Let's Play Sierra Games - Quest for Glory II

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
goatmeal
Sierra Veteran

Re: Let's Play Sierra Games - Quest for Glory II

Post by goatmeal »

Tawmis wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:14 am
Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:09 am
goatmeal wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:39 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:38 pm
goatmeal wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:27 pm
<PIC 1 -- SNIP!>

I found the stock photo it came from and according to the filename, it's the "Guelta d'Archei waterhole near oasis, Ennedi Plateau, Chad, Africa."

<PIC 2 -- SNIP!>
Where is this, goatmeal? *very, very curious* ;)
See above. Or ask Salim in Tarna. I hear he's planning a trip there in the very near future... ;)
Yes, Shapeir's desert. :| I mean on earth! ;)

(Besides, it can't be the Shapeirian desert, because there's a lake next to the tree) :P
It's in the post with the photos:

"Guelta d'Archei waterhole near oasis, Ennedi Plateau, Chad, Africa."
Thanks, Tawmis. I was afraid this was going to turn into a "Who's On First" type of thread. :lol:

Here is the location on Google Earth:

https://earth.google.com/web/search/Gue ... TDintLwCgC
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

I've finally crested over the half way mark of my Quest for Glory II commentary! If you're willing to sit through 30 minutes, I have just the video for you! Enjoy as I give away all my money, and go fight wave after wave of monsters that have no money to give!
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

"If you were super bored and want to listen to me for 11 hours and 22 minutes..." You're not super-boring. :D

You're not going to talk for 11 hours and 22 minutes? ;) Why on earth not? :lol:

Um, IIRC, Intelligence doesn't rise when you practice your swordplay with Uhura. Intelligence is a Wizard thing. The more Intelligence you have, the more Mana you have. :)

Ah yes, the 'vulture' thing. :lol:

Um, you mentioned that you're fighting out in the <forest>? But no monsters with coins. The game is thumbing its nose at you and going "HA-ha! No money for you!" :P

Yay! You klled the jackalwere and lots of claws from ghouls! :D

A ghoul in your face would be really terrifying. Draining your stamina just by touching you. :shock:

Thanks, Tawm! :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:52 am "If you were super bored and want to listen to me for 11 hours and 22 minutes..." You're not super-boring. :D
You're not going to talk for 11 hours and 22 minutes? ;) Why on earth not? :lol:
Um, IIRC, Intelligence doesn't rise when you practice your swordplay with Uhura. Intelligence is a Wizard thing. The more Intelligence you have, the more Mana you have. :)
Ah yes, the 'vulture' thing. :lol:
So - in one of the things - my Intelligence did go up during training with Uhura. I assume, it assumes, you're learning combat, so your intelligence rises. I know for a fact that Intelligence rises doing other things, or else I'd have the same intelligence I started with in Hero's Quest. So I think Intelligence randomly goes up just throughout the game, as you do things.
And wanted to acknowledge how you pointed out I called the griffon a vulture. :)
And someone in one of the comments said I have a very ASMR voice (in the 2 of 8 episode).
Per the googles -
Coined in 2010, ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) is a relaxing, often sedative sensation that begins on the scalp and moves down the body. Also known as "brain massage," it's triggered by placid sights and sounds such as whispers, accents, and crackles.
So that was flattering.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Random thought: would a ghoul in your face look something like the zombie from Space Quest 4? :shock:

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:15 am Random thought: would a ghoul in your face look something like the zombie from Space Quest 4? :shock:
Yes, but much less flesh. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Sigh. The channel is doing really well. But if I had like another 450 subscribers, I could then actually TRY to monetize my channel too. Which would be amazing.
Attachments
2023-04-05 09_29_53-LetsPlay SierraGames, your April Creator Monthly Newsletter is here - letsplaysi.png
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I'm not surprised your channel is doing well. QfG2 is a good game, even today. ;)

i don't know how you could attract another 450 subscribers.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:35 pm i don't know how you could attract another 450 subscribers.
The more games I do - the more chance someone searches Youtube and finds it, and potentially subscribes.

I already spam facebook, and use LarryLaffer.net to promote the channel too.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

All right - we're now on 6 of 8. This one I put in a silly intro in the beginning! This one is all game talk! And I get silly about some of it!
Please swing by, giving it a view, a like, and maybe a subscribe if you haven't already! <3

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

:lol: I love the silly intro. :D Here's hoping your subscribers do too! :)

Yes, I noticed you created 5 videos or so in quick succession and then took a break. That's fine. There's nothing wrong with that - you need a rest, and your voice needs a rest, and that's fine. :)

I know YouTube says you have to pump out lots and lots of content. (I can just imagine YouTube as a greedy child or villain hamming it up - MORE content! TASTY content! YUMMY CONTENT! MORE MORE MORE!!! MWAHAHAH!!!) :twisted: But, hey - everyone needs a break.

When I started creating videos, I realised quickly that doing it was very time-consuming. (I haven't put them on YouTube yet ... because some of the comments I saw in the YouTube comment section started scaring me a little. People going absolutely nuts, having a go at the content creator, making comments about his/her sexuality, political views, and what-not. :shock: So I thought - if that's what it's like, I won't bother. Criticism is one thing, but craziness is crazy. :P That's not what YouTube is like, is it?) *hopeful*

Rakeesh's fiery sword is called Soulforge. :)

You can beat the earth elemental without the flaming sword. (If you're a warrior, you should get it). ;) If you're not a warrior, the solution is different. If you're a wizard, you cast lots of flame darts. If you're a thief, you throw lots of rocks.

You can't ride your saurus into the town, the guard will stop you and say he'll stable the saurus. You don't want saurus poop all over the place. :lol:

:lol: "Captain's log - day 13." ;) I don't know why, but I like that little Star Trek thing. :D

The money changer isn't there because it's too early. She doesn't open at dawn. She likes sleeping in. ;)

:lol: Griffin <> Vulture. ;)

I've no idea what the astrologer is there for, either. I've played as both a thief and a wizard, and the astrologer still says the same thing. "Your future isn't all that great. Consider becoming an accountant." :P

By the way, you don't have to say "thank you" to Aziza all the time. ;) Just don't insult her outright, and say "farewell" or "bye", and you'll be fine.

(Also, I'm surprised that your hero drinks tea all the time, but never has to empty his bladder. Hey, look! It's the Hero with the Never-Ending Bladder!) ;)

:lol: Can you tip the guard for parking your saurus? ;)

:lol: "Gotta stay hydrated, people! Stay hydrated!"

Are we about to save someone who's worthy and noble and admirable? Fat chance of that. ;)

Ah yes, the scene where the beast shows you your innards in a most callous manner. Reminds me of Oghren in "Dragon Age: Origins": "Let's show them our hearts, and then show them theirs!" :twisted:

The guy you saved is called Al Scurva, the former apprentice to Ad Avis. :twisted: I'm surprised he doesn't try to throw a spell at you.

Thanks, Tawm! :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:33 am :lol: I love the silly intro. :D Here's hoping your subscribers do too! :)
I had fun doing it. Think I am going to create one for each video going forward.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:33 am When I started creating videos, I realised quickly that doing it was very time-consuming. (I haven't put them on YouTube yet ... because some of the comments I saw in the YouTube comment section started scaring me a little. People going absolutely nuts, having a go at the content creator, making comments about his/her sexuality, political views, and what-not. :shock: So I thought - if that's what it's like, I won't bother. Criticism is one thing, but craziness is crazy. :P That's not what YouTube is like, is it?) *hopeful*
I mean, it depends on what kind of video you put out. If you put out a political video, yes.
If you put out a gaming video, not that I really see.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:33 am Rakeesh's fiery sword is called Soulforge. :)
Yeah, that! :D
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:33 am You can't ride your saurus into the town, the guard will stop you and say he'll stable the saurus. You don't want saurus poop all over the place. :lol:
:lol: "Captain's log - day 13." ;) I don't know why, but I like that little Star Trek thing. :D
:lol: "Gotta stay hydrated, people! Stay hydrated!"
I thought it'd be fun doing some silly comments like that...
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:33 am :lol: Griffin <> Vulture. ;)
LOL. A nod to you pointing that out to me. :D
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:33 am Are we about to save someone who's worthy and noble and admirable? Fat chance of that. ;)
Hopefully my sarcasm was evident. :D
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:33 amThanks, Tawm! :)
Thank ye for watching and commenting. :)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:02 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:33 am When I started creating videos, I realised quickly that doing it was very time-consuming. (I haven't put them on YouTube yet ... because some of the comments I saw in the YouTube comment section started scaring me a little. People going absolutely nuts, having a go at the content creator, making comments about his/her sexuality, political views, and what-not. :shock: So I thought - if that's what it's like, I won't bother. Criticism is one thing, but craziness is crazy. :P That's not what YouTube is like, is it?) *hopeful*
I mean, it depends on what kind of video you put out. If you put out a political video, yes.
If you put out a gaming video, not that I really see.
Hmm. I mean, most of the videos I created aren't political ... some are dramatic readings of long-ago political speeches (e.g. the Gettysburg Address, or the "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" speech), combined with paintings of the person giving the speech, photographs (if any), music, and so on. That's not political, is it? :) I mean, the issue at stake is long gone.

Others are even less controversial. I created a dramatic reading of Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart", the classic horror story of a murderer driven insane. (That's only controversial if the person listening has a weak stomach, and if so, why is he/she listening to a horror story?) ;)

Still others are just recordings of myself singing popular opera songs or Renaissance songs, along with orchestral or guitar backing. :) I recorded them because I happen to like them, and they're beautiful songs. :D They're only controversial if you also sing opera or Renaissance songs. How dare this guy sing the same song I do! :lol:

What do you think? :)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Here's a theme song I wrote for the "Let's Play Sierra Games" channel. :)

The "Sir Tawmis" business is to make it scan with the original, and also when I thought of you wearing knight's armour. (Hey, you've worn a pirate costume and a Jedi Knight's costume, so why not?) ;)

(to the tune of "The Transformers" theme song from the 80s)

It's Sir Tawmis --
plays Sierra games!
See him play, hear him comment
on Sierra games
from long ago --
no Decepticons!

It's Sir Tawmis --
Walk-thru in disguise!

It's Sir Tawmis --
he won't make you cry!

It's Sir Tawmis!
(playout)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:43 am Others are even less controversial. I created a dramatic reading of Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart", the classic horror story of a murderer driven insane. (That's only controversial if the person listening has a weak stomach, and if so, why is he/she listening to a horror story?) ;)
Still others are just recordings of myself singing popular opera songs or Renaissance songs, along with orchestral or guitar backing. :) I recorded them because I happen to like them, and they're beautiful songs. :D They're only controversial if you also sing opera or Renaissance songs. How dare this guy sing the same song I do! :lol:
What do you think? :)
I think it'd be safe to post. However, once you put something on the Internet, you have to expect some hate.
When I put out Neverending Nights, people complained the first episode was too big of a nod to RvB, the character's lips don't move when they talk, etc etc. In the end, I just kept doing it because I loved it - and the hate died away.

But even with my Sierra channel, someone recently in the Quest for Glory II one - where I talk about the artist who did the manual for Quest for Glory II (4 out 8 episode, I think? Maybe 3 out of 8?) - they said something, "I thought this was going to be about the game. Decided to stop wasting my time when it kept going on about comic books."

So even though to me, I thought it was relevant (because the artist wasn't someone they just picked at Sierra to draw), but the artist had an extensive history, and I was associating it to how I read and collected some of those very comics. So to me, I thought it was interesting to talk about rather than "There's me, fighting. Again. And see, I won. Now I am over here. Past the vulture - I mean, griffon. And fighting again. Won again. Ok, another screen. Oh, scorpions. Won again. Get those claws to sell them." etc etc

So what I thought would be cool to mention and delve into and explain how I thought it was cool to how it related to me, someone thought it was a waste of time, commented it was, and how they stopped watching.

So there's always going to be people that do that. And you will see videos that get dislikes, and yet you don't know why, if people don't comment.

So you almost have to ignore any negative (without actual good feedback) and the Like/Dislike ratio.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:31 pm Here's a theme song I wrote for the "Let's Play Sierra Games" channel. :)
The "Sir Tawmis" business is to make it scan with the original, and also when I thought of you wearing knight's armour. (Hey, you've worn a pirate costume and a Jedi Knight's costume, so why not?) ;)
(to the tune of "The Transformers" theme song from the 80s)
It's Sir Tawmis --
plays Sierra games!
See him play, hear him comment
on Sierra games
from long ago --
no Decepticons!
It's Sir Tawmis --
Walk-thru in disguise!
It's Sir Tawmis --
he won't make you cry!
It's Sir Tawmis!
(playout)
LOL! See this time you played to me, because you went with a song I clearly know.

I prefer this version of the song (video edit by yours truly) :D

Return to “The Quest for Glory Series”