Page 318 of 383
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Thu May 29, 2025 11:40 am
by Tawmis
Are you found in the water-palm tree area?

(My brain is too tired to remember what that's called...)
I can't get mirage out of my head haahhahaha
EDIT: Oasis
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Thu May 29, 2025 6:12 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Heh.

Yes, a mirage is what happens when you find the Dead King Arthur in the desert. (Or when a Mirage Jet fighter plane passes overhead).
Off-topic: I wouldn't be surprised if someone, somewhere, saw the fighter plane in the game and started ranting about how the game should be BANNED for promoting WAR and MURDER and so on ... y'know, completely missing the point that it's there because the game was made in 1992, only a year after the first Gulf War.
Sorry to go on about this. But I'm sure such people exist.
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Thu May 29, 2025 11:42 pm
by notbobsmith
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Thu May 29, 2025 5:43 am
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Wed May 28, 2025 11:52 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Wed May 28, 2025 5:45 am
Hmm ... does the hero need to be on your screen to complete a quest (or side-quest)?
No
Oh. Then you're not on the screens that contain Merv the Griffin, the Dervish, or Al Scurva (Ad Avis's pupil) ... or the healer-tree (that gives you the fruit).
But you're in the desert area. Hmm.
Are you a monster?
No
Tawmis wrote: ↑Thu May 29, 2025 11:40 am
Are you found in the water-palm tree area?

(My brain is too tired to remember what that's called...)
I can't get mirage out of my head haahhahaha
EDIT: Oasis
No
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Sat May 31, 2025 2:25 am
by Rath Darkblade
Oh, come
on.
In the desert, but not an interesting-shaped rock. Not the sun. The hero doesn't need to be on your screen to complete any quests (or side-quests). Not a monster, or an Easter Egg.
There's nothing left!!
Are you one of the rocks that the hero picks up and throws?

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Sat May 31, 2025 11:37 pm
by notbobsmith
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Sat May 31, 2025 2:25 am
Oh, come
on.
In the desert, but not an interesting-shaped rock. Not the sun. The hero doesn't need to be on your screen to complete any quests (or side-quests). Not a monster, or an Easter Egg.
There's nothing left!!
Are you one of the rocks that the hero picks up and throws?
No
New clue:
I am found between places.
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2025 1:43 am
by Tawmis
Hrm.
Are you found in an alleyway?
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2025 9:03 am
by Rath Darkblade
Tawmis wrote: ↑Sun Jun 01, 2025 1:43 am
Hrm.
Are you found in an alleyway?
NBS said he can be found in the desert. And that's why I'm confused.
Are you up in the sky? (Ever so high?)

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2025 7:50 pm
by Tawmis
Well cities are in the desert.
There are two different cities. Cut scenes. Intros and outtros.

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2025 11:32 pm
by notbobsmith
Tawmis wrote: ↑Sun Jun 01, 2025 1:43 am
Hrm.
Are you found in an alleyway?
No
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Sun Jun 01, 2025 9:03 am
Tawmis wrote: ↑Sun Jun 01, 2025 1:43 am
Hrm.
Are you found in an alleyway?
NBS said he can be found in the desert. And that's why I'm confused.
Are you up in the sky? (Ever so high?)
No
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2025 11:47 pm
by Tawmis
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Fri May 16, 2025 12:43 am
Okay. Guess away.
Hey, what did I miss?
I was between assignments
I am full of gas
... this is a wild, wild, wild, wild guess.
So you said it makes sense in another game. Which can be this item could be used in another game, or that it doesn't fit this game.
They "Hey, what did I miss?"
Makes me think of something...
But I can't piece the next two clues into it?
But the "What did I miss?"
Reminds me when you step out during a movie (to pee... or poop... maybe that's the gas?...)
And come back and whisper, "Hey, what did I miss?"
So... are you the Intermission sign?
https://sierrachest.com/gfx/games/QFG2/ss/117.png
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2025 5:59 am
by Rath Darkblade
Tawmis wrote: ↑Sun Jun 01, 2025 11:47 pm
... this is a wild, wild, wild, wild guess.
Why does this remind me so much of this classic film? (Hands up if you've seen it, or heard of it!) *sticks hand up*
Tawmis wrote: ↑Sun Jun 01, 2025 11:47 pm
Are you the Intermission sign?
I think you may be right, but I'll be damned if I know how the "I was between assignments" line fits in ... unless it has something to do with the hero beating everyone up. (Because he does it
between saving Shapier and saving Rasier? But that sounds like a long shot).
Also, NBS said that he is in the desert area ... and the Intermission Sign doesn't happen in the desert. It doesn't happen
anywhere. There's no backdrop (like Shapier, or desert, etc.) for it. It's just a bit of goofiness the Coles threw in.
If the Intermission Sign happens in the desert, then so (arguably) does the USS Enterprise, because it flies over the mountains, which are in the desert.
But I can't think of anything else ... except ... wait-a-minute. Are you the huge pile of brigands-on-sauruses (saurii?) that the hero stands on while claiming victory?

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2025 12:20 pm
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Jun 02, 2025 5:59 am
I think you may be right, but I'll be damned if I know how the "I was between assignments" line fits in ... unless it has something to do with the hero beating everyone up. (Because he does it
between saving Shapier and saving Rasier? But that sounds like a long shot).
Also, NBS said that he is in the desert area ... and the Intermission Sign doesn't happen in the desert. It doesn't happen
anywhere. There's no backdrop (like Shapier, or desert, etc.) for it. It's just a bit of goofiness the Coles threw in.
He said something like, "I am going to say yes" As in, "Yes, because it's amid the desert scene..."
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Jun 02, 2025 5:59 am
If the Intermission Sign happens in the desert, then so (arguably) does the USS Enterprise, because it flies over the mountains, which are in the desert.
That is exactly why I asked if it was an Easter Egg - because my thought was it could be that.
Gas to propel the ship, in between means, in between episodes, perhaps.
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Jun 02, 2025 5:59 am
But I can't think of anything else ... except ... wait-a-minute. Are you the huge pile of brigands-on-sauruses (saurii?) that the hero stands on while claiming victory?
There's one more thing I can think of, potentially....
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2025 11:53 pm
by notbobsmith
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Jun 02, 2025 5:59 am
But I can't think of anything else ... except ... wait-a-minute. Are you the huge pile of brigands-on-sauruses (saurii?) that the hero stands on while claiming victory?
No
Tawmis wrote: ↑Sun Jun 01, 2025 11:47 pm
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Fri May 16, 2025 12:43 am
Okay. Guess away.
Hey, what did I miss?
I was between assignments
I am full of gas
... this is a wild, wild, wild, wild guess.
So you said it makes sense in another game. Which can be this item could be used in another game, or that it doesn't fit this game.
They "Hey, what did I miss?"
Makes me think of something...
But I can't piece the next two clues into it?
But the "What did I miss?"
Reminds me when you step out during a movie (to pee... or poop... maybe that's the gas?...)
And come back and whisper, "Hey, what did I miss?"
So... are you the Intermission sign?
https://sierrachest.com/gfx/games/QFG2/ss/117.png
Ummmm.... not quite.
New clue:
More specific.
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2025 8:59 am
by Rath Darkblade
Aha ... I think I know now what you are (even though I'm not sure how the clues fit in). But Tawm did the hard work with that wild guess, so I'll let him guess.

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2025 11:43 am
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Tue Jun 03, 2025 8:59 am
Aha ... I think I know now what you are (even though I'm not sure how the clues fit in). But Tawm did the hard work with that wild guess, so I'll let him guess.
I've no idea, so feel free to guess.
I am going to go with - are you one of the stars? They're full of gas.
I just can't figure out how the rest ties in.
