Page 330 of 383

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2025 12:25 am
by notbobsmith
Okay, guess away:

Outside of a lie
I show a lot of gumption
You still can find me

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2025 12:59 am
by Tawmis
Let's start with the basics - are you in a game with the word "Quest" somewhere in the title (King's Quest, EcoQuest, ConQuest, etc)?

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2025 11:31 pm
by notbobsmith
Tawmis wrote: ↑Sun Aug 10, 2025 12:59 am Let's start with the basics - are you in a game with the word "Quest" somewhere in the title (King's Quest, EcoQuest, ConQuest, etc)?
No

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2025 6:21 am
by Rath Darkblade
Sorry if this sounds selfish, but I have to ask:

Are you in a game that I have played (e.g. Rise of the Dragon, Willy Beamish, Freddy Pharkas, Gabriel Knight etc.) rather than Manhunter, Phantasmagoria, Shivers, Gold Rush etc.?

Sorry. *blush*

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2025 5:03 pm
by Tawmis
Is there more than two in the series?

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2025 11:49 pm
by notbobsmith
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Aug 11, 2025 6:21 am Sorry if this sounds selfish, but I have to ask:

Are you in a game that I have played (e.g. Rise of the Dragon, Willy Beamish, Freddy Pharkas, Gabriel Knight etc.) rather than Manhunter, Phantasmagoria, Shivers, Gold Rush etc.?

Sorry. *blush*
I believe so, yes.
Tawmis wrote: ↑Mon Aug 11, 2025 5:03 pm Is there more than two in the series?
No

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2025 5:21 pm
by Rath Darkblade
So not GK, then. Damn it.

Somewhat unusual question: is the main character an adult? :)

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2025 7:53 pm
by Tawmis
Are you in Dagger of Amon Ra?
(Since you'd be in less than two, and not have Quest in the name, unlike the first game) :D

And it'd fit the "did Rath" play it.

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2025 11:40 pm
by notbobsmith
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Tue Aug 12, 2025 5:21 pm So not GK, then. Damn it.

Somewhat unusual question: is the main character an adult? :)
Yes
Tawmis wrote: ↑Tue Aug 12, 2025 7:53 pm Are you in Dagger of Amon Ra?
(Since you'd be in less than two, and not have Quest in the name, unlike the first game) :D

And it'd fit the "did Rath" play it.
Yes

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2025 6:24 am
by Rath Darkblade
Hmm ... a long shot: are you Lawrence "Ziggy" Ziegfeld? :D

Outside of a lie ............................................................ Ziggy tells at least one
I show a lot of gumption ................................................. He's not that easy to catch in a lie
You still can find me ...................................................... Laura Laura discovers the body of an unknown headless victim, and soon finds Ziggy's disembodied head.

Crossing fingers and toes here! ;)

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2025 11:19 am
by Tawmis
Are you one of the people inside of the game (initially seen alive)?

(So ruling out mummies and the like) :D

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2025 5:40 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Tawmis wrote: ↑Wed Aug 13, 2025 11:19 am Are you one of the people inside of the game (initially seen alive)?

(So ruling out mummies and the like) :D
Um ... I don't think there are any mummies in this game (at least, not ones that are worth commenting on). This isn't GK1. ;)

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2025 10:39 pm
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Wed Aug 13, 2025 5:40 pm
Tawmis wrote: ↑Wed Aug 13, 2025 11:19 am Are you one of the people inside of the game (initially seen alive)?

(So ruling out mummies and the like) :D
Um ... I don't think there are any mummies in this game (at least, not ones that are worth commenting on). This isn't GK1. ;)
I'd beg to differ... what's that in the glass? Mummy?
Are you sure? Room full of mummies?
Also there's that mummy still clearly wrapped up.

So. Yeah. There are mummies.

At the very least one in that last link.

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2025 12:18 am
by notbobsmith
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Wed Aug 13, 2025 6:24 am Hmm ... a long shot: are you Lawrence "Ziggy" Ziegfeld? :D

Outside of a lie ............................................................ Ziggy tells at least one
I show a lot of gumption ................................................. He's not that easy to catch in a lie
You still can find me ...................................................... Laura Laura discovers the body of an unknown headless victim, and soon finds Ziggy's disembodied head.

Crossing fingers and toes here! ;)
No
Tawmis wrote: ↑Wed Aug 13, 2025 11:19 am Are you one of the people inside of the game (initially seen alive)?

(So ruling out mummies and the like) :D
No

New clue:
I rhyme with Ziggy and mummy.

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2025 3:29 am
by Rath Darkblade
Tawmis wrote: ↑Wed Aug 13, 2025 10:39 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Wed Aug 13, 2025 5:40 pm
Tawmis wrote: ↑Wed Aug 13, 2025 11:19 am Are you one of the people inside of the game (initially seen alive)?

(So ruling out mummies and the like) :D
Um ... I don't think there are any mummies in this game (at least, not ones that are worth commenting on). This isn't GK1. ;)
I'd beg to differ... what's that in the glass? Mummy?
Are you sure? Room full of mummies?
Also there's that mummy still clearly wrapped up.

So. Yeah. There are mummies.

At the very least one in that last link.
Yes, of course there are mummies. All I'm saying is that they're not worth commenting on, because they don't affect the game in any way (unlike the zombies in GK1). :)
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Thu Aug 14, 2025 12:18 am No

New clue:
I rhyme with Ziggy and mummy.
Um ... you're a biggy tummy? :lol:

Seriously, you can't rhyme with two words that don't rhyme with each other. Please offer us a different clue.