Let's Play Sierra Games - Quest for Glory II

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: Let's Play Sierra Games - Quest for Glory II

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:21 am
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:43 am Others are even less controversial. I created a dramatic reading of Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart", the classic horror story of a murderer driven insane. (That's only controversial if the person listening has a weak stomach, and if so, why is he/she listening to a horror story?) ;)
Still others are just recordings of myself singing popular opera songs or Renaissance songs, along with orchestral or guitar backing. :) I recorded them because I happen to like them, and they're beautiful songs. :D They're only controversial if you also sing opera or Renaissance songs. How dare this guy sing the same song I do! :lol:
What do you think? :)
I think it'd be safe to post. However, once you put something on the Internet, you have to expect some hate... (etc.)
Fair enough. It's impossible to please everyone, so you don't need to try.

For what it's worth, I thought the background information about the Sierra artist was interesting as well as relevant. :) It would certainly be more interesting than describing everything you do (e.g. "I'm fighting. I'm walking. And fighting. And walking." etc.) ;)

If you did that, this guy would probably whine like a little kid. "This is BORING! Do something more interesting!" :roll:

I don't mind negative feedback, as long as it's constructive. But posts like "Boo, you suck!" etc... *shrug* They don't add anything. There's a thought: since it's my channel, can I delete posts like that? *curious*
Tawmis wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:21 am
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:31 pm Here's a theme song I wrote for the "Let's Play Sierra Games" channel. :)
The "Sir Tawmis" business is to make it scan with the original, and also when I thought of you wearing knight's armour. (Hey, you've worn a pirate costume and a Jedi Knight's costume, so why not?) ;)
(to the tune of "The Transformers" theme song from the 80s)

It's Sir Tawmis --
plays Sierra games!
See him play, hear him comment
on Sierra games
from long ago --
no Decepticons!

It's Sir Tawmis --
Walk-thru in disguise!

It's Sir Tawmis --
he won't make you cry!

It's Sir Tawmis!
(playout)
LOL! See this time you played to me, because you went with a song I clearly know.

I prefer this version of the song (video edit by yours truly) :D

Fair enough. The Lion version rocks. :D I can't understand a word they're saying, though, except when they sing the original lyrics ("Transformers! Robots in disguise" etc.)

I still like the original music. It reminds me of a simpler time, long ago, when I was a kid watching this cartoon ... and Starscream would always try to overthrow Megatron, fail miserably, and grovel for his life. Man, the original Starscream took a lot of abuse.

Starscream might even do nothing, and Megatron would yell "YOU LAZY DECEPTICON! YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME!!!" *BANG!* ;)

Megatron's Daily Timetable

1. Plot something, which Starscream ruins
2. Get beaten up by Optimus Prime in a really obvious way
3. Blame starscream because he ruined your plan
4. Beat Starscream up
5. Repair Starscream so you can beat him up every time he fails
6. Die for a short time so Starscream can take command
7. Come back to life as Galvatron and destroy Starscream yet again :P

Seriously, I'm impressed by Megatron's patience with Starscream. Especially when Starscream admits that he's stupid. ;)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Anyway ... I just had a few ideas (based on a top ten l wrote years ago: "Things Rakeesh Would Never Say"). Hope these make you smile. :)
Back off, sonny. I was here first.
Back off, sonny. I was here first.
While the cat's away.
While the cat's away.
New guy gets his chance.
New guy gets his chance.

I created some for Quest for Glory 3 and 5, too. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Heh - if the hero builds himself up - it's painfully.... easy. :D
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Hmm ... which one is painfully easy - getting your hero a date with Uhura, or getting Rakeesh a date with Uhura? ;)

It's not so easy to become a hero if you're playing a thief. :D Fighting monsters mano-a-mano? Forget it. Breaking into houses and stealing stuff? Easier, but there's always the danger of being caught. ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:31 pm Hmm ... which one is painfully easy - getting your hero a date with Uhura, or getting Rakeesh a date with Uhura? ;)
Well, since Uhura seems to prefer men of the feline nature, I'd say that's the more difficult date.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Next one is rendering now.

Has a new silly "I need subscribers" quick video which I think I am for sure going to keep doing going forward, because it's fun.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

All right folks! This video has a new silly video (something I started with the previous one!) - where something befalls our hero because I've not reached 1,000 subscribers! (Going to be honest, I am shocked I reached 500!) But I enjoy doing the quick silly video about subscribers in the front as an intro to the video - and unless people dislike it - will probably continue to make unique ones for each new video I do! In this episode, we deal with the Watery Elemental of Doom, as well as discover the EoF Organization! Come hang out and hear my thoughts about the game as I progress! And please, click SUBSCRIBE, LIKE, ring the Notification Bell, and SHARE this video (or channel!) around! It helps immensely!

As of posting this, Youtube is still rendering the HD version... but figured I'd post it.

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:06 pm All right folks! This video has a new silly video (something I started with the previous one!) - where something befalls our hero because I've not reached 1,000 subscribers! (Going to be honest, I am shocked I reached 500!) But I enjoy doing the quick silly video about subscribers in the front as an intro to the video - and unless people dislike it - will probably continue to make unique ones for each new video I do! In this episode, we deal with the Watery Elemental of Doom, as well as discover the EoF Organization! Come hang out and hear my thoughts about the game as I progress! And please, click SUBSCRIBE, LIKE, ring the Notification Bell, and SHARE this video (or channel!) around! It helps immensely!

As of posting this, Youtube is still rendering the HD version... but figured I'd post it.

Tawmis wrote:Mistakes that ... shock him... observe!
I'd rather say the hero made an ash of himself. ;-)
===============
The water elemental goes into the waterskin because there's nowhere else for it to go. :-) If it doesn't get water from the waterskin, there's no water anywhere else in the streets.
Tawmis wrote:...why does Rakeesh not suspect anything, because every time I leave, Uhura's pretty tired!
:lol: That's because the hero is not Larry. :P

"Hey, you've saved us all. Have a pin!" ;)

[ECHO]TRAINING MONTAGE![/ECHO] :lol:
Tawmis wrote:Someone on the Sierra Forums said that Intelligence doesn't go up...
:lol: I think that was me? ;)

Or maybe I was thinking of the "dumb fighter" stereotype.

Yes, you mentioned your immense dislike of Keapon Laffin. (His name translates as "Keep On Laughin'").
And yes, if you're playing a wizard (or a magic-using thief), Keapon Laffin is a godsend. You do need spells ... and the magic rope! ;)
Tawmis wrote:Both Uhura and Aziza want to see this fine specimen of a hero.
The hero is not Larry! :lol:
Tawmis wrote:Tawmis discusses Ad Avis and Bill Davis.
Cool! I didn't know about any of this. :)

I don't know if the Coles spoke about this, but probably not. QfG2 was such a long time ago, and it's probably a good idea not to annoy other people in your industry. (They might have work for you down the line at some stage). ;)

Got some more pills ... and we can do another ... [ECHO]TRAINING MONTAGE-TRAINING MONTAGE! T-T-T-TRAINING MONTAGE![/ECHO] :D

With Dinarzad the Money Changer, maybe you can "trade money"? Or "change money"? :)

:lol: She is not impressed by either the hero's coin or his muscles. :lol:

Aha! You killed the guard when he was down. That's why you didn't become a paladin. :( Paladins show mercy to fallen foes, yadda yadda etc. ;)
Tawmis wrote:I don't know it got back to Rakeesh that I killed that guard...
It's magic. ;)
Tawmis wrote:I'm so glad I'm a member of the EOF, 'cos I get all these benefits ... and there are none ... except ruining my chances to become a paladin.
:lol: Just spare the guy. You'll still get into the EOF, and the EOF guys will give you the rank of Brother Wuss or whatever, but who cares? You'll become a PALADIN! And do another TRAINING MONTAGE! :D With Archie! And Jughead! And Veronica! :P
Tawmis wrote:Thank the maker. I don't know how many more times I can fluff around talking about training montages.
:lol: Let's hear it. Cue another "TRAINING MONTAGE!" :D

Rakeesh is pretty damn fast for a guy with an injured leg. :)

:lol: I didn't expect the "watery tart" thing. If I went around saying I was an emperor, just 'cause some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away. ;)

Thanks, Tawm. That was fun!

(For the next game ... I vote for Leisure Suit Larry. Just so we can see him being compared to the QfG hero)

TRAINING MONTAGE!

(Sorry) ;)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Some more pictures of OFP (Our Favourite Paladin).
Sometimes Rakeesh just doesn't care.
Sometimes Rakeesh just doesn't care.
But goats don't -- ah, forget it.
But goats don't -- ah, forget it.
There's that cool waterfall in the jungle if Rakeesh needs a shower.
There's that cool waterfall in the jungle if Rakeesh needs a shower.
He hasn't seen his wife for years. Time for some home lovin'.
He hasn't seen his wife for years. Time for some home lovin'.
Enjoy :D
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:05 am
The water elemental goes into the waterskin because there's nowhere else for it to go. :-) If it doesn't get water from the waterskin, there's no water anywhere else in the streets.
She has the entire fountain. And she can clearly move - because if you get too close to her, she kills you, by stepping out of the fountain. lol
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:05 am [ECHO]TRAINING MONTAGE![/ECHO] :lol:
Yeah, I had fun with the post edit of the audio this time. :D
Tawmis wrote:Someone on the Sierra Forums said that Intelligence doesn't go up...
Yes, but if they weren't familiar with the SHP forums, I figured they'd be like, "Who?"
Tawmis wrote:Tawmis discusses Ad Avis and Bill Davis.
Cool! I didn't know about any of this. :)
I don't know if the Coles spoke about this, but probably not. QfG2 was such a long time ago, and it's probably a good idea not to annoy other people in your industry. (They might have work for you down the line at some stage). ;)
Yeah - I am almost tempted to reach out to them and find out more.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:05 am :lol: She is not impressed by either the hero's coin or his muscles. :lol:
I try to have fun. :D
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:05 am Aha! You killed the guard when he was down. That's why you didn't become a paladin. :( Paladins show mercy to fallen foes, yadda yadda etc. ;)
Yeah when I didn't get the Paladin status, I knew this was the moment.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:05 am :lol: I didn't expect the "watery tart" thing. If I went around saying I was an emperor, just 'cause some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away. ;)
Thanks, Tawm. That was fun!
Hah! Thanks for checking it out. :D
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:12 am Some more pictures of OFP (Our Favourite Paladin).
LOL
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:24 pm
She has the entire fountain. And she can clearly move - because if you get too close to her, she kills you, by stepping out of the fountain. lol
Er, the way I figure it is:

1. She has the fountain, true, but the air elemental blew her out of it; and
2. The hero stays far enough away that she can't kill him.

So, the waterskin is the closest water-source there is. She'll go in there. ;) No-one said the elementals were smart -- just deadly.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:05 am [ECHO]TRAINING MONTAGE![/ECHO] :lol:
Yeah, I had fun with the post edit of the audio this time. :D
(to the tune of the "Transformers Theme")

The fight training!
Dodge Uhura's spear!
Hero will train and
dodge and block and hit and stab
'cos if he won't,
then he's spear-kebab! :twisted:

The fight training --
Hero has no fear!

The fight training --
He won't shed a tear!

The fight training!
(playout)

Man, that was easy. Done in 2 minutes. ;)
Tawmis wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:24 pm Yeah, I had fun with the post edit of the audio this time. :D
How do you do that? *curious* What software do you use? I use Audacity when I'm recording, but I haven't done recordings or video editing in some time. It just takes a really long time - especially when, after I record a new song, I then match it up against the lyrics on the video.

That takes a goddamn long time ... ;)
Yes, but if they weren't familiar with the SHP forums, I figured they'd be like, "Who?"
Hmmm ... here is why I prefer this forum:

1. I can quote the bits that I liked and comment on them in detail (probably can't do that on YouTube);

2. On YouTube, if I want to comment on anything, I'd have to create my own channel ... and I don't know if I have anything to put there yet;

3. This forum allows me to do all kinds of neat things (like put "TRAINING MONTAGE!" in a big font) that YouTube won't allow;

4. Little emoticons (I refuse to use the word "emoji" - that's for millennials who don't remember forums from the 90s, or Bulletin Boards from the 80s! Back then, we weren't "surfing the web" with pretty graphics or animations. It was all text! An' we liked it that way. *shrug* But that's another rant) ;)

I don't think I could rant like this on a YouTube channel. Either no-one would read it, or someone would start arguing for the sake of arguing. "You're WRONG! An' I'll tell ya why! Get with the times, grampa!" ... and so on. ;)

Is that what YouTube is like, or have I got the wrong end of the stick? Just curious. :)
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:12 am Some more pictures of OFP (Our Favourite Paladin).
LOL
Just for fun... :)
'Cos he's the king, that's why. And he doesn't care if you didn't vote for him.
Also, Rakeesh has a new font! :D
Oh! We were waiting for that one.
Oh! We were waiting for that one.
Rakeesh is now on Steam!
Rakeesh is now on Steam!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:00 pm Er, the way I figure it is:
1. She has the fountain, true, but the air elemental blew her out of it; and
2. The hero stays far enough away that she can't kill him.
So, the waterskin is the closest water-source there is. She'll go in there. ;) No-one said the elementals were smart -- just deadly.
Yeah - I get the game does this "because it fits best that way story wise" (I've done the same thing as a DM) - but I was like, "She was literally in her fountain. I get the Air Elemental + Bellows blows her out of the fountain - but there's no suction for the waterskin!" :D
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:00 pm Man, that was easy. Done in 2 minutes. ;)
Transformers Parody for QFG is apparently easy for ya! :D
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:00 pm
Tawmis wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:24 pm Yeah, I had fun with the post edit of the audio this time. :D
How do you do that? *curious* What software do you use? I use Audacity when I'm recording, but I haven't done recordings or video editing in some time. It just takes a really long time - especially when, after I record a new song, I then match it up against the lyrics on the video.
That takes a goddamn long time ... ;)
So I use a purchased version of GoldWave I got, eons ago for when I was doing Neverending Nights.
So what I do - is after the recording is done - for example - with the "Training Montage" parts - I select it in GoldWave - reverse the audio, add some Reverb (sometimes, I will do a slight echo too, all while reversed) - so when I reverse it back it has a slight echo and sometimes, ghostly effect because the words are being "dragged" out. I also, naturally when I am saying "Training Montage" making my voice deeper (without editing, just when I say it for the recording). But that can also be done with Pitch settings, post recording.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:00 pm Hmmm ... here is why I prefer this forum:
1. I can quote the bits that I liked and comment on them in detail (probably can't do that on YouTube);
Youtube's version of that is time stamps. So you can't quote it - but if you get the time stamp, and someone clicks it - it takes it right to that part of the audio. A lot of people do that for music tracks if they upload one video with multiple tracks - in the description they will time stamp it so you can go right to the song.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:00 pm 2. On YouTube, if I want to comment on anything, I'd have to create my own channel ... and I don't know if I have anything to put there yet;
You don't need a channel, I think you just need a gmail account.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:00 pm 3. This forum allows me to do all kinds of neat things (like put "TRAINING MONTAGE!" in a big font) that YouTube won't allow;

I agree, which is why I love forums still.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:00 pm 4. Little emoticons (I refuse to use the word "emoji" - that's for millennials who don't remember forums from the 90s, or Bulletin Boards from the 80s! Back then, we weren't "surfing the web" with pretty graphics or animations. It was all text! An' we liked it that way. *shrug* But that's another rant) ;)
Youtube has emojii's also.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Whoops! I accidentally posted the wrong picture. Here it is ...
'Cos he's the king, that's why. And he doesn't care if you didn't vote for him.<br /><br />And Rakeesh has a new font! :D

And Rakeesh has a new font! :D
Hope you like this. :)
Tawmis wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:30 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:00 pm Man, that was easy. Done in 2 minutes. ;)
Transformers Parody for QFG is apparently easy for ya! :D
Well, I've been writing parodies since I started my college degree ... so. (Has it really been 25 years since then???) :shock:
Tawmis wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:30 pm So I use a purchased version of GoldWave I got, eons ago for when I was doing Neverending Nights.
So what I do - is after the recording is done - for example - with the "Training Montage" parts - I select it in GoldWave - reverse the audio, add some Reverb (sometimes, I will do a slight echo too, all while reversed) - so when I reverse it back it has a slight echo and sometimes, ghostly effect because the words are being "dragged" out. I also, naturally when I am saying "Training Montage" making my voice deeper (without editing, just when I say it for the recording). But that can also be done with Pitch settings, post recording.
I'll give that a shot. (I don't have Goldwave, but I'll try doing "Training Montage" and pulling an Ad Avis evil laugh. Just for kicks) :twisted:

Thanks for the lowdown on YouTube. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:53 am
Tawmis wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:30 pm So I use a purchased version of GoldWave I got, eons ago for when I was doing Neverending Nights.
I'll give that a shot. (I don't have Goldwave, but I'll try doing "Training Montage" and pulling an Ad Avis evil laugh. Just for kicks) :twisted:
You should be able to do it with Audacity too (so many people use Audacity, because it's free - but it pretty much does all the same things, as far as I know, as GoldWave - it'd just be in different areas of the program).
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

So ... done. ;) (Thanks to the QFG fan wiki for the QfG2 transcript). ;)

So, I did the above two, plus these characters:

Ali Chica:
You! Stranger! You justa in luck. I gotta everything you need right here!

You needa map? I gotta map!

You needa compass? I gotta compass!

You needa souvenirs of Shapeir for friends and relatives? I gotta best souvenirs in town!
==================
Weapon Seller:
I am Issur, and this is my weapon shop. I make the best swords and daggers. What do you want?
==================
Rakeesh:
My name is Rasha Rakeesh SahTarna. I am called Rakeesh. I am of the Liontaur people.

The Sultan summoned me to Shapeir to aid against the Dark Magic which even now hovers near this city. I fear, though, that I am not the Hero I was once. Perhaps you will become the hero they need.
==================
Shameen:
Welcome, Hero.
Shameen, in the tongue of my kindred, means "He of the Lion".

There is none all Shapeir to my compare to my beautiful and wondrous mate.
==================
Astrologer:
Just a moment. I'm doing a very important derivation right now.

Let's see now, if the moon is in the seventh house (mumble, mumble)...

... hmm... and Jupiter aligns with Mars (mumble, mumble)...

... then peace shall guide our planet and love ...?!

Naw, it'll never happen.

Now what was it you needed to know?
==================
Enjoy! :D
00_evil_ad_avis.mp3
(107.75 KiB) Downloaded 1640 times
00_training.mp3
(68.16 KiB) Downloaded 1658 times
01_ali_chica.mp3
(239.18 KiB) Downloaded 1622 times
02_weapon_seller.mp3
(165.71 KiB) Downloaded 1677 times