Then are you in an even-numbered KQ (either KQ2 or KQ6?) I am not counting KQ8 as a 'true' KQ, because ... it's not.
Three Clues - Who Am I?
- Rath Darkblade
- The Cute One
- Posts: 14635
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
- Location: Lost in Translation
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
No worries. 
Then are you in an even-numbered KQ (either KQ2 or KQ6?) I am not counting KQ8 as a 'true' KQ, because ... it's not.
Then are you in an even-numbered KQ (either KQ2 or KQ6?) I am not counting KQ8 as a 'true' KQ, because ... it's not.
- Tawmis
- Grand Poobah's Servant
- Posts: 22355
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
- Gender: Not Specified
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Oddly enough, I am not in an even numbered game!Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Tue Apr 15, 2025 5:30 pm No worries.
Then are you in an even-numbered KQ (either KQ2 or KQ6?) I am not counting KQ8 as a 'true' KQ, because ... it's not.![]()
Tawmis.com - Voice Actor
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
- notbobsmith
- Village Elder
- Posts: 6663
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
- Location: Massachusetts
- Gender: Male
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Are you numbered greater than 4 (i.e. 5 or 7)?
- Tawmis
- Grand Poobah's Servant
- Posts: 22355
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
- Gender: Not Specified
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Yes, I am in a game greater than 4 (but clearly, the game itself is not greater than 4, because there is no KQ greater than 4!) 
Er, yes, I am in a game numerically greater than 4.
Er, yes, I am in a game numerically greater than 4.
Tawmis.com - Voice Actor
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
- Rath Darkblade
- The Cute One
- Posts: 14635
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
- Location: Lost in Translation
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
OK. Are you in KQ7, then? 
(I'm crossing fingers for a "Yes", because I played KQ7 far more recently than KQ5 ... so I remember it better)
(I'm crossing fingers for a "Yes", because I played KQ7 far more recently than KQ5 ... so I remember it better)
- Tawmis
- Grand Poobah's Servant
- Posts: 22355
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
- Gender: Not Specified
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
I am! I even gave another, very subtle clue to say I was...Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Wed Apr 16, 2025 3:17 am OK. Are you in KQ7, then?
(I'm crossing fingers for a "Yes", because I played KQ7 far more recently than KQ5 ... so I remember it better)![]()
4 + 2 + 1 = 7.Tawmis wrote: ↑Tue Apr 15, 2025 2:02 pmRath Darkblade wrote: ↑Tue Apr 15, 2025 8:51 am Figures.
Are you in King's Quest 4 (which is famously your favorite)?
(P.S. Note how I spelled "favorite" the American way)![]()
I am not in King's Quest IV. That seemed.... too obvious to be that one!
![]()
Tawmis.com - Voice Actor
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
- Rath Darkblade
- The Cute One
- Posts: 14635
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
- Location: Lost in Translation
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Whoops, I missed that clue. 
I'll take a stab at it: are you Rosella's comb?
I am in your possession from the start ............................................ Rosella has the comb in her hair ...
And quickly left behind ............................................................. She loses it when jumping into the portal ...
While dealing with matters of the heart ......................................... She jumps into the portal to follow a guy she falls in love with ...
And to clear one's mind ............................................................. But I've no idea what this means.
Am I right? *crosses fingers*
I'll take a stab at it: are you Rosella's comb?
I am in your possession from the start ............................................ Rosella has the comb in her hair ...
And quickly left behind ............................................................. She loses it when jumping into the portal ...
While dealing with matters of the heart ......................................... She jumps into the portal to follow a guy she falls in love with ...
And to clear one's mind ............................................................. But I've no idea what this means.
Am I right? *crosses fingers*
- Tawmis
- Grand Poobah's Servant
- Posts: 22355
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
- Gender: Not Specified
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Don't worry, the clue was so super obscure. I giggled to myself thinking myself so clever.Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Wed Apr 16, 2025 6:09 pm Whoops, I missed that clue.
I'll take a stab at it: are you Rosella's comb?
I am in your possession from the start ............................................ Rosella has the comb in her hair ...
And quickly left behind ............................................................. She loses it when jumping into the portal ...
While dealing with matters of the heart ......................................... She jumps into the portal to follow a guy she falls in love with ...
And to clear one's mind ............................................................. But I've no idea what this means.
Am I right? *crosses fingers*
I am not Rosella's comb.
So a new clue... and this may give it away immediately.
In another game, if you use me more than you're supposed to, you won't like how it ends....
Tawmis.com - Voice Actor
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
- notbobsmith
- Village Elder
- Posts: 6663
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
- Location: Massachusetts
- Gender: Male
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Are you the flowers Rosella has in the beginning? They also get tossed away. And this clue is a reference to buying an extra rose in PQ3 will result in the bad ending.
- Tawmis
- Grand Poobah's Servant
- Posts: 22355
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
- Gender: Not Specified
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
hahahahahaha! Yes, I am the rose Rosella has in the intro.notbobsmith wrote: ↑Wed Apr 16, 2025 11:12 pmAre you the flowers Rosella has in the beginning? They also get tossed away. And this clue is a reference to buying an extra rose in PQ3 will result in the bad ending.
I am in your possession from the start - She has it in the intro
And quickly left behind - she tosses it aside very quickly
While dealing with matters of the heart - her mother was talking about the other prince coming to meet/marry Rosella
And to clear one's mind - She dives in the lake (cold water clear the mind)
And that final clue about using the rose was indeed to how I got the bad ending in Police Quest 3 - see the thread - viewtopic.php?p=85543#p85543
Tawmis.com - Voice Actor
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
- notbobsmith
- Village Elder
- Posts: 6663
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
- Location: Massachusetts
- Gender: Male
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
I will post something shortly.
- notbobsmith
- Village Elder
- Posts: 6663
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
- Location: Massachusetts
- Gender: Male
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
I will not be brief
Putting it all on the line
Who wants to make s'mores?
Putting it all on the line
Who wants to make s'mores?
- Tawmis
- Grand Poobah's Servant
- Posts: 22355
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
- Gender: Not Specified
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Brief... Codename: Iceman starts off with him in shorts another word, perhaps, for brief(s)... could even be the briefing he gets in the game about the situation...notbobsmith wrote: ↑Mon Apr 21, 2025 12:07 am I will not be brief
Putting it all on the line
Who wants to make s'mores?
Putting it all on the line... the world is in danger...
Who wants to make s'mores... he's on vacation...
So... are you somewhere in Codename: Iceman?
Tawmis.com - Voice Actor
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
- notbobsmith
- Village Elder
- Posts: 6663
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
- Location: Massachusetts
- Gender: Male
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
NoTawmis wrote: ↑Mon Apr 21, 2025 2:01 amBrief... Codename: Iceman starts off with him in shorts another word, perhaps, for brief(s)... could even be the briefing he gets in the game about the situation...notbobsmith wrote: ↑Mon Apr 21, 2025 12:07 am I will not be brief
Putting it all on the line
Who wants to make s'mores?
Putting it all on the line... the world is in danger...
Who wants to make s'mores... he's on vacation...
So... are you somewhere in Codename: Iceman?
- Tawmis
- Grand Poobah's Servant
- Posts: 22355
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
- Gender: Not Specified
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
OK - I will take a step back. Are ye in a game with the word 'Quest' in it?
Tawmis.com - Voice Actor
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!