The site doesn't have a secure certificate (same as SHP and my other sites, because that's another yearly cost) so sometimes you need to change https to http but that's about it.
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:34 am
by Collector
Remember that Rath has a long history of publicly panicking over false positives.
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2024 2:24 pm
by notbobsmith
Avast is probably not happy with the lack of a secure certificate. The "URL:Blacklist" warning seems to be a catch-all for behavior that Avast doesn't like, not that there is necessarily any actual malware present. Rath, you can report this as a false positive if you want.
Collector wrote: ↑Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:34 am
Remember that Rath has a long history of publicly panicking over false positives.
That is not fair, Collector. I am not panicking. I am puzzled. Those are very different things.
Can you help, please?
Tawmis wrote: ↑Sun Jul 28, 2024 2:00 am
Yeah, not sure why you're getting that Rath.
The site doesn't have a secure certificate (same as SHP and my other sites, because that's another yearly cost) so sometimes you need to change https to http but that's about it.
Sorry, Tawm - I'm not sure how to do that. When I try, my browser automatically switches "http" for "https", and I end up with the address being larrylaffer.net/archives/5077 (with the https:// being invisible).
I clicked on the address bar and deleted the "s" out of "https", but my browser inserted it again, with the result being that now I can't see larrylaffer.net at all. *shrug*
Collector wrote: ↑Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:34 am
Remember that Rath has a long history of publicly panicking over false positives.
That is not fair, Collector. I am not panicking. I am puzzled. Those are very different things.
Can you help, please?
Heh, I think he means because you've reported in the past, quite a bit about the installers, and such, having malware.
And we've said it's false positive.
However, it's better to be cautious than careless.
Tawmis wrote: ↑Sun Jul 28, 2024 2:00 am
Yeah, not sure why you're getting that Rath.
The site doesn't have a secure certificate (same as SHP and my other sites, because that's another yearly cost) so sometimes you need to change https to http but that's about it.
Sorry, Tawm - I'm not sure how to do that. When I try, my browser automatically switches "http" for "https", and I end up with the address being larrylaffer.net/archives/5077 (with the https:// being invisible).
I clicked on the address bar and deleted the "s" out of "https", but my browser inserted it again, with the result being that now I can't see larrylaffer.net at all. *shrug*
Often times (I see you use the brave browser... so I can't speak to it)....
But sometimes when it switches to https:// - it takes out the www out of the address.
So try typing: http://www.larrylaffer.net
And it will probably say something about the certificate.
And say proceed.
Again, not sure about the brave browser, because I've never used it. So I have no idea how that may treat things.
Plus whatever malwarebytes thing you're using, as NBS said may - regardless - see it as a non secure site, which it isn't because I don't pay for the security certificate because it costs money.
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2024 2:18 pm
by Tawmis
RELEASING SPACEVENTURE ON STEAM
We’re excited to share that we’ve officially set up a Steam page for the game, and we need your help!
As you may know, when a game is gearing up for release on Steam, there’s an “Add to Wishlist” button. When people click this button, it not only shows excitement for the game but also boosts its visibility when it goes live.
We would absolutely love and appreciate it if you could take a moment to visit the game’s Steam page and click “Add to Wishlist.” While all backers who pledged $15 and up will already receive Steam keys for the game upon its official release, wishlisting the game on your Steam account would still help us tremendously. Your support makes a huge difference in ensuring the game reaches a wider audience!
Glad to see that this is getting released. I've wishlisted it.
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2024 8:30 pm
by Tawmis
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Fri Dec 20, 2024 11:49 pm
Glad to see that this is getting released. I've wishlisted it.
Thank you for wish listing it.
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2024 10:36 pm
by Tawmis
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2025 1:47 am
by Rath Darkblade
I may be a little late (well, quite late as it happens...) but I've made a note of this game's release and wishlisted it on Steam.
Excited to finally see this coming out.
Just wondering, Tawm: that costume looks mighty uncomfortable (and hot). Was it? Enquiring minds like mine want to know.
Also, did you have to dye your beard?
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2025 2:26 pm
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Sat Jan 11, 2025 1:47 am
I may be a little late (well, quite late as it happens...) but I've made a note of this game's release and wishlisted it on Steam.
Excited to finally see this coming out.
I am too (very excited for this to see the light of day).
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Sat Jan 11, 2025 1:47 am
Just wondering, Tawm: that costume looks mighty uncomfortable (and hot). Was it? Enquiring minds like mine want to know.
Also, did you have to dye your beard?
Hah, no - the head piece thing was only on for like an hour (I think I did a few takes).
And the beard isn't dyed. It's just naturally getting whiter/greyer with age (and stress).
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Sat Jan 11, 2025 1:47 am
Just wondering, Tawm: that costume looks mighty uncomfortable (and hot). Was it? Enquiring minds like mine want to know.
Also, did you have to dye your beard?
Hah, no - the head piece thing was only on for like an hour (I think I did a few takes).
And the beard isn't dyed. It's just naturally getting whiter/greyer with age (and stress).
Oh, dear. On the plus side, you'll soon be able to play Santa Claus, I guess ... if you really want to.
Or the wise old Norse mystic who sits by the fire and tells the kids all the sagas about Egil Skallagrimsson. And Leif the Lucky. And ... etc., etc. (I'm writing a book set in Viking times, so I have Viking sagas on the brain. Sorry about that)
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2025 12:50 am
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Sat Jan 11, 2025 7:41 pm
Or the wise old Norse mystic who sits by the fire and tells the kids all the sagas about Egil Skallagrimsson. And Leif the Lucky. And ... etc., etc. (I'm writing a book set in Viking times, so I have Viking sagas on the brain. Sorry about that)
And ye wonder why I've dressed as a Viking these last two years for Halloween?
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2025 4:01 am
by Rath Darkblade
Now I wonder how many Viking sagas you already know. (I studied a few that I could recommend. One of them features Thor as a bully that gets his comeuppance).
Re: Two Guys Are Back! SPACEVENTURE!
Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2025 12:54 pm
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Jan 13, 2025 4:01 am Now I wonder how many Viking sagas you already know. (I studied a few that I could recommend. One of them features Thor as a bully that gets his comeuppance).
Nowhere near as much as you, I assure you.
My introduction to Vikings was reading Thor comics, which got me interested in knowing more about Thor, Odin, etc.
Then D&D has a whole section on Norse Gods, in 2nd Edition. Which further made me curious.
But I never did any for of studying of any official kind of method, by any stretch of the imagination.