Page 324 of 383
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2025 1:46 pm
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Jun 30, 2025 5:24 am
Are you in a Gabriel Knight game?
I am not.
Just cuz I wanna drop more clues.
Dressed in white
Hair as blond as the sun
She's quite the sight
I never had one like that when I was young.
Do you have a frog in your throat?
See if maybe you can get a note?
I am not in King's Quest 1, and there's no moat
And definitely no goat.
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2025 11:40 pm
by notbobsmith
Are you the nurse in The Adventures of Willy Beamish?
The nurse is blond and dressed in white. She is, ahem, attractive ("never had one like that..."). And there's a frog in the game.
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2025 11:52 pm
by Tawmis
Why, yes I am!
The frog is indeed a reference to the frog...
And frog in the throat, a hint about being unwell (to see a doctor/nurse)...
And the note is one of the items Willie can get in class (for a hallpass).
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2025 5:31 pm
by Rath Darkblade
And here are my *ahem* "hints" ...
I go to work for one day
and find that while I was away
the game was solved (hooray!)
and I had rather lost my way.
But I wasn't in time
I will make this silly rhyme
and hope (although I'm not a mime)
that I will have a chance next time.
(Wait, wait, wait ... rhyming 'time' with 'time'?

Not good enough! Must do better).

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2025 2:25 am
by notbobsmith
Cool. I will post something soon.
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2025 12:31 am
by notbobsmith
Great start to the day
I come before Beethoven
All the signs were there
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2025 1:35 am
by Tawmis
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 12:31 am
Great start to the day
I come before Beethoven
All the signs were there
So I am assuming the second clue references Mozart.
Which makes me think of music. And all the signs are there, are possibly the clues scattered in the museum.
Not sure about the great start to the day.
But going to take a stab - are you in GK2?
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2025 5:52 am
by Rath Darkblade
Tawmis wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 1:35 am
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 12:31 am
Great start to the day
I come before Beethoven
All the signs were there
So I am assuming the second clue references Mozart.
Not necessarily. There were heaps of other composers before Beethoven: Handel, Haydn, Bach (and his sons), Byrd, Palestrina, and so on.
Tawmis wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 1:35 am
Which makes me think of music. And all the signs are there, are possibly the clues scattered in the museum.
...
But going to take a stab - are you in GK2?
If you're thinking of Wagner, don't bother. Beethoven's heyday was early 1800s; Wagner's was 1870s and 1880s. (Sorry!)
I'll start with the usual question: are you in a game that contains the word "Quest"?
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2025 10:13 am
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 5:52 am
Tawmis wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 1:35 am
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 12:31 am
Great start to the day
I come before Beethoven
All the signs were there
So I am assuming the second clue references Mozart.
Not necessarily. There were heaps of other composers before Beethoven: Handel, Haydn, Bach (and his sons), Byrd, Palestrina, and so on.
Yes, but Mozart, was apparently an inspiration to Beethoven. So the line of coming before, might be a reference to this...
Specifically, "The Beast Within" draws a parallel to Mozart's opera "The Magic Flute," which also features themes of intrigue, danger, and a magical flute with a significant role.
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 5:52 am
Tawmis wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 1:35 am
Which makes me think of music. And all the signs are there, are possibly the clues scattered in the museum.
...
But going to take a stab - are you in GK2?
If you're thinking of Wagner, don't bother. Beethoven's heyday was early 1800s; Wagner's was 1870s and 1880s. (Sorry!)
Had nothing to do with that, and more above the above about the Magic Flute.

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2025 5:36 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Fair enough. I'm only wondering who wrote this link between "The Beast Within" and "The Magic Flute" (it sounds intriguing!), and where do we find a magical flute in GK2. (Note that this sentence says: "...which
also features ... a magical flute with a significant role.")
I'm thinking of the word "also". I can't remember any flutes in GK2.

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2025 11:41 pm
by notbobsmith
Tawmis wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 1:35 am
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 12:31 am
Great start to the day
I come before Beethoven
All the signs were there
So I am assuming the second clue references Mozart.
Which makes me think of music. And all the signs are there, are possibly the clues scattered in the museum.
Not sure about the great start to the day.
But going to take a stab - are you in GK2?
No
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Thu Jul 03, 2025 5:52 am
I'll start with the usual question: are you in a game that contains the word "Quest"?
Yes
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2025 8:30 am
by Rath Darkblade
My question got a "yes" answer?

*faints*
Are you in a game that takes place on Earth? (i.e. not KQ, SQ or QfG)

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2025 12:14 pm
by Tawmis
Are you in an odd numbered game (1, 3, 5, 7, etc)
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2025 11:35 pm
by notbobsmith
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Fri Jul 04, 2025 8:30 am
My question got a "yes" answer?

*faints*
Are you in a game that takes place on Earth? (i.e. not KQ, SQ or QfG)
Yes (You're 2 for 2 now

)
Tawmis wrote: ↑Fri Jul 04, 2025 12:14 pm
Are you in an odd numbered game (1, 3, 5, 7, etc)
Yes
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2025 1:15 am
by Tawmis
Just going to make sure -
Are you in Police Quest?
(Because could still be EcoQuest, BeQuest, ConQuest or something...)