Three Clues - Who Am I?

Just like the title says. Fun little forum related games and threads. Come in here and have some fun!
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 22352
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Jun 30, 2025 5:24 am Are you in a Gabriel Knight game?
I am not. :)

Just cuz I wanna drop more clues. :D

Dressed in white
Hair as blond as the sun
She's quite the sight
I never had one like that when I was young.

Do you have a frog in your throat?
See if maybe you can get a note?
I am not in King's Quest 1, and there's no moat
And definitely no goat.
User avatar
notbobsmith
Village Elder
Posts: 6654
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Post by notbobsmith »

Are you the nurse in The Adventures of Willy Beamish?

The nurse is blond and dressed in white. She is, ahem, attractive ("never had one like that..."). And there's a frog in the game.
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 22352
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Post by Tawmis »

Why, yes I am! :)

The frog is indeed a reference to the frog...
And frog in the throat, a hint about being unwell (to see a doctor/nurse)...
And the note is one of the items Willie can get in class (for a hallpass).
User avatar
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
Posts: 14623
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Post by Rath Darkblade »

And here are my *ahem* "hints" ...

I go to work for one day
and find that while I was away
the game was solved (hooray!)
and I had rather lost my way.

But I wasn't in time
I will make this silly rhyme
and hope (although I'm not a mime)
that I will have a chance next time.


(Wait, wait, wait ... rhyming 'time' with 'time'? :roll: Not good enough! Must do better). :P
User avatar
notbobsmith
Village Elder
Posts: 6654
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Post by notbobsmith »

Cool. I will post something soon.
User avatar
notbobsmith
Village Elder
Posts: 6654
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Post by notbobsmith »

Great start to the day
I come before Beethoven
All the signs were there
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 22352
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 12:31 am Great start to the day
I come before Beethoven
All the signs were there
So I am assuming the second clue references Mozart.

Which makes me think of music. And all the signs are there, are possibly the clues scattered in the museum.

Not sure about the great start to the day.

But going to take a stab - are you in GK2?
User avatar
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
Posts: 14623
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 1:35 am
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 12:31 am Great start to the day
I come before Beethoven
All the signs were there
So I am assuming the second clue references Mozart.
Not necessarily. There were heaps of other composers before Beethoven: Handel, Haydn, Bach (and his sons), Byrd, Palestrina, and so on.
Tawmis wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 1:35 am Which makes me think of music. And all the signs are there, are possibly the clues scattered in the museum.
...
But going to take a stab - are you in GK2?
If you're thinking of Wagner, don't bother. Beethoven's heyday was early 1800s; Wagner's was 1870s and 1880s. (Sorry!) :)

I'll start with the usual question: are you in a game that contains the word "Quest"?
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 22352
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 5:52 am
Tawmis wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 1:35 am
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 12:31 am Great start to the day
I come before Beethoven
All the signs were there
So I am assuming the second clue references Mozart.
Not necessarily. There were heaps of other composers before Beethoven: Handel, Haydn, Bach (and his sons), Byrd, Palestrina, and so on.
Yes, but Mozart, was apparently an inspiration to Beethoven. So the line of coming before, might be a reference to this...
Specifically, "The Beast Within" draws a parallel to Mozart's opera "The Magic Flute," which also features themes of intrigue, danger, and a magical flute with a significant role.
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 5:52 am
Tawmis wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 1:35 am Which makes me think of music. And all the signs are there, are possibly the clues scattered in the museum.
...
But going to take a stab - are you in GK2?
If you're thinking of Wagner, don't bother. Beethoven's heyday was early 1800s; Wagner's was 1870s and 1880s. (Sorry!) :)
Had nothing to do with that, and more above the above about the Magic Flute. :D
User avatar
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
Posts: 14623
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Fair enough. I'm only wondering who wrote this link between "The Beast Within" and "The Magic Flute" (it sounds intriguing!), and where do we find a magical flute in GK2. (Note that this sentence says: "...which also features ... a magical flute with a significant role.")

I'm thinking of the word "also". I can't remember any flutes in GK2. ;)
User avatar
notbobsmith
Village Elder
Posts: 6654
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Post by notbobsmith »

Tawmis wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 1:35 am
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 12:31 am Great start to the day
I come before Beethoven
All the signs were there
So I am assuming the second clue references Mozart.

Which makes me think of music. And all the signs are there, are possibly the clues scattered in the museum.

Not sure about the great start to the day.

But going to take a stab - are you in GK2?
No
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 5:52 am
I'll start with the usual question: are you in a game that contains the word "Quest"?
Yes
User avatar
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
Posts: 14623
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Post by Rath Darkblade »

My question got a "yes" answer? :shock: *faints*

Are you in a game that takes place on Earth? (i.e. not KQ, SQ or QfG) :)
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 22352
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Post by Tawmis »

Are you in an odd numbered game (1, 3, 5, 7, etc)
User avatar
notbobsmith
Village Elder
Posts: 6654
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Post by notbobsmith »

Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Fri Jul 04, 2025 8:30 am My question got a "yes" answer? :shock: *faints*

Are you in a game that takes place on Earth? (i.e. not KQ, SQ or QfG) :)
Yes (You're 2 for 2 now :) )
Tawmis wrote: ↑Fri Jul 04, 2025 12:14 pm Are you in an odd numbered game (1, 3, 5, 7, etc)
Yes
User avatar
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant
Posts: 22352
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Post by Tawmis »

Just going to make sure -

Are you in Police Quest? :D

(Because could still be EcoQuest, BeQuest, ConQuest or something...)
Post Reply

Return to “Community Games”