Let's Play Sierra Games - Quest for Glory IV

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
goatmeal
Sierra Veteran

Re: Let's Play Sierra Games - Quest for Glory IV

Post by goatmeal »

Tawmis wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:48 pm
goatmeal wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:10 am Isn't there a quote at W.I.T. in QFG2 when you're looking at the portraits of past students?
Erana looks a lot like Genesta, a Faerie that Hero once knew...
https://questforglory.fandom.com/wiki/Genesta
Wait. What? Where is this in QFG2?
Yes, when you enter W.I.T. as a magic user, there are a bunch of portraits on the walls. The first one on the right side (the blonde woman) is Erana. Looking at the portraits reveals various messages about the graduates.

https://questforglory.fandom.com/wiki/W ... Technocery
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

9489441-quest-for-glory-ii-trial-by-fire-dos-playing-as-a-wizard-entranc.png
9489441-quest-for-glory-ii-trial-by-fire-dos-playing-as-a-wizard-entranc.png (14.92 KiB) Viewed 2537 times
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Ah, that explains it. I assume this is only available as a magic user? Because I never saw this building. And I just looked on the QFG2 maze... I mean, map... and I was definitely in that area in my play through.

As a Paladin this never opened up for me.

(How rude...)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:36 am What's the difference between a mortar and a cauldron? *cracks knuckles* Well, yes: a cauldron is the one that sits on the fire. :-)But most mortars are not as big as a cauldron. Just about every alchemist, apothecary, and pharmacist (even Freddy Pharkas) used to use a mortar and pestle to grind ingredients into powder and make pills.
Is there a size where one stops being the other? :D
I'm pretty sure they've never been the same size. ;) The only mortar and pestle that big only belongs to Baba Yaga.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:44 am SPOILER: The "yellow bird" means that you can snag the bonsai bush by throwing rocks to dislodge it, climb up to the ledge above the bush, and use your rope and *grapnel* to draw the bush up.
What does that have to do with a yellow bird?
The grapnel is yellow, and you lower it from the ledge up above. I suppose a grapnel could be a metaphorical bird; after all, the hooks look like wings, and it's "flying".
Tawmis wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:06 pm Ah, that explains it. I assume this is only available as a magic user? Because I never saw this building. And I just looked on the QFG2 maze... I mean, map... and I was definitely in that area in my play through.

As a Paladin this never opened up for me.

(How rude...)
Yes, you need to be a magic user (or at least have some points in the Magic skill, and have some magic spells) to find it.

Both Keapon Laffin and Aziza will tell you about it. It is ... *drumroll* The Wizards' Institute of Technocery, or WIT. ;)

Return to “The Quest for Glory Series”