Page 3 of 3
Re: Silver Lining episode 2
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:24 pm
by JasefWisener
Tawmis wrote:I have a suggestion! Get a quicker server! 2 hours and 30 minutes to download 757MB file? That's retardedly slow. Just. Ya know, sayin'...
It took me about 15 minutes to download, and that was on the day it was released.
Re: Silver Lining episode 2
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:47 pm
by Tawmis
JasefWisener wrote:Tawmis wrote:I have a suggestion! Get a quicker server! 2 hours and 30 minutes to download 757MB file? That's retardedly slow. Just. Ya know, sayin'...
It took me about 15 minutes to download, and that was on the day it was released.
JUST to test if it was on my end... I just tested downloading several episodes of NeN that was a total of
over 1GB. And it took
about 30 minutes,
if that. I have quit and restarted the download for Episode 2 of TSL, and it's still taking over 2 hours. I finally gave up and just let it download while I did other things - just came back to check right now - 28 minutes to go.
*shakes head*
Re: Silver Lining episode 2
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:05 pm
by Collector
Too many variables involved to get too upset, which server you happen to get, how many people are downloading at the time to just how busy net traffic at the time in general. Still it took me quite a while to download it as well, when normally I think nothing of downloading GB sized files. Perhaps they could stand to add a couple of mirrors.
Re: Silver Lining episode 2
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:12 pm
by MusicallyInspired
It took me a little under an hour. But I have more pressing concerns than download speeds. I can't get the thing to launch.
Re: Silver Lining episode 2
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:44 pm
by Collector
The engine does seem to be a little finicky. Too late for them to switch to another engine for TSL, but if they ever do another game they should take a look at some other ones.
Re: Silver Lining episode 2
Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:44 am
by Tawmis
Maybe Collector could make a better installer for it?

Re: Silver Lining episode 2
Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:50 am
by Tawmis
Collector wrote:Too many variables involved to get too upset, which server you happen to get, how many people are downloading at the time to just how busy net traffic at the time in general.
For the servers, and mirrors and such - I figured maybe it was spawning off from various, random mirrors - and unless I happened upon the same mirrored site (clearing cache and the whole 9 yards) about six or seven times (or six or seven different slow mirrors) - it can still be extremely frustrating watching a 757MB download take 2.5 hours (which I know for a fact, it took more like 3 hours to download, because I had watched several episodes of
Supernatural on DVD - which are about 42 minutes a pop) - before that thing ever finished. And I had started the download well before I finally decided to kill some time watching the DVD)... Whatever's to blame - traffic, slow servers, whatever it was - trust me, it was
still enough to get upset over. I consider myself very patient (except in traffic) - and it still irked the $#!+ out of me.

Re: Silver Lining episode 2
Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:40 am
by Collector
Tawmis wrote:I consider myself very patient (except in traffic) - and it still irked the $#!+ out of me.

Well it is Net traffic.

Re: Silver Lining episode 2
Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:14 am
by Tawmis
Collector wrote:Tawmis wrote:I consider myself very patient (except in traffic) - and it still irked the $#!+ out of me.

Well it is Net traffic.


Perhaps
ANY form of traffic is my krytonite!