Would you Rather... Sierra Edition.

Just like the title says. Fun little forum related games and threads. Come in here and have some fun!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Would you Rather... Sierra Edition.

Post by Tawmis »

Not sure if this game will take off or not... but figured it came to me in a fit of insanity, see if there was interest.

It's a basic game where you are presented with two situations... but in this case, both must come from a Sierra game. And you cite which Sierra game you're referencing.

For example:

Would you rather (SQ2) crawl around a cave with a monster in it, holding a gem in your mouth... or (LSL1) sleep with a prostitute in Lost Wages?

The next person replies with what they would pick between the two.

Then comes up with two Sierra situations to post.

The situations can come from the same game, same line, different games, etc - they just need to somehow be Sierra (or Sierra "family of games" such as Dynamix, etc).

So I will start it off...

Would you rather (SQ2) crawl around a cave with a monster in it, holding a gem in your mouth... or (LSL1) sleep with a prostitute in Lost Wages?
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Re: Would you Rather... Sierra Edition.

Post by notbobsmith »

Definitely the monster. The prostitute probably has an entire alphabet of STIs.

Would you rather (PQ2) ride around in a car with Keith smoking all the time or (KQ5) have Cedric follow you wherever you go?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:48 pm Would you rather (PQ2) ride around in a car with Keith smoking all the time or (KQ5) have Cedric follow you wherever you go?
Heh. Both annoying. But Keith smoking is dangerous to my health. Cedric will at least try to warn me - sometimes incorrectly stating his words (poisonous vs venomous) - but he has the best intentions. Definitely would rather have Cedric at my side.

Would you rather -
Try to steer a submarine (Codename: Iceman) with someone breathing down your throat or be a servant boy to an evil Wizard (King's Quest III)?
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I've no idea about Codename: Iceman, or steering a submarine, but it's still preferable to serving Mahna-Mahna Man.

Would you rather ...

a) Talk to the Laibon (QfG3) and have to put up with him saying "Why did you come here, Friend of Rakeesh?" every few seconds; or
b) Talk to the Keapon Laffin (QfG2) and have to put up with his endless puns?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:50 am a) Talk to the Laibon (QfG3) and have to put up with him saying "Why did you come here, Friend of Rakeesh?" every few seconds; or
b) Talk to the Keapon Laffin (QfG2) and have to put up with his endless puns?
As I appreciate puns, I will take Option B, easily.

Would you rather...

Live in a haunted house where your significant other is going crazy/gets possessed (Phantasmagoria 1) or find yourself inside a whale's mouth, and have to climb his tongue to tickle his tonsils? (KQ4)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Since I have never played Phantasmagoria, I have no idea what that's like. (But I have seen The Shining with Jack Nicholson, so I'd rather not do that). So, by default ... KQ4. ;)

Would you rather ...

a) go through people's personal stuff in a creepy attic while threatened by a scary shadow (Laura Bow 1); OR
b) wander through sewers while being menaced by an acid blob (SQ4)?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:37 pm Since I have never played Phantasmagoria, I have no idea what that's like. (But I have seen The Shining with Jack Nicholson, so I'd rather not do that). So, by default ... KQ4. ;)

Would you rather ...

a) go through people's personal stuff in a creepy attic while threatened by a scary shadow (Laura Bow 1); OR
b) wander through sewers while being menaced by an acid blob (SQ4)?
Definitely attic.
Dying by acid seems like a horrible death. Give me a dagger to the heart, if I am to die.

Would you rather...
Become a werewolf and lose self control (GK2) or try to figure out how to catch a cat to get its fur (GK3)?

That one is a little personal since I am playing GK3 now. :D
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Tawmis wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:20 pm
Would you rather...
Become a werewolf and lose self control (GK2) or try to figure out how to catch a cat to get its fur (GK3)?
Gonna have to go with the cat. Being a werewolf is no fun. Eating people. Fleas.

Would you rather be trapped on an island with a killer on the loose (The Colonel's Bequest) or start to question if you are the killer (Phantasmagoria 2)?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:00 am Would you rather be trapped on an island with a killer on the loose (The Colonel's Bequest) or start to question if you are the killer (Phantasmagoria 2)?
Yeesh. Considering the situation in Phantasmagoria 2... I'd rather deal with a killer on the loose. I've watched enough "murder" shows... that I think I might survive. Unless running was involved. Then, it's just gonna be a fist fight. :D

Would you rather be eaten by a giant mushroom plant (SQ2) or kiss "the alien" on the ship (you know the one!) (SQ2)?
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Yeesh again. I suppose I'd rather be eaten by the giant mushroom. At least it would be quick and (relatively) painless. (I say 'relatively' because we don't know what happens inside the mushroom, but we do know what happens when the chest-burster bursts out of Roger's chest). :shock:

Would you rather ...

1. Be caught by Otto the Goon when you break into the sheriff's house (QfG1); or
2. Be caught by the sheriff when you break into his house (QfG1)?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

I think the Sheriff is the better route (I don't think I have ever seen either of these, if it's possible?) - mostly because Otto feels like he'd just rip your arms off, where as the Sheriff seems to be a far more reasonable person.

Would you rather find out that your best friend is a serial killer (Laura Bow 1) or have to travel the literal insides of your lover (Space Quest 6)?
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:14 am I think the Sheriff is the better route (I don't think I have ever seen either of these, if it's possible?) - mostly because Otto feels like he'd just rip your arms off, where as the Sheriff seems to be a far more reasonable person.
I take it you've never played QfG1 as a thief, then? ;) It's a lot of fun. But yes - if Otto catches you, he jumps on you before the Sheriff can intervene (and then you get locked up). If the Sheriff catches you, you fall down the stairs -- and then get locked up.
Tawmis wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:14 am Would you rather find out that your best friend is a serial killer (Laura Bow 1) or have to travel the literal insides of your lover (Space Quest 6)?
If travelling the literal insides of my lover was like SQ6 (i.e. it didn't stink), then I wouldn't mind. If it did (which I suspect it would), then I'd prefer the LB1 route. At least it wouldn't smell. ;)

You're playing a thief in QfG1. Would you rather:

a. ... steal the healing potions from the Healer (and get banned from visiting her, but hey - free potions, yay!); OR
b. ... brave the kitten-turned-leopard in the Old Lady's House (because hey, who doesn't like cats?) :P
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Gonna have to pass and let NBS answer, because I can't remember all the thief stuff (I've played all three, but it's been forever).
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Been a while since I've played a thief, but...

Losing access to the healer is too important. I'd take my chances with the cat.

In Gold Rush, would you rather take the land route or the sea route?
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Gonna have to pass and let Tawm answer, because I've never played Gold Rush. :D

Would you rather ...

1. ... pick up a horse manure pie (Freddy Pharkas); or
2. ... have a need for Preparation H (also Freddy Pharkas)? :P

Return to “Community Games”