Help With Finding Old Sierra Games

Where to Find Sierra classic games. Please note: Most of the Sierra games have areas on the forum designated for them! If you have an issue with one of the Sierra games, please post them in the correct forum!
Rudy
Village Elder

Re: Help With Finding Old Sierra Games

Post by Rudy »

The seller of this King's Quest 1 is currently selling the original Space Quest 1 aswell. I won't bid on that one since, well... ya know... :D.

I once ran off with King's Quest 2 (gray box) while Collector was bidding on it aswell. That was ok though, since i wasn't the only one outbidding him.

I believe i accidentally outbid Almirena once too, forgot which game it was.

Most auctions i would just skip if i'd know somebody familiar intends to bid on it aswell but, for titles between 1980 and 1985, i don't make exceptions. I wouldn't be a collector if i'd let those opportunities just pass by.
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Oh gosh, that's a war... I'm sorry Rudy, I like you and all, but I have to root for Collector... He's my Master, and I'm nothing but his humble servant... :lol:
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

Tawmis wrote:I am familiar with you doing the last second kill. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VipRq0e6iQ0
By the way, that wasn't me outbidding you. The auction in the video included SQ2, which i don't have (yet). The auction i won a few months ago is shown below.

But yes, that's usually how it happens. You also gotta keep in mind that, especially for rare items, you're probably not the only sniper. In that case, a nuke is more effective than a sniper rifle :lol: .
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Tawmis wrote:So far I think I am the only one he's ensiped so far for a Space Quest 1... that was my video I linked. :|
OH, no, he already sniped the KQ2 gray box from me.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

Collector, you may also be interested in this IBM release of another old Sierra game: Crossfire. As you know, this is not the first release of the game. It was first released under the On-Line Systems name in 1981 for the Apple II and Atari 400/800 and then rereleased under the SierraVision logo. This one is here for the IBM PCJr, like the first release of KQ1.

I contacted the seller, but he won't ship outside the US :|, so i thought i'd inform you guys about it :mrgreen:. Pretty rare stuff.
The item is here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0338548363
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Can I ask you guys a little favor? I wouldn't ask if I didn't know that you surely already have this game I'm looking for, which is Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers...

... I only have the collection (Gabriel Knight Mysteries), but now I'd really like to have the first game stand-alone, no matter if on disks or on CD, but it has to be an original boxed version.

I would have bought on Amazon, but this product isn't available for international shipping. Unfortunately, eBay seems to don't have it at the present moment. The favor I wanted to ask is this: if you stumble upon, night or day, a new offer for a boxed edition of GK1, would you please let me know so I'd try to do my best and achieve it?

Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Thanks, Rudy. It is now in my watched items.

Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

AndreaDraco wrote:Can I ask you guys a little favor? I wouldn't ask if I didn't know that you surely already have this game I'm looking for, which is Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers...

... I only have the collection (Gabriel Knight Mysteries), but now I'd really like to have the first game stand-alone, no matter if on disks or on CD, but it has to be an original boxed version.

I would have bought on Amazon, but this product isn't available for international shipping. Unfortunately, eBay seems to don't have it at the present moment. The favor I wanted to ask is this: if you stumble upon, night or day, a new offer for a boxed edition of GK1, would you please let me know so I'd try to do my best and achieve it?

Sure thing.

Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

Sure Andrea, I will also keep an eye out.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Thanks guys! Yesterday I also ordered a new Mysteries, since the one I had was lacking the novel by Jane... ;)

Oh, and I'm also searching a boxed version of Torin's Passage (another must-have that is very difficult to find), but that one can surely wait ;)
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

I've found one! :D

Ops, I didn't include a link: here!
Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

AndreaDraco wrote:I've found one! :D

Ops, I didn't include a link: here!
Nice. Normally this game goes for around $30. But it's sealed so it may go higher and snipers may be around. If i would bid on it, i would put $58 on it during the last seconds. That should do the trick.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Rudy wrote: Nice. Normally this game goes for around $30. But it's sealed so it may go higher and snipers may be around. If i would bid on it, i would put $58 on it during the last seconds. That should do the trick.
Thanks Rudy! I'll keep this in mind! ;)
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Tonight is the last night of the auction. It end near 2:00 o'clock, Italian times. I actually pretty nervous about it: it's my first time :oops:

:D
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

AndreaDraco wrote:Tonight is the last night of the auction. It end near 2:00 o'clock, Italian times. I actually pretty nervous about it: it's my first time :oops:

:D
Don't bid until the last few seconds. The only time that I will bid ahead of time is when no one is likely to bid and I will not be around to bid in the closing seconds.

Return to “This Old Game”