Introduce Yourself!

Notices and what's new on SHP and the forums
Collector
Grand Poobah

Introduce Yourself!

Post by Collector »

Here is where new members can introduce themselves. Tell us about yourself and what Sierra Means to you.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

kendricktamis

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Post by kendricktamis »

Hello everyone
I am new here and would like to say hello. My name is Kendrick and I am from US and i found this site from Google search. I have been surfing this site for five days and thought to registration. Currently I am doing job in MNC company as a Software engineer.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Welcome kendricktamis! I'm sure you'll find yourself at home here!
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

Welcome, Kendrick! Do you have a favorite Sierra game?
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Welcome, Kendrick! Hope you enjoy your visit here and that you'll come back many times. :) This is a friendly place, so relax and enjoy! :)
mendosa
Sierra Obsessed

Post by mendosa »

Hello All!
It's been over a month while me is wandering here ;) , the high time to intoduce myself. First of all - I'm sorry for a little falstart here (yeah, that "lucky" user who accidentally got access to Admin Panel was me), I hope everything is explained by now.

So, I am adventure games fan from Cracow, Poland. Used to work as corrector, newsman, editor, moderator and finally - Super Admin for Adventure-Zone.info, one of the biggest Polish sites dedicated to adventure games. At this moment I'm "retired" there, and I concentrate on Graj Po Polsku (Play It In Polish), fan-translators site. There are many projects going on there, some considering Sierra games, if any of them get to finish, I'll notify Sierra Community.

What Sierra means to me - is Gabriel Knight! Of course, I played and enjoyed more Sierra Series and games. But it's Gabriel I love. Frankly, it is Gracie ;) (not to mention Gerde).
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

Welcome, mendosa! It’s always nice getting to know another fellow Sierra fan.

Poland must be very proud after having won their first women’s gold medal in the winter Olympics! Not sure if anyone follows the Olympics but she had a fantastic photo finish with another racer in the cross country skiing race.

Nice avatar. I just finished replaying GK2 a few weeks ago and I had almost forgotten how much of an intriguing character Von Glower was and how well Peter Lucas played the part. Another favorite was Kommissar Leber. I had to laugh every time he told Gabriel to Zzit DOHWN!
mendosa
Sierra Obsessed

Post by mendosa »

Thanks Jules :D .

Yes, Justyna had a great finish with Marit Bjoergen - but it seems, she was a little bit more determined to fight the gold (maybe because Bjoergen had three gold medals in Vancouver before). And it's second gold medal in Polish Olympics at all.

About Von Glower... He is Polish actor, his real name is Piotr Andrzejewski (in English - Peter Andrews), and four years after GK 2, he had an episode in a great Polish comedy Killer-ów 2-óch (some translate it - Killer Twice, some - The Two Killers, my peronal is Twice a Killer), where he played the role of... watch the movie to know. Following the link below you'll see the beginning sequence of this movie with English subtitles, the most important sequence (and sound :D ) starts in the 5.30.

Killer 2
tassieboy
Sierra Fan

Post by tassieboy »

Hi all
I'm a newcomer from Tasmania in Australia.
As a kid I played King's Quest 1-4, Space Quest 1-4, and Codename: Iceman, Conquest of the Longbow and probably a few others I've forgotten to mention.

I recently purchased the King's Quest collection and am working my way through the games I never got to play (currently in Mordack's laberynth in KQ5). I'm gonna have to get the Space Quest collection next.

I'm a software developer by day and have a wife and two kids.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

tassieboy wrote:Hi all
I'm a newcomer from Tasmania in Australia.
As a kid I played King's Quest 1-4, Space Quest 1-4, and Codename: Iceman, Conquest of the Longbow and probably a few others I've forgotten to mention.

I recently purchased the King's Quest collection and am working my way through the games I never got to play (currently in Mordack's laberynth in KQ5). I'm gonna have to get the Space Quest collection next.

I'm a software developer by day and have a wife and two kids.
Welcome to the madness! Always glad to have new blood - er - users, on the forum!

Kidding aside, jump in and enjoy yourself! We're a pretty active community and very open and welcoming! So definitely slide into any convo you can find and get that adventurer's hat ready for some good times in these forums!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Welcome, tassieboy!
Tawmis wrote:Always glad to have new blood...
Save it for the GK forum.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Welcome tassieboy! You've come to the right place!
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

Aww man! *retracts fangs*

Welcome aboard, tassie! :twisted:
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

Welcome to the SHP! Stick around and have some fun!
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
oberonqa
Sierra Lover

Post by oberonqa »

Hello all!

I finally managed to get an account setup so I can post (that image verification is a doozy for some reason!)

My name is David Reese and a lot of you may remember me as the former forum administrator for POS Studios and the founder of the Save The Silver Lining Movement back in early 2010.

I've been lurking on this particular board for about two years now, having discovered it while trying to get Quest for Glory IV to work under Windows Vista (thank you for that installer and all the other installers you have made available over the years, btw).

I am a semi-active collector of Sierra games, though my collection is very humble (and pretty much not even on the radar when compared to the venerable and very respectable collection that Rudy has going)... comprising only of the following:

Police Quest Collection Series (1997) - Full box
RAMA - Full Box
The Beast Within (CD's only)
Phantasmagoria (CD's only)
King's Quest Collection (2006) - Full Box... for what it's worth
Space Quest Collection (2006) - Full Box... again, for what it's worth
Gabriel Knight 3 (Xplosive edition) - Full box... for what it's worth
King's Quest Companion Third Edition

As you can see, it's a very humble and modest collection. I guess I'm the most proud of the Police Quest Collection Series, as I think that's a very good find and I only paid $20 for it on Amazon Marketplace and was actually the first item I purchased and is the start of my collection.

I will be 32 years on in January and have many fond memories of Sierra growing up. In fact, I'd be willing to say that Sierra has been a key element of my life ever since I was about five years old and playing The Black Cauldron (my first Sierra game). I probably wouldn't be the person I am today if not for Sierra... and I say that because Sierra games were what I played during my youth. I'm actually pretty hard pressed to think of any facet of my personality that isn't in some way colored by the impact of Sierra's special brand of game design and humor.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here, finally able to post and be apart of such a great community. :)

Return to “Announcements”