Let's Play Sierra Games - Quest for Glory II

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
goatmeal
Sierra Veteran

Re: Let's Play Sierra Games - Quest for Glory II

Post by goatmeal »

Since we're talking about QFG2...

I had the following picture back in June 2022 as a random Windows 10 Spotlight Log-in screen for the day. Except for the watering hole, it's a real-life "Julanar in the Shaperian Desert" scene:

I found the stock photo it came from and according to the filename, it's the "Guelta d'Archei waterhole near oasis, Ennedi Plateau, Chad, Africa."

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

goatmeal wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:27 pm Since we're talking about QFG2...
I had the following picture back in June 2022 as a random Windows 10 Spotlight Log-in screen for the day. Except for the watering hole, it's a real-life "Julanar in the Shaperian Desert" scene:
Trippy! Even has the gap in the rocks just past it.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I'm surprised. I wouldn't have thought you'd have the option, if Rakeesh doesn't speak up for you. All's well that ends well. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:23 pm I'm surprised. I wouldn't have thought you'd have the option, if Rakeesh doesn't speak up for you. All's well that ends well. :)
I think it even asks what class ye wanna be going into QFG3 Import.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Yeah - it asks whatever class ye wanna be.
Attachments
QFG3.png
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Whoo hoo! My channel finally hit 500 (well, a little over now).

Now if I make it to double that, I can actually try to monetize my Sierra obsession.

EDIT: Sigh. Gif doesn't animate unless ye click it. Not worth it. :D
Attachments
unnamed.gif
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

This makes me laugh. Apparently in part 2 of my commentary I use "vulture" and "griffon" (when I mean griffon) interchangeably - and believe it or not before uploading part 3 - I freaking did it again (and I have NO idea why!) - but decided, "You know what... I can make a game of this." Count how many times I say "vulture" rather than griffon and comment on the video if you're so inclined. I groaned each time I heard "and the vulture"... lol ANYWAY - here's part 3 of 8 of the Quest for Glory II Commentary... Enjoy!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

And I couldn't sleep last night... So I did part 4 too.
Part IV I actually talk about the actual game play going on, less rambling, and less facts about Quest for Glory II.

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:05 pm Whoo hoo! My channel finally hit 500 (well, a little over now).

Now if I make it to double that, I can actually try to monetize my Sierra obsession.

EDIT: Sigh. Gif doesn't animate unless ye click it. Not worth it. :D
*clicks the gif anyway*

Celebrate good times, come on ... *dances* ;)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

goatmeal wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:27 pm Since we're talking about QFG2...

I found the stock photo it came from and according to the filename, it's the "Guelta d'Archei waterhole near oasis, Ennedi Plateau, Chad, Africa."

Where is this, goatmeal? *very, very curious* ;)
goatmeal
Sierra Veteran

Post by goatmeal »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:38 pm
goatmeal wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:27 pm
<PIC 1 -- SNIP!>

<PIC 2 -- SNIP!>
See above. Or ask Salim in Tarna. I hear he's planning a trip there in the very near future... ;)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

goatmeal wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:39 pm
<PIC 1 -- SNIP!>

<PIC 2 -- SNIP!>
See above. Or ask Salim in Tarna. I hear he's planning a trip there in the very near future... ;)
Yes, Shapeir's desert. :| I mean on earth! ;)

(Besides, it can't be the Shapeirian desert, because there's a lake next to the tree) :P
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:09 am
goatmeal wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:39 pm
<PIC 1 -- SNIP!>

<PIC 2 -- SNIP!>
Yes, Shapeir's desert. :| I mean on earth! ;)

(Besides, it can't be the Shapeirian desert, because there's a lake next to the tree) :P
It's in the post with the photos:

"Guelta d'Archei waterhole near oasis, Ennedi Plateau, Chad, Africa."
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Whoops! I guess I missed it. *blush*
Tawmis wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:13 am This makes me laugh. Apparently in part 2 of my commentary I use "vulture" and "griffon" (when I mean griffon) interchangeably - and believe it or not before uploading part 3 - I freaking did it again (and I have NO idea why!) - but decided, "You know what... I can make a game of this." Count how many times I say "vulture" rather than griffon and comment on the video if you're so inclined. I groaned each time I heard "and the vulture"... lol ANYWAY - here's part 3 of 8 of the Quest for Glory II Commentary... Enjoy!
This is fun. Thanks, Tawm! :)

The poison cure pill is not useless. :) If the giant scorpion waggles his claws, you know you're about to be stung, so dodge.

You can also use the poison cure pills during combat.

It's not a wooden hall, it's a stone hall. :-) If it stays in the open, it can dodge your water.

You have to spray him with water first. That reduces his strength, and you can force him into the lamp, since it can't get away - it's too small and weak. :P

Gas in the late 80s cost you 97 cents a gallon?! :shock: I wish gas was still at that level. In the late 80s, I wasn't buying gas (I was only a teenager back then), but by mid-to-late-90s, gas here was 80 cents (53c USD) a litre. It's now closer to $2 ($1.33 USD a litre).

But to put it in perspective, one litre is about 0.22 gallons. So one gallon is about 5 litres ... so $1.33 USD a litre means about USD $6.065 a gallon. Which is outrageous. :x *shakes fist at fershlugginer gas companies*

Bark, bark, bark! :D Pizza guy is here! ;) Bark!

Hook a left and pass the vulture. :lol: Ah, just hook a left and get back to where the griffin - not the vulture - is! :D

The tree woman's name is Julanar. (Ju-lah-nar). ;)

Hmm. You want to exchange the centimes to dinars with Dinarzad? Have you tried "change money"? *shrug* Worth a try.
goatmeal
Sierra Veteran

Post by goatmeal »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:49 am
Gas in the late 80s cost you 97 cents a gallon?! :shock: I wish gas was still at that level. In the late 80s, I wasn't buying gas (I was only a teenager back then), but by mid-to-late-90s, gas here was 80 cents (53c USD) a litre. It's now closer to $2 ($1.33 USD a litre).

But to put it in perspective, one litre is about 0.22 gallons. So one gallon is about 5 litres ... so $1.33 USD a litre means about USD $6.065 a gallon. Which is outrageous. :x *shakes fist at fershlugginer gas companies*
Now, now, now... Let's not forget all of the generous taxes and fees that governments put on both you AND those "fershlugginer gas companies" that add to the cost of gas/petrol. It's not necessarily ALL a conspiracy by "Big Oil"... "Big Goverment" has a rather large part to play in this, too. ;)

And one liter is about 0.2642 gallons. 1 Gallon = 3.78541 L. So, $1.33 USD/L is about $5.03 USD/gal.

(An easy mnemonic device I came up with on a calculator keypad for the decimal portion is => 7 > 8 down to 5 > 4 down to 1. It makes like a question mark without the bottom dot.)

I guess a liter (0.2642 gal) is slightly bigger than a litre (0.22 gal) ? :lol:

Recently paid $3.009 USD/gal the other day, so that would be approximately $0.795 USD/L... which is STILL too high.
Last edited by goatmeal on Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Quest for Glory Series”