Went to WonderCon this year.

Talk about anything you want here
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Went to WonderCon this year.

Post by Tawmis »

Had not been since 2019 (well, because 2020 was the COVID era and life turned upside down at the same time during my own home life)... 2021, COVID era still, 2022 still COVID era, 2023... I think me and Chuck both opted not to go (I still got my pro badge)... but this year we went.

I slapped the GoPro on my hat and walked around the Con. This only captures about 45 minutes of wandering. But we were there for like 3 hours. I took it off at 45 minutes, when we went to stand in line for food, and just never put it back on.

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: Went to WonderCon this year.

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I've never been to WonderCon (or any Con). But it looks like fun.

Who are the greybeard (and the brownbeard) you're with? :D

Also, I'm sure everyone was not muted in real life. ;) Did you write or perform the backing music to this? It's beautiful. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Went to WonderCon this year.

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:42 pm I've never been to WonderCon (or any Con). But it looks like fun.
Who are the greybeard (and the brownbeard) you're with? :D
Also, I'm sure everyone was not muted in real life. ;) Did you write or perform the backing music to this? It's beautiful. :)
WonderCon is my preference for Comic Conventions. It still feels like... well, a COMIC convention.
San Diego Comic Con (probably the biggest Comic Con... maybe New York is bigger, but I doubt it)... has turned into, four comic vendors shoved in a corner, everything else is movies, TV shows (not even related to comics, at all in some cases!) - it's more of a "Pop Culture" Convention. So really, the "COMIC" part of San Diego COMIC Con is a joke.

WonderCon is like San Diego Comic Con, 20 years ago. Where it's still about comics, with other vendors scattered about, not dominating it.
It's not so insane that you can't move (as seen in the video).

The greybeard with me, is Chuck, who I've known since the 4th grade. The brownbeard is his son Matt.

The music is from Fantasy Complete II which I have a license for to use (I got it originally as a gift from one of my D&D players to use for my "Last Time On D&D" youtube videos).

The people are not muted, but because the GoPro is for water type stuff, the casing covers it and the mic, so a lot of the voices sound muffled. So I opted to mute the people and put music over it.

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”