Let's Play Sierra Games - King's Quest.

Is the game being a ROYAL pain? Need a hint? Got a problem? This is the place to discuss King's Quest!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Let's Play Sierra Games - King's Quest.

Post by Tawmis »

So between the hours and hours of rendering videos - I returned to King's Quest, because my original videos for the channel were pretty shoddy.
So while GK2 Commentary was rendering, I returned to King's Quest 1 EGA...

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: Let's Play Sierra Games - King's Quest.

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Shoddy? How? *wonders* Do you mean the graphics? The graphics for the original KQ1 look primitive by today's standards, of course. But by the standards back then, they looked good. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:40 pm Shoddy? How? *wonders* Do you mean the graphics? The graphics for the original KQ1 look primitive by today's standards, of course. But by the standards back then, they looked good. :)
The way I rendered it originally.
Attachments
Supper blurry
Supper blurry
Way less blurry
Way less blurry
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Um. I replied to this thread this morning (and the GK2 one). And my replies are now gone? *blink*

All I was trying to say ... when you start KQ1, of course your quest is super blurry. You know that you have to seek 3 treasures, but you don't know anything about the land of Daventry. You haven't mapped it or explored it. It's ... *drum-roll* blurry! ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

I found I still had these "redos" I did of KQ1, 2 and 3...

And decide, while I wait for the QFGIV spliced ones to render, I'd do a commentary on that KQ1...

It's really just me, rambling. Like, a lot.

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Questions and Comments:

- "... you stuff the shield in your pocket." Um, how? Unless the shield is the size of a coin, in which case it wouldn't be very useful. :P
- The shield is described as having emeralds. But the picture doesn't show them.
- Don't take mushrooms at home. Oh, unless you buy them at the fruit-and-vegetable store. And then fry them. Then they're OK. ;) But yes, picking and eating any old mushrooms is probably not a good idea.
- The magic bean pole looks like a huge problem to climb. Why was it that way?
- The elf is impressed by your friendliness and gives you a magic ring ... just because you talk to it? That's one mighty generous elf.
- I can hear a dog bark from time to time. Ah, yes - that was Moxie May. (What, no pictures)? :D
- You missed a golden opportunity there: when you throw a stone at the giant and kill it, you could've saved the game as "Sling's Quest". ;)
- Isn't it possible to just cross the river?
- If there are knights standing around, why didn't King Edward send them to also find these things?
- How the heck does King Edward die? No witnesses. Maybe you poisoned him? Maybe you backstabbed him. King Graham the Assassin. Mwa ha ha ha ha! :twisted:

One last thought: I like that fake crown you have in the initial screen. :lol: Thanks for making this video :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:32 am - "... you stuff the shield in your pocket." Um, how? Unless the shield is the size of a coin, in which case it wouldn't be very useful. :P
It's like in Leisure Suit Larry, when he shoves the giant drink in his pocket, or Roger Wilco shoves an entire ladder in his pocket (at least he says "Ouch!" if I remember correctly) :D
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:32 am - Don't take mushrooms at home. Oh, unless you buy them at the fruit-and-vegetable store. And then fry them. Then they're OK. ;) But yes, picking and eating any old mushrooms is probably not a good idea.
LOL! Yes, I enjoy being silly as you can see.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:32 am - The magic bean pole looks like a huge problem to climb. Why was it that way?
It's the thing of nightmares. Makes stairs in King's Quest look like a walk in the park.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:32 am - The elf is impressed by your friendliness and gives you a magic ring ... just because you talk to it? That's one mighty generous elf.
Sir Graham has some charisma. :D
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:32 am - How the heck does King Edward die? No witnesses. Maybe you poisoned him? Maybe you backstabbed him. King Graham the Assassin. Mwa ha ha ha ha! :twisted:
Random thoughts and rambling. He just keels over in front of Graham, he takes the crown and sits on the throne.
Like... maybe call for a medic? Wait until the former King is buried?
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:32 am One last thought: I like that fake crown you have in the initial screen. :lol: Thanks for making this video :)
Hah! I've done that for most of my commentary videos. Made some edit like that. Like the Space Quest ones have me wearing a space helmet and such. :D

Figured I'd spice up the thumbnails with some silliness.

Return to “The King's Quest Series”