing all inside.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:26 am Larry goes to meet his fiance' at the hotel in Leisure Suit Larry 1 and gets tied up... only to have Big Momma from Leisure Suit Larry 2, who in a twist of fate, was a cleaning lady at Lost Wages, come in and find Larry just how she likes her men...
But then, in another twist of fate, Speedy Gonzales -- The Fastest Mouse In All Of Mexico!(TM) -- runs in and rescues Larry (to the strains of "La Cucaracha", no less!) :twisted:

What? One graphical character rescues another. It could happen ... ;)

(Oh, and on the way out, Speedy says "I like that Big Momma Loco! She is silly!")
======================
Quest for Glory 2. The hero visits the money changer. He doesn't realise it, but she gives him Monopoly money. When he tries to buy something, he is arrested for forgery.
Last edited by Rath Darkblade on Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:51 am In KQ1, Graham plants the magic beans inside the castle, killing all inside.
In King's Quest 1, Graham EATS the magic beans that grow inside of him and rip him apart.

That feels very much like a Space Quest death...
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Acck. And if we follow this to its logical conclusion ... in King's Quest 1, Graham eats the magic beans. Nothing bad happens for an hour or two (game-time), until you suddenly get the message: "Graham urgently needs to go to the bathroom."

But there is no bathroom in the game, until you find one in the gnome's tree ... and the gnome hospitably says, "Go ahead, Graham" ... and surprisingly, the beans - um - exit Graham's system normally. But two seconds later, they grow out of the gnome's bathroom, into his house/tree, and rip the tree apart.

Graham is then arrested for ecological vandalism. :twisted: Too bad, Graham -- you can't save the land from inside a police cell. Try again. ;)

(Does this remind anyone - a little bit - of a LSL death?)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

In King's Quest 2 - Graham tries to tell a joke to Neptune and asks if he's "Kraken" him up. Neptune proceeds to drown Graham.

(Yes, one is Roman and one is Greek)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Ah, yes. I thought the Kraken originated in Viking times, but yes - it's much older than that! :)

Quest for Glory 2. The hero visits the Fighters' Guild and scratches Rakeesh behind the ears. Rakeesh purrs, but is then offended. He pulls out his Paladin Sword and kills the hero.

Then Rakeesh enters the Fighter's Guild, sees the dying hero, and kills Rakeesh. How is this possible? The first Rakeesh was only an evil doppelganger! The real Rakeesh would never kill someone. ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

in Space Quest 4, Roger Wilco goes so far back in time - he lands on the pre-historic times on Xenon.
As it turns out - the device no longer works, as technology ceases to exist, stranding Roger back in time - creating Space Quest 0: Lost In Time.
Sadly since that game never came out.
We can guess Roger died. Horribly. In that prehistoric Xenon.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I'm confused. Why would that be a dumb way to die? *puzzled* Roger didn't mean to go there, it sounds like an accident.

Quest for Glory 2 again! The hero visits the dervish in the desert and gets some of the dervish's beard.

Unfortunately, he tries so hard - and that thing is REALLY well attached! - that he pulls it all off. The dervish is so mad, he summons a Water Elemental that kills the hero.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:39 am I'm confused. Why would that be a dumb way to die? *puzzled* Roger didn't mean to go there, it sounds like an accident.
Well, how he died is left to the imagination - during the prehistoric times.
Also, most deaths in Sierra games are typically an accident.
Like falling down the stairs in any King's Quest game.
Picking up a sheet of metal and slicing your wrist open in Space Quest 3.
On and on and on...
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Ah, OK. I was thinking more of a death that's due to the hero (or Roger, or Graham etc.) doing obviously stupid things. ;) Playing with fire, or teasing a lion (or liontaur), etc.

Alternatively, the hero/Roger/etc. could do mean things, like waking up a sleeping woman ... which end badly (the woman kicks the hero in the unmentionables. Ow) :twisted:

So ... in Space Quest 2, Roger is on Sludge Vohaul's ship. He sees the robot polishing the floor. Just for fun, he tries to turn off the robot and steal its floor polish.

Amazingly, Roger manages to press the "OFF" button just before the robot turns him into slime and gunge. Next step is to take the robot apart. But the only tool Roger has is a hammer.

He hits the robot with the hammer ... which wakes the robot up ... and the robot runs over Roger. :twisted:

(The correct step would be:

Dismantle Robot with Hands.
I don't know the word "dismantle".

Take Robot Apart with Hands.
Oh yeah? Take this!

Punch robot.
Aggressive, aren't you?

Take polish.
Using all the resources at your command, you open the robot with your hands and take the polish. Congratulations, Roger! You now own a tube of polish.

And so on...) ;)
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

In PQ2, Sonny goes diving without any scuba gear. "I can hold my breath a long time!"

Return to “Community Games”