Would you Rather... Sierra Edition.

Just like the title says. Fun little forum related games and threads. Come in here and have some fun!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Would you Rather... Sierra Edition.

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:23 am In Gold Rush, would you rather take the land route or the sea route?
Definitely would rather take the land route. The land, being more familiar, than the sea, and the areas you need to cross. Straight up land seemed like a safer idea (though death awaits no matter what) :D

Would you rather get demoted from your space position (SQ5) or be expected to be a hero and save the town (QFG1)?
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Um, don't you get demoted at the start of SQ6? *shrug* I never finished SQ5 (couldn't avoid the assassin), so I've no idea if that happens in SQ5 or not.

Regardless, I'd rather be expected to be a hero than get the Roger demotion in SQ6. At least the hero knows, roughly, what's expected of him. Roger, OTOH, gets stripped naked and has no idea what's coming up next.

Would you rather ...

1. ... pick up a horse manure pie (Freddy Pharkas); or
2. ... have a need for Preparation H (also Freddy Pharkas)? :P
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:24 am Um, don't you get demoted at the start of SQ6? *shrug* I never finished SQ5 (couldn't avoid the assassin), so I've no idea if that happens in SQ5 or not.

Regardless, I'd rather be expected to be a hero than get the Roger demotion in SQ6. At least the hero knows, roughly, what's expected of him. Roger, OTOH, gets stripped naked and has no idea what's coming up next.

Would you rather ...

You're right. Demotion is in SQ6. SQ5 ye get yer own ship.

As for yours - pick up horse poop.

Used to have a horse when I lived in Puerto Rico (well, it was my sister's).

Would you rather live in a fantasy land such as Daventry (KQ series) or explore endless space (SQ series)?
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:22 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:24 am .... Would you rather ...

As for yours - pick up horse poop.

Used to have a horse when I lived in Puerto Rico (well, it was my sister's).
All right, but Freddy actually picks up the horse poop with a paper bag (ick). That's a great way to get all kinds of infections. :shock: I'm sure you never had to do that ... right? :twisted:

Yes, horse poop is very smelly, but at least no-one has to touch it with their bare hands. There are shovels and things, right?
Tawmis wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:22 pm Would you rather live in a fantasy land such as Daventry (KQ series) or explore endless space (SQ series)?
Daventry. Daventry seems much more pleasant (and less deadly) than empty space. Even when Graham (or Alexander, etc.) show up, they hardly ever endanger people.

Would you rather ...

1. ... have to sit on an anthill (as Srini does in Freddy Pharkas);
2. ... have to put up with a bank as obviously corrupt as the one in Coarsegold (also in Freddy Pharkas)? ;)
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

I'd probably deal with the bank. If worse comes to worst, you could put everything under your mattress.

Would you rather be a fighter without a sword or a magic user with no more mana (QFG)?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:10 pm I'd probably deal with the bank. If worse comes to worst, you could put everything under your mattress.

Would you rather be a fighter without a sword or a magic user with no more mana (QFG)?
Fighter without a sword. Because at the very least you'd still have your strength. And I guess, you could acquire those throwing daggers that the brigand throws against the target board (without getting into a fight, if I remember correctly).

Would you rather spend an hour putting weird points and figuring out Jesus' bloodline in SIDNEY (GK3) or hunt down a potential werewolf (GK2)?
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

notbobsmith wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:10 pm I'd probably deal with the bank. If worse comes to worst, you could put everything under your mattress.

Magic user with no more mana. You can run away and recover your mana, then try again. :) But if you're a fighter with no sword, you're screwed.
Tawmis wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:11 am Would you rather spend an hour putting weird points and figuring out Jesus' bloodline in SIDNEY (GK3) or hunt down a potential werewolf (GK2)?
Is that what I was doing in SIDNEY? I forget. :| Hunt down the werewolf, I guess. It's simpler.

Would you rather fight Dr John's snake (GK1) or run away from the mummies (GK1)? :shock:
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:07 pm Would you rather fight Dr John's snake (GK1) or run away from the mummies (GK1)? :shock:
Snake, because it's far less frightening than the supernatural. :D

Would you rather try to grab a pendulum (GK3) know if you miss you die; or fight off the demon/fallen angel/whatever Asmodeus who wants to snap you in half (GK3)?
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Neither, really. They're both incredibly risky things. I prefer to leave those to the "professionals" like Gabriel. :P

Would you rather be dumped by a jerk like Eve and only have a dollar left in the world (LSL2) or have her dog pee on you to boot (also LSL2)? ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:01 am Neither, really. They're both incredibly risky things. I prefer to leave those to the "professionals" like Gabriel. :P

Would you rather be dumped by a jerk like Eve and only have a dollar left in the world (LSL2) or have her dog pee on you to boot (also LSL2)? ;)
Well, naturally, everyone would select "Neither" in most of these cases. That's going the cheap route.

It'd be like me saying neither to being dumped or being peed on.

Kind of ruins the fun of the game.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:01 am Neither, really. They're both incredibly risky things. I prefer to leave those to the "professionals" like Gabriel. :P

I'd rather get peed on. It's happened before (welcome to dog parks!) Heartbreak is much more difficult to deal with and get over.

Would you rather spend an entire night in a place like Lost Wages (LSL1) or would you rather spend your time in (Mordovia? The undead place in QFG4? Whatever it's called) :D
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Fair enough. But neither heartbreak nor a dog peeing on you are likely to kill you instantly, like the pendulum or that demon thing in GK3. ;)

I'd rather spend a night in Lost Wages than in Mordavia. People in Lost Wages might cheat you, mug you, tie you up and steal your wallet, but at least they won't rise from the dead and disembowel you, or cast spells at you. ;) I think that's fair, don't you?

Would you rather have a holiday in Spielburg (QfG1) or Shapeir (QfG2)?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:18 am Would you rather have a holiday in Spielburg (QfG1) or Shapeir (QfG2)?
Do they show holidays in either of those? I don't remember one in QFG1, for sure.

But based on my hatred of QFG2, I'd rather Holiday in Speilburg. Overall, nicer setting too.

Would you rather be stuck as a troll (Rosella, KQ7) or be stranded on an island (the one with the broken boat where the bridle is found) (KQ4)?
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I've never played KQ7, so I don't know what Rosella-as-a-troll looks like, or how she stops being a troll. (Does the administrator ban her for a few days?) ;) So, I guess I'd rather be stranded on an island.

Would you rather be stuck in a room with only Cedric for company (KQ5) or only Yorick the Jester for company (QfG1)?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:32 pm Would you rather be stuck in a room with only Cedric for company (KQ5) or only Yorick the Jester for company (QfG1)?
Cedric, any day. He's at least helpful and not sarcastic 24/7.

Would you rather live in Speilburg (QFG1) or Daventry (KQ1)?

Return to “Community Games”