Tomb Raider - Game of the Year Edition.

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Tomb Raider - Game of the Year Edition.

Post by Tawmis »

So let me start by saying, yes, I had Tomb Raider for the PS1. Never beat it. Never thought it was all that fun.

At some point, through EPIC, I got all three of the NEW Tomb Raider gamers for free (their weekly give aways).

So last week or so, I was bored, looking at all these games I had on EPIC that I got for free and never played.

I was looking for something like GEARS OF WAR to play and thought, "Let's try this Tomb Raider: Game of the Year Edition."

HOLY.

CRAP.

I could NOT put it down. This is NOT a normal Tomb Raider game. It has a freaking incredible story. GREAT characters. (So much so that you get angry when something happens to them!)

The boss battles are reasonable (if you're familiar with Gods of War, operates similar, wear them down, then need to press the right button at the right time).

This game is an EASY - EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!- 10 out of 10. Higher, really.

I was genuinely surprised. It's from 2013 so most computers should have no problem running it these days. It does not look dated at all.

It's also (normal price) 20 bucks. But it's on sale for 4 bucks.

I'd strongly recommend it.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/tomb-raider

I started the second one, and do not enjoy it as much as the first. Key factors in the first they seem to have dropped in the second.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: Tomb Raider - Game of the Year Edition.

Post by Rath Darkblade »

It's also the same price on Steam. Epic Games are having a Tomb Raider sale.

I would try it, but my only caveat is that I'm running out of hard drive space. :| Maybe storing my Steam and GOG games on the same drive wasn't such a good idea after all. :lol:

But hey! Now I have two drives, I can split those two between my C and D drives. (My C drive currently has only Windows). Is moving Steam and its games to C drive a good idea? *thinks* I'm guessing it might delay the Windows load -- is that right?

To do this, I guess I'll have to uninstall Steam etc. from the D drive and reinstall it on C. That's right, isn't it?

Lastly, Tawm, you mentioned God of War. I'm thinking of picking it up (it's on sale on Steam), but I'm a little put off by the size (70 GB???). Also, is it a difficult game (in the same way that, say, Elden Ring and Dark Souls are?) I don't have much time to game these days, so I'd rather not try killer games like that. =\

(Is it me, or is Dark Souls the equivalent of what roleplayers used to call "Killer DM"? Not sure if they still do).
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:57 pm I would try it, but my only caveat is that I'm running out of hard drive space. :| Maybe storing my Steam and GOG games on the same drive wasn't such a good idea after all. :lol:

But hey! Now I have two drives, I can split those two between my C and D drives. (My C drive currently has only Windows). Is moving Steam and its games to C drive a good idea? *thinks* I'm guessing it might delay the Windows load -- is that right?

To do this, I guess I'll have to uninstall Steam etc. from the D drive and reinstall it on C. That's right, isn't it?
I think uninstalling Steam would uninstall all of your games as well. Uninstalling then reinstalling the game itself to a different drive would work, but Steam is supposed to make it easy to just migrate the game from one drive to another.

https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/v ... -6B2E-8327

I've never done this since I only have one drive, but this seems to be the easiest way to move a game to a different drive and avoids having to re-download everything.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:57 pm It's also the same price on Steam. Epic Games are having a Tomb Raider sale.
I like Epic, because every week they put 1 or 2 games for free. Sometimes they're clunkers, but sometimes, it's a game like Tomb Raider: Game of the Year Edition, which honestly, is one of my favorite games in a long time.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:57 pm Lastly, Tawm, you mentioned God of War. I'm thinking of picking it up (it's on sale on Steam), but I'm a little put off by the size (70 GB???). Also, is it a difficult game (in the same way that, say, Elden Ring and Dark Souls are?) I don't have much time to game these days, so I'd rather not try killer games like that. =\
(Is it me, or is Dark Souls the equivalent of what roleplayers used to call "Killer DM"? Not sure if they still do).
I don't have much time either. Tomb Raider install was because I had insomnia and I was bored.

Suddenly, I couldn't put it down.

I've only ever played the first God of War.

However, I did play the XBOX knock off - [urlhttps://store.steampowered.com/app/211160/Viking_Battle_for_Asgard/]Viking: Battle for Asgard[/url]. (Uh, which until now, I thought was XBOX Exclusive... I... may need to get this on PC one day and replay it there!) - ahem, anyway, immensely enjoyed it.

Return to “Non-Sierra Games & Help”