Page 332 of 383

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2025 9:58 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Aw. Well, it was bound to happen eventually. ;)

Are you found outside the police station?

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2025 12:46 am
by notbobsmith
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Fri Aug 22, 2025 9:58 pm Aw. Well, it was bound to happen eventually. ;)

Are you found outside the police station?
No

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2025 7:13 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Are you outside Lo Fat's?

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2025 11:54 pm
by notbobsmith
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Sat Aug 23, 2025 7:13 pm Are you outside Lo Fat's?
No

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2025 11:02 am
by Tawmis
Are you the Drink Moxie sign?


Moxie rhymes with Mummy.
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Sun Aug 10, 2025 12:25 am Outside of a lie
I show a lot of gumption
You still can find me
Gumption = Moxie

The lie is because it leads to a Speak Easy?

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2025 12:09 am
by notbobsmith
Tawmis wrote: ↑Sun Aug 24, 2025 11:02 am Are you the Drink Moxie sign?


Moxie rhymes with Mummy.
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Sun Aug 10, 2025 12:25 am Outside of a lie
I show a lot of gumption
You still can find me
Gumption = Moxie

The lie is because it leads to a Speak Easy?
Yes I am! And correct on all counts. "You still can find me" because Moxie is still sold. Fun fact: the word "moxie" actually comes from the drink and not the other way around.

I think this also concludes my "Sign Trilogy". My previous two "Who am I"s have been the Colonial sign in PQ1 and a sign in Torin's Passage.

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2025 1:32 am
by Tawmis
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Mon Aug 25, 2025 12:09 am
Tawmis wrote: ↑Sun Aug 24, 2025 11:02 am Are you the Drink Moxie sign?


Moxie rhymes with Mummy.
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Sun Aug 10, 2025 12:25 am Outside of a lie
I show a lot of gumption
You still can find me
Gumption = Moxie

The lie is because it leads to a Speak Easy?
Yes I am! And correct on all counts. "You still can find me" because Moxie is still sold. Fun fact: the word "moxie" actually comes from the drink and not the other way around.

I think this also concludes my "Sign Trilogy". My previous two "Who am I"s have been the Colonial sign in PQ1 and a sign in Torin's Passage.
I did not know that about the word Moxie.

Which I am ashamed of, since my Corgi is named "Moxie May." :D

OK, I will think of something and return...

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2025 6:12 am
by Rath Darkblade
But wait a bit: "Moxie" does NOT rhyme with "Mummy". :x

"Moxie" rhymes with "Doxy" or "Foxy". "Mummy" rhymes with "Dummy" or "Gummy". They're completely different word sounds. :x

The only things that "Moxie" and "Mummy" have in common are that they both start with "M" and end with an "ee" sound. THEY DO NOT RHYME. :x

No wonder I was led astray!!! :(

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2025 12:17 am
by notbobsmith
Tawmis wrote: ↑Mon Aug 25, 2025 1:32 am
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Mon Aug 25, 2025 12:09 am
Tawmis wrote: ↑Sun Aug 24, 2025 11:02 am Are you the Drink Moxie sign?


Moxie rhymes with Mummy.
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Sun Aug 10, 2025 12:25 am Outside of a lie
I show a lot of gumption
You still can find me
Gumption = Moxie

The lie is because it leads to a Speak Easy?
Yes I am! And correct on all counts. "You still can find me" because Moxie is still sold. Fun fact: the word "moxie" actually comes from the drink and not the other way around.

I think this also concludes my "Sign Trilogy". My previous two "Who am I"s have been the Colonial sign in PQ1 and a sign in Torin's Passage.
I did not know that about the word Moxie.

Which I am ashamed of, since my Corgi is named "Moxie May." :D

OK, I will think of something and return...
That's right. I forgot about your Corgi's name. I had no idea about "moxie" either until now. This actually goes beyond words from name brands like band-aid and jello. I don't think anyone thinks of Moxie as a brand anymore.
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Aug 25, 2025 6:12 am But wait a bit: "Moxie" does NOT rhyme with "Mummy". :x

"Moxie" rhymes with "Doxy" or "Foxy". "Mummy" rhymes with "Dummy" or "Gummy". They're completely different word sounds. :x

The only things that "Moxie" and "Mummy" have in common are that they both start with "M" and end with an "ee" sound. THEY DO NOT RHYME. :x

No wonder I was led astray!!! :(
I did correct the clue:
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Thu Aug 14, 2025 11:54 pm Fine. Maybe rhyming a bit of a stretch. This better?

I also end with a "y" sound.

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2025 12:44 am
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Aug 25, 2025 6:12 am But wait a bit: "Moxie" does NOT rhyme with "Mummy". :x
The only things that "Moxie" and "Mummy" have in common are that they both start with "M" and end with an "ee" sound. THEY DO NOT RHYME. :x
I would beg to differ. They do rhyme because of the "ee" sound at the end.

Moxie rhymes with money which rhymes with mummy.

How much of the word has to "rhyme" for you to classify it as a rhyme?

This site even suggests "mommy" rhymes with "moxie"...
So I assume mommy and mummy are close enough...
https://writewithchorus.com/rhymes/moxie

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2025 12:52 am
by Tawmis
Down, down, down you go
Come out the other side
Does this rhyme? I don't know?
I thought it did, maybe I lied?

Anyway, not much to do
I guess you may feel dizzy
I hope you get this clue
And like these rhymes without getting... uh, pissy? Does that rhyme with Dizzy?

;)

Yes, there's actual clues there as to what I am referencing for the game! :D
But also me being snarky! :D

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2025 5:44 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Well ... "dizzy" rhymes with "easy". Or "Squeezy". :D That's because they both have the "zee" ending. "Pissy" is close but not quite, because it has the "see" ending. ;) Try speaking the word "dizzy" and "squeezy" and you'll see what I'm getting at. :)

Also, the first verse reminds me of "Row, row, row your boat". Is that what you were getting at? ;)

And my guess ... are you in the Space Quest games somewhere?

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2025 7:43 pm
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Tue Aug 26, 2025 5:44 pm Well ... "dizzy" rhymes with "easy". Or "Squeezy". :D That's because they both have the "zee" ending. "Pissy" is close but not quite, because it has the "see" ending. ;) Try speaking the word "dizzy" and "squeezy" and you'll see what I'm getting at. :)

Also, the first verse reminds me of "Row, row, row your boat". Is that what you were getting at? ;)

And my guess ... are you in the Space Quest games somewhere?
Hahahah! I knew Pissy and Dizzy didn't rhyme which is why I was silly and ended that line with the same word (dizzy instead of pissy) :lol:

And the row, row, row your boat is, perhaps, not far off....

Because, why, yes, I am indeed in a Space Quest game (I figured this one might be super easy) :D

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2025 11:58 pm
by notbobsmith
Are you in an even numbered game?

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2025 12:58 am
by Tawmis
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Tue Aug 26, 2025 11:58 pm Are you in an even numbered game?
Yes, I am! :)