Page 2 of 2

Re: Possible end to SHP, Another Year

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:01 pm
by Tawmis
goatmeal wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 8:37 am
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 6:03 am Agreed. I'm sorry to hear about your medical bills and your need for a new roof, Collector. But I'm glad that SHP will be around for a little longer.

I tried to go to the front page and donate by PayPal, but the page would not load. :( (This is https://www.sierrahelp.com/index.html ... it told me:

This site can’t provide a secure connection
www.sierrahelp.com uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

I'm not sure what's going on?)
Had the same problem, but got there from Google:

https://sierrahelp.com/ <----- [No www. in front]
You can also remove the S httpS:// and add the www so it becomes http://www.sierrahelp.com - which SHOULD also work.

That error you see is because Collector (like myself on all my sites I run) haven't paid to upgrade the SSL certificate that browsers now want to use to make sites "secure" - so it's just your browser telling you the site doesn't use updated SSL.

Re: Possible end to SHP, Another Year

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:56 am
by Collector
SHP is SSL. That was primary when I was looking for a new hosting service. I need to look into why "http://www." is not redirecting properly. I haven't bothered because who uses www anymore.